Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
This is my lowest % of total post count for the year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

snaeksikn posted:

Looking forward to seeing Our Lord and Saviour J Hogan winning the Coleman and Brownlow this year

I'll be happy with just the norm smith

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

I'm honestly amazed Watts made it into an OP in a positive manner, we are living in the end times.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Good thing he didn't actually research his article and find out what people
called them before "the same olds"

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Auspol's resident quail farmer lost two quail chicks to a hawk. I told her to beware the threepeat and she's just lost the fourth to the Hawks. Dark omens indeed.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

gay picnic defence posted:

Where was this posted?

Auspol crew thread. Rip Avshaloms quails

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

TG-Chrono posted:

So Dyson Heppell appeared at a club sponsor's launch or something for Kia and neither the AFL nor ASADA were told and something might happen?
remember last year when they set down rules for how they would approach the clubs of top-up players first then immediately broke those rules?

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

thepokey posted:

Essendon TIE Bombers

Well they're sure as gently caress not the TIE Defenders this year.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

I feel like this maybe deserves a spot in the OP?

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Volkerball posted:

The biggest school in my high school conference were the bombers and I've never heard anyone say anything about that.

But if Essendon wants to be more acceptable to Americans, they can always change their name to a racial slur for Aborigines or something like that. The Essendon Lebos.

They were previously referred to colloquially as the blood stained niggers, if that helps?

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

thepokey posted:

When they were banging on about a missing letter to Doc Reid, the n must have been what they meant

e: also, looks like Jamar has joined up. What was he like in the last couple of years at Melbourne? Shocking I know I wasn't really following Melbourne too closely. I kind of hoped we would maybe have a go at getting Hale to go for one more year with us.

Jamar is a solid ruck still, I personally think we should have kept him on given Gawn's injury history, but maybe he said he didn't want to keep fit just to run around in the VFL for a year.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

thepokey posted:

Losing Roughy for half a year feels like exactly the loving thing that would happen to Hawkthorn on their way to another premiership. I can just hear Bruce talking about it now as the gold and brown confetti spews into the air in September. We can't go through another whole year just for it to happen again.

they're the john cena of afl, gotta overcome those odds

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Essendon't

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

hawks in crisis

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

thepokey posted:

So there is renewed talk about O'Meara coming back to Melbourne. Carlton, Richmond and Hawkthorn are apparently early front runners. Guessing this may be one or two of the old Hawks last years (especially if they win another premiership) and that would make room for O'Meara.

Phew, I was beginning to get worried for them for a bit there

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Also I'm guessing by renewed talk we mean "Someone made a thread on bigfooty" or even worse the herald sun

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

It's really weird how money is an effective cure to wind turbine sickness syndrome or whatever the gently caress they call it

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Periphery posted:

Well this escalated quickly.

E: I'd be really interested to see the demographic breakdowns of all those areas. Also, there's a NT map in the link.

If someone can find a definitive resource of the actual boundaries I can do that with an age/sex/ethnicity breakdown(although it would be a bit outdated from the last census, would be even better when we get the data for the 2016 census) , when I get back to uni and have the GIS lab.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

NTRabbit posted:

I sure am glad that Adelaide, Port Adelaide, and South Australia's long history of being the only state interested in doing anything for the NT has been rewarded.

Melbourne has been active in the NT for a while.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Looks like Melbourne got Casey which iirc is the highest population and the fastest growing LGA in Victoria

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Also this bodes well for my planned post apocalyptic Australia AFL inspired Crusader Kings 2 mod.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

I had to log into UF, then go join games custom games.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Don't worry, if a poor club manages to get a good player through their academy no doubt they'll be off to hawthorn when their two year draftee contract ends

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Hey adam, you wanna do one more lap of getting booed in every stadium in the country?

Nah. Nah I'm right thanks.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

The Deadly Hume posted:

I'm not really sure if I need to be marking Essendon down under my ratings, they finished about -26 scoreboard points below the league average which is already pretty bad (about the same as St Kilda and Gold Coast, with Carlton and Brisbane hanging out in the basement.

surely Melbourne has shown you that there can always be worse.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

The Deadly Hume posted:

Nah Melbourne picked up a bit last year. By the revolutionary advance of having a half-decent defence. Still bad at kicking goals, but maybe they'll progress on that this year.

I was meaning more the second year of Neeld.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

The Deadly Hume posted:

GWS's first year worse, I think Sydney and Fitzroy in the early 90s were pretty bad but I'd have to look back at that.

I meant I thought Melbourne had surely to god bottomed out with our pitiful first year under Neeld, but nope turns out we could still get worse!

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

snaeksikn posted:

wonder what james magner is up to, apparently he played for essendon last preseason as a top up player when they copped bans from preseason games?

He built east link singlehanded so I'm guessing they're contracting him for the level crossing removal

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Herald Sun reported that they asked and Goodes knocked it back, so yeah, big footy rumours or equivalent

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Luke Hodge - IF I did it

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

gabensraum posted:

I don't think you guys realise I'm serious.

Every year a team comes from the bottom four to win the premiership, and this year that will be Carlton FC (est. 1864).

Melbourne peaked too soon :negative:

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

cmndstab posted:

poo poo, I forgot he spent that time as a ruckman. I remember him spending most of his career as the "welp I'll just play wherever I want and dominate" guy but somehow I had blanked out on the ruckman thing.

It's kind of strange to think that one more vote that year and neither Buckley nor Ricciuto would have been Brownlow medalists.

I'm pretty sure the reason he stopped rucking is Paul Roos wanted to protect his knees.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Oh good

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Port should have destroyed any documentation of the trade happening and demanded their picks back.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

NTRabbit posted:

The little girl with Leukemia that Taylor Walker shaved his mullet for is now in remission. Powerful hair.

Post it in the Google doc not in here, also I think you're above the team name character limit

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

I don't really give a poo poo about not getting a top up player but as you said the fact that essendon got 10 and we didn't get one pisses me off.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

I want football

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Shmoses posted:

For some reason I absolutely hate football up until the first bounce of round one.

Weird, for some reason I absolutely love football up until the first bounce of round one :confused:

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

spamman posted:

enjoy
premiership
content

Stop making words up tia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solemn Sloth