Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
What about that scene in the Matrix 2 where Merovingian gives that woman a piece of dessert that causes her to poo poo herself in a fancy restaurant.

That's what happens, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

IT CAN'T BE BARGAINED WITH.
IT CAN'T BE REASONED WITH.
IT DOESN'T FEEL PITY, OR REMORSE, OR FEAR.
AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry

Minorkos posted:

the scene in inglorious basterds where the guys just sit at the table and talk talk talk. like it's a loving movie about killing nazis, why the gently caress are you talking, god

Lol, just lol, if you're such a millennial you can't appreciate character development that isn't shot by Michael Bay with explosions going off and everyone covered in dirt while they convey simplistic black and white versions of morality and predictable character arks.

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Kitchner posted:

Lol, just lol, if you're such a millennial you can't appreciate character development that isn't shot by Michael Bay with explosions going off and everyone covered in dirt while they convey simplistic black and white versions of morality and predictable character arks.

the vocab in this post proves this isnt kitchner. fake

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
i wish i had a character ark but i get sea sick, instead i have a character touring bus

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost

Kitchner posted:

I filmed this post and now it's the worst scene of all time.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.
Hell there is a worse scene in the matrix trilogy itself. Trinity's 5 minute death scene.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Nathilus posted:

Hell there is a worse scene in the matrix trilogy itself. Trinity's 5 minute death scene.

thanks for the spoiler jerk

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.

RideTheSpiral posted:

thanks for the spoiler jerk

Np. Additional spolier. She takes a really long time to die and won't stfu for a second of it.

ultrabindu
Jan 28, 2009
lovely choreography interspersed with lovely cgi

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VA0Ch2_2o7I

This is dumb and I hate it.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

ultrabindu posted:

lovely choreography interspersed with lovely cgi

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VA0Ch2_2o7I

This is dumb and I hate it.

why did they do that? why

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

anakin's 'i don't like sand' monologue in star wars episode 2 caused me to walk out of the theater. it remains the only movie i walked out of, which says a lot when i've seen stinkers like reign of fire and stayed for the duration of them.

it is the worst scene in cinema history, from the worst movie in cinema history.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I walked out of Man of Steel after the 30th consecutive minute of banal, boring, unnaturally-destructive-for-a-superhero-movie cgi fighting.

Whatev
Jan 19, 2007

unfading
Haha, has Sam Raimi ever explained what the gently caress is up with Spider-Man 3? So much of that movie is so hilariously awful that is seems like it was a joke being played on the audience, but afaik it really wasn't a "gently caress all of you, I'm out" affair and he was devoted to making a 4th one
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqKWAc_wt60

Rex Deckard
Jul 15, 2004

Witchboard is not great but not terrible at all. Not a bad horror flick, good creepy, and has some decent scares. It is probably the peak 80s moment for most of us in the late 30-early 40 crowd because we all know we stayed up late to catch it on Cinemax for the brief Tawny Kitaen shower scene. It made the whole Whitesnake phenomenon understandable finally.

ultrabindu
Jan 28, 2009

Whatev posted:

Haha, has Sam Raimi ever explained what the gently caress is up with Spider-Man 3? So much of that movie is so hilariously awful that is seems like it was a joke being played on the audience, but afaik it really wasn't a "gently caress all of you, I'm out" affair and he was devoted to making a 4th one
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqKWAc_wt60

Shortly afterward he said there was studio interference that insisted he include Venom, but that don't explain all the other lovely things that went on in the film.

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
My favorite part was when Sandman was defeated by love.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
Spider-man 3 isn't as bad as nerds make it out to be.

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

Gaunab posted:

Spider-man 3 isn't as bad as nerds make it out to be.

Spider man 3 is funny as poo poo.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Cubey posted:

anakin's 'i don't like sand' monologue in star wars episode 2 caused me to walk out of the theater. it remains the only movie i walked out of, which says a lot when i've seen stinkers like reign of fire and stayed for the duration of them.

it is the worst scene in cinema history, from the worst movie in cinema history.

i rewatched eps II and III recently because i hadn't seen them since they first came out. i was thinking "they can't possibly be as bad as i remember" but welp, i was wrong. episode II is especially painful, since like 90% of the movie is just anakin awkwardly trying to get laid

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Cubey posted:

i've seen stinkers like reign of fire

Remember the trailers for that movie where it looked like we were getting "dragons versus tanks" and it looked badass as all hell?

Yeah, I still want to see that movie.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

This thing is worse than a millenium of Aztec human sacrifices

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Gorilla Salad posted:

Remember the trailers for that movie where it looked like we were getting "dragons versus tanks" and it looked badass as all hell?

Yeah, I still want to see that movie.

yeah that's why i went to see it :sigh:

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Kitchner posted:

is this what gbs is now?

jfc

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I thought the worst scene in inglourious basterds was that terrible musical bit when what's her face was preparing the theater and getting all dolled up. The song was bad and it was so long

jarjarbinksfan621
Mar 4, 2012
Matrix Reloaded is horrible, confusing garbage but I think Matrix Revolutions is actually pretty solid and it gets a bad rap because people still had a bad taste in their mouth from Reloaded. That part at the end where Neo with his eyes burnt out of his face goes to the Machine City to try to make a deal/truce with the Hivemind and the Hivemind face goes "What do you want?", and he just says one word, "Peace." was epic as gently caress and made the movie.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Quote-Unquote posted:

episode II is especially painful, since like 90% of the movie is just anakin awkwardly trying to get laid

strikes too close to home, does it? :haw:

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

jarjarbinksfan621 posted:

Matrix Reloaded is horrible, confusing garbage but I think Matrix Revolutions is actually pretty solid and it gets a bad rap because people still had a bad taste in their mouth from Reloaded. That part at the end where Neo with his eyes burnt out of his face goes to the Machine City to try to make a deal/truce with the Hivemind and the Hivemind face goes "What do you want?", and he just says one word, "Peace." was epic as gently caress and made the movie.

pls don't troll in gbs

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

You almost had me there, buddy

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
dr tim very easily claims a post on the 4th page

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWGuyo8F7MA&t=170s

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

you went too far

jarjarbinksfan621
Mar 4, 2012

ElGroucho posted:

You almost had me there, buddy

That's the problem with the world. Everybody is so phony, phony is the norm, phony is the real, so when you put yourself out there sharing completely genuine thoughts and feelings you ironically look like a phony. Maybe we really are in "The Matrix".

Panamaniac
Jun 18, 2007

HEROES NEVER DIE
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crash_(1996_film)

Pick anything in this movie.

Jigglesby
Jan 16, 2015

Whoopsi Goldberg explaining that thing Malcom McDowell was playing with in that one Star Trek

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

That's the problem with the world. Everybody is so phony, phony is the norm, phony is the real, so when you put yourself out there sharing completely genuine thoughts and feelings you ironically look like a phony. Maybe we really are in "The Matrix".

I know we're not in the Matrix because there is less lovely dialogue in my life.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Gigli.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vw9sQ98s9AE

Thunder Moose
Mar 7, 2015

S.J.C.
That whole movie was really pathetic - HTH

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sow4P74tW74

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

My friends and I saw this opening night and we all agreed to cheer really loudly and hilariously when the Rock returned and then this thing came out and the theater was completely silent.

• Locked thread