Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tyler is a joke
Apr 28, 2013

override367 posted:

yeah, except in the case of this show a successful resistance just means the aliens nuke your entire block without losing a wink of sleep

My friend suggested to me a possible endgame for this show, what if the Raps just up and leave? What if they really do finish whatever they came here to do and gently caress off, leaving a brutal proxy government in power without a fig leaf of legitimacy?

What if they already have?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Will is a saint putting up with all that dumb poo poo his wife keeps putting him through. Exile her to the wastes.

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

In Mypos, only the strong survive.

override367 posted:

yeah, except in the case of this show a successful resistance just means the aliens nuke your entire block without losing a wink of sleep

My friend suggested to me a possible endgame for this show, what if the Raps just up and leave? What if they really do finish whatever they came here to do and gently caress off, leaving a brutal proxy government in power without a fig leaf of legitimacy?

For a sneak preview see what happened when the US liberated western Europe from the Nazis.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Maybe our whole planet is a zoo and the drones are just tourists and students observing indigenous life in its natural habitat using advanced vr tech.

Deuce
Jun 18, 2004
Mile High Club

Cactus posted:

Maybe our whole planet is a zoo and the drones are just tourists and students observing indigenous life in its natural habitat using advanced vr tech.

And the slave labor camp on the moon is really uhhhh the vet's office?

Also the premium package gives you an armed drone and a hunting license.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

I'm really bad at speculation and there is ample evidence of this in many other threads.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

override367 posted:

The long term survival of that govt would depend on how the rest of the world is looking. We have no idea what anything looks like outside the cities. If the rest of the world is an apocalyptic hellscape then the resources to maintain these beautiful cities could dry up fast.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
I hadn't really considered this much but I like the concept of a show about a human colony where the entire world is a post-apocalyptic alien invasion outside of a few small colonies. Makes me want to see a little more of that part...

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Feenix posted:

I hadn't really considered this much but I like the concept of a show about a human colony where the entire world is a post-apocalyptic alien invasion outside of a few small colonies. Makes me want to see a little more of that part...

Well Defiance sort of did this concept except it's on a terraformed earth.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Feenix posted:

I honestly think this could be a major plot point in future seasons.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I just hope the show runners know exactly what's going on this world and aren't just hoping it writes itself.

Still surprised at how much I enjoyed this and already looking for season 2.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

EL BROMANCE posted:

I just hope the show runners know exactly what's going on this world and aren't just hoping it writes itself.

gently caress

:ughh:

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!
Lindelof graced us with The Leftovers. Crossing my fingers that he bore most of the responsibility what Lost turned into.

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

Combat Pretzel posted:

Lindelof graced us with The Leftovers. Crossing my fingers that he bore most of the responsibility what Lost turned into.

Well for me that was the most memorable television show in history.

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

Bulky Bartokomous posted:

For a sneak preview see what happened when the US liberated western Europe from the Nazis.

Please tell us more of this alt-history where the great saviours single-handedly rescued us poor peasants.

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

Norwegian Rudo posted:

Please tell us more of this alt-history where the great saviours single-handedly rescued us poor peasants.

Didn't mean to slight the sacrifices or contributions of the non-US allies. I apologize.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

Combat Pretzel posted:

He is the most astoundingly smug prick about this whenever asked in interviews, I'd be willing to bet it was mostly his fault.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.
We get it, Lost wasn't perfect. But I think it's been long enough that everyone has learned what made Lost great and we're also far enough away that people aren't needlessly making Lost-clones cause those up and truly failed by the dozens. Lindelof and Cuse included.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

I was partially joking, because I loved Lost, ending and all. I just don't necessarily want the same kind of story in Colony, and I'm hoping Lindelof isn't the same kind of one trick pony that say, M Night Shyamalan is.

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

To be honest, I'd be a lot more concerned about this show's connection to The Strain, rather than Lost.

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

Comrade Fakename posted:

To be honest, I'd be a lot more concerned about this show's connection to The Strain, rather than Lost.

The aliens are space vampires?

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Comrade Fakename posted:

I would...

...but I love The Strain.
:boom:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

karrethuun
Jun 6, 2011
strain is terrible but I have watched all of it. One thing I like how colony handled was even though it is a family centered drama the kids were not totally insufferable and the younger ones had a minimum of screen time. That stupid kid on the strain is by far the worst part of the show.

• Locked thread