Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

Did not expect that execution from will. I have a feeling he's going to be switching sides here shortly on the down low.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

buddhanc posted:

Did not expect that execution from will. I have a feeling he's going to be switching sides here shortly on the down low.

Well the guy basically revealed that gate passes to switch colonies are actually a thing and not all that hard to get, so he knows he's been getting strung along all this time.

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005
I was on board with holographic windows in the factory till the telescope showed up. They either want He3 or monoliths

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug

J33uk posted:

I was on board with holographic windows in the factory till the telescope showed up. They either want He3 or monoliths

I think the theory about the Visitors being future humans is getting a lot more likely. It explains why the Visitors would have access to all of Earth's records and know everything about Earth's infrastructure and defenses before even arriving. It also explains why the Visitors have a different perception of time and are super thorough in making sure that no one can directly see or interact with them; because humanity at large realizing that they're being invaded by themselves could potentially alter the timeline and jeopardize their existence. The only question is what resources they're specifically looking for on the Earth/Moon that they can't get elsewhere in space; with the level of technology they have you would think it would be much less work to mine other planets for resources.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

HorseRenoir posted:

I think the theory about the Visitors being future humans is getting a lot more likely. It explains why the Visitors would have access to all of Earth's records and know everything about Earth's infrastructure and defenses before even arriving. It also explains why the Visitors have a different perception of time and are super thorough in making sure that no one can directly see or interact with them; because humanity at large realizing that they're being invaded by themselves could potentially alter the timeline and jeopardize their existence. The only question is what resources they're specifically looking for on the Earth/Moon that they can't get elsewhere in space; with the level of technology they have you would think it would be much less work to mine other planets for resources.

Wouldn't them being invaded by themselves basically mean they're wiping their timeline out anyway?

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug

evilmiera posted:

Wouldn't them being invaded by themselves basically mean they're wiping their timeline out anyway?

I assume they're doing something similar to Fringe season 5, where the timeline is only affected when it's convenient for the writers

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Not if that's how it happened to them...

You, know like whatever.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
On the other hand, they could be aliens that look like Turd Monster Chet from Weird Science.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

EL BROMANCE posted:

It's set in 2017, and President Trump has gone wall crazy.

I like this explanation the most

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
drat Will :stare:

I love shows who aren't afraid to take out characters once they've gotten themselves into a corner. Really a good episode otherwise too, they've been fixing a lot of stuff that made the first few episodes dull. I like the mysteries too and I hope they keep it coming, it's kind of the catch of this series.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

I liked how Snyder uses a full windsor knot for his tie.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
The most evil of all tie knots.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
This show is great but just like in the Walking Dead I feel like Sarah Wayne Callies just doesn't want to be here. Like her character is just thoroughly disinterested in everything going on.

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

In Mypos, only the strong survive.

This show continues to be my pleasant surprise of 2016. First Mr. Robot, now this. USA is feeling their oats.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Well, I guess that tells us how long this has been going on.

cochise
Sep 11, 2011

:awesomelon:

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Whelp, they killed a Rap, that's probably not going to end up well.

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
God drat, the performances in this show are great.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Also they sure look like Quarians from Mass Effect.

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005
God the sound design on the curfew horn and it's use during the attack sequence is so loving good.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

muscles like this? posted:

Whelp, they killed a Rap, that's probably not going to end up well.

I thought they were called rats?

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

counterfeitsaint posted:

I thought they were called rats?

Raps, raptors. The human authority logo is a snazzy bird like all good oppressive regimes. Also hopefully a few thousand people get glassed and these idiots start to understand how profoundly outmatched they are.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.

J33uk posted:

God the sound design on the curfew horn and it's use during the attack sequence is so loving good.
Yeah that was loving amazing how that came back a few times during the season. Great use here.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
From the looks of that season finale preview, some major budget expenditures are in store for next Thursday.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

bring back old gbs posted:

I was trying to come up with some overarching plan that could involve the walls.

They get over a wall in the season finale, then season 2 turns into Almost Human S02

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

So the invaders are Daft Punk?

WarLocke posted:

They get over a wall in the season finale, then season 2 turns into Almost Human S02

Don't tease me. :allears:

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

Astroman posted:

So the invaders are Daft Punk
Now we know the meaning behind "Harder Better Faster Stronger" - they were talking about the Raps.
But I'm surprised, shocked actually that it's so humanoid. Thought they'd be bigger and/or more alien.

Boogaleeboo posted:

Raps, raptors. The human authority logo is a snazzy bird like all good oppressive regimes. Also hopefully a few thousand people get glassed and these idiots start to understand how profoundly outmatched they are.

I hope they take the suit and start to understand Raps technology so they can use it against the invaders.

A few billion people have already been glassed; a few thousand more are collateral damage. And the Raps are less frightening, less omnipotent when you see one laying dead in the rubble.
Going to make a great propaganda photo for Geronimo and the resistance.

Binary Logic fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Mar 13, 2016

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
I'll be disappointed if everything is as it seems in that subway car. Either that thing is some kind of drone or it's a suit (like a Dalak) or part of some single collective consciousness or something beyond just a cylon looking humanoid dude.

I supposed it could technically still be a suit for a time traveler from the future, but I'm still hoping not, because time travel stories are basically always bad.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

I didn't see anything. Were the occupiers revealed? I just saw a red and black Metroid cosplay lying there, was there something else I missed?

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Cactus posted:

I didn't see anything. Were the occupiers revealed? I just saw a red and black Metroid cosplay lying there, was there something else I missed?

Did you watch the final end scene for the episode?

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

etalian posted:

Did you watch the final end scene for the episode?

Rewatching now... they come on to the carriage... there's loads of flickering sounds and lights and stuff... they see a load of dead humanoid bodies... they focus on one in particular... it seems to show that particular (humanoid maybe?) body as being contained in a suit, with a red and black helmet similar to helmets worn by humans... I don't know was I supposed to see some insectoid or some energy being or something? I just saw some dude in a red and black helmet lying there in flickering light, dead.

?

What am I missing?

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Throwing it out there now, I bet there is no way that robot is anything more than a servant or intermediary of the actual overlords.

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
Why do people think it's a robot? I'm assuming the Visitors are using containment suits to avoid infection from Earth's bacteria, hence the decontamination procedures human have to go through to enter the factory. Not sure if it's been brought up yet, but the Visitor has four fingers per hand which probably rules out invaders being human or made by humans.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe
At first I thought it was Breen LOL.
The drones are the Raps' robotic security force. We were told that this was an official Rap rep coming for a visit.

Binary Logic fucked around with this message at 12:53 on Mar 15, 2016

Atreiden
May 4, 2008

HorseRenoir posted:

Why do people think it's a robot? I'm assuming the Visitors are using containment suits to avoid infection from Earth's bacteria, hence the decontamination procedures human have to go through to enter the factory. Not sure if it's been brought up yet, but the Visitor has four fingers per hand which probably rules out invaders being human or made by humans.

I wondered about the four fingers too. But it could just be, that the invaders are the next step of human evolution, having lost a digit and might no longer be immune to our times bacteria. Though I honestly rather want them to be aliens, but I guess we get to see it in the next episode.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Looks just like a guy in a suit/helmet thing to me. Like what people wear when they're going to jump over 10 cars on a motorbike.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

HorseRenoir posted:

The hand it panned over looked too spindly and thin to be a gloved human hand, so if it's not a robot, it's either a really thin limbed humanoid's glove, or a human with pretty advanced prosthetics.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe
Katie: "Who's Hyperion?"
"Apparently he's a big effin' deal"
also referred to as a VIP and "someone major in regional leadership".

There's no indication in the show that it is a robot and this is going to turn into Chappie.

Binary Logic fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Mar 16, 2016

Fragmented
Oct 7, 2003

I'm not ready =(

They are totally finding a gravity gun under the body though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Fragmented posted:

They are totally finding a gravity gun under the body though.

the cool curfew siren was pretty HL2-esque

• Locked thread