Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Daedra posted:

birdman was poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Mad Max: Fury Road. 100% style over substance.

Getting mad about this is like getting really mad at a theme park stunt show for not being deep enough with the plot.

I honestly think a lot of goons got hit with overhype on some of these movies: Being told they were the best thing ever for so long that they're disappointed when it's not AMAZING, like it was in their head.

People might call you a dick but if you go into every movie expecting it to suck poo poo, you'll find yourself enjoying a lot more movies.

Blazing Ownager fucked around with this message at 09:35 on Feb 1, 2016

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
So mad. Just a kettle of rage here.

Edit: As a matter of fact, I did go into MM expecting it to suck dicks.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
i wasn't big on the shining reboot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6s40Q6ODSI8

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Indy posted:

Dark Knight was the best movie in years and everything in this post is wrong. Sorry.

You must not see many movies

Jukeboxblues
Jul 29, 2015

Grimey Drawer
I dislike any movie you like and enjoy any movies you hate because I'm better than you. :cool:

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

khwarezm posted:

The Force Awakens was thoroughly average and would be considered pretty forgettable if it wasn't a Star Wars film.

:agreed:

Hobbit was worse though. JJ can at least do space battles well.

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

Episode vii was decent for a remake of a space opera film from 1977

the movie probably kicked rear end if you've never seen episode iv

based on this information I have actually not watched episode vii yet and am gonna wait until it's out on poo-ray. in fact I saw Hateful Eight instead and like every Tarantino film it loving kicked rear end

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Pastor Perineum posted:

Episode vii was decent for a remake of a space opera film from 1977

the movie probably kicked rear end if you've never seen episode iv
the only other Star Wars movie i've seen is episode IV and i prefer episode VII over it.

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord

Jukeboxblues posted:

I dislike any movie you like and enjoy any movies you hate because I'm better than you. :cool:

hosed up if true

Jukeboxblues
Jul 29, 2015

Grimey Drawer

Kuato posted:

hosed up if true

Hey you know your favorite movie? Yeah well its badly written and the cinematography SUCKS and its really poorly acted. Only man children like it. Of course you can't even understand why that movie you hate the most is actually one of the best movies ever made due to its interesting dialogue, great visuals and a lot of subtle nuances your mind doesn't even notice and thus can't appreciate. :cool:

I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

I want to see all of these movies so's I can feel accepted and judge you based on my....ah
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRZxek8rwNU

Obligatory Handle
Feb 27, 2004

by Lowtax
The King's Speech. Ohhh man, he gave a speech, what a thrilling climax.

BORING AS gently caress

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
Avatar is the worst, I think I was high when I saw it too but it still sucked

even saw it in the drat theater

gently caress you Avatar

skeevy achievements
Feb 25, 2008

by merry exmarx
Avatar and Redline are two of a kind

gorgeous films best experienced on mute

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord

Jukeboxblues posted:

Hey you know your favorite movie? Yeah well its badly written and the cinematography SUCKS and its really poorly acted. Only man children like it. Of course you can't even understand why that movie you hate the most is actually one of the best movies ever made due to its interesting dialogue, great visuals and a lot of subtle nuances your mind doesn't even notice and thus can't appreciate. :cool:

Hard to dispute such a well thought out argument. Feel like such a philistine now

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

:staredog::meowth::pipe:
Oh yes Pacific Rim, how could I forget that pile of wank.

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

I think one retard in here said whiplash. I'm to lazy to find the post but that person should kill themselves

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

i was disappointed in that found footage thriller about the man under the tarp because he came out from under the tarp and that really ruined the sense of mystery

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

I saw inside out for some reason and it was a pile of loving poo poo

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax
Mad Mad: Fury Road was dumb as poo poo. The best part was the ham-handed feminist poo poo was all undone when they tacitly admitted the best they could ever hope for was to occupy the structures men had created because women failed at doing anything themselves.

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

BigBoss posted:

Mad Mad: Fury Road was dumb as poo poo. The best part was the ham-handed feminist poo poo was all undone when they tacitly admitted the best they could ever hope for was to occupy the structures men had created because women failed at doing anything themselves.

the men built those structures hoping they'd get laid and you know it

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
star wars? more like star bores :rolleyes:

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams
The thing that I found disappointing in Fury Road is that it didn't have the sense of humor found in the other movies. Even the first Mad Max bad guys were kind of funny "push me, shove you!" and stuff like that they kept through out the other two movies with Lord Humongous and Iron Bar. Yeah they had the fire throwing guitar guy but it just didn't have that feel of a Mad Max movie to me.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

One of the Mad Max movies had a start-to-finish rape and murder

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams

Professor Shark posted:

One of the Mad Max movies had a start-to-finish rape and murder

The first and second have them, but they only show the start and then the after math. The first one is hilarious because as Goose and Max get closer to the scene they see a guy running naked through a field clutching his rear end (he was a rape victim), then they find the car with the woman tied to it by a dog leash and a drugged out gang member that was left behind because he was too hosed up to ride.

Leave to the Aussies to make a funny rape scene.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

www posted:

hobbit movies, get hosed Jackson you goddamn hack

I never understood the nerd hate for the Star Wars prequels until I saw the hobbit films. Holy gently caress.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

The Hobbit movies are what finally made me understand the idea of "movies with no soul"

They're Capitalism Zombies

skeevy achievements
Feb 25, 2008

by merry exmarx

Whorelord posted:

I saw inside out for some reason and it was a pile of loving poo poo

but let me tell you why the pinnacle of sophisticated animated storytelling for adults is Adventure Time

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
I tried Adventure Time. The main plot driven episodes were kinda neat, but they were too few and far between.

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

Elysium
Ex Machina
The Danish Girl
Interstellar
Hateful Eight

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Gravity is really bad you guys

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Gravity was at least visually stunning in comparison to the ocular turdfest that was Interstellar. Both films weren't good but Interstellar looked like crap considering the beauty of stars is quite captivating.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

lorn Wayne posted:

Oh yes Pacific Rim, how could I forget that pile of wank.

Check out Atlantic Rim man waaaayyy better

for the wrong reason

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

Forgot Bridge of Spies.

Wall Balls
Jun 3, 2007

Spanish Castle Magic

pacific rim was so bad, how do you cast the least interesting milquetoast person on earth for your main character when you got idris elba right there

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

why the feds worried bout me clockin on this corner/
when there's politicians out here gettin popped in arizona

Pootybutt posted:

Elysium
Ex Machina
The Danish Girl
Interstellar
Hateful Eight

you have loving terrible taste my man

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Wall Balls posted:

pacific rim was so bad, how do you cast the least interesting milquetoast person on earth for your main character when you got idris elba right there

Nice clean cut white boy

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

the great deceiver posted:

you have loving terrible taste my man

lol nah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax

MiracleWhale posted:

the men built those structures hoping they'd get laid and you know it

Aside from preventing hunger, getting tang is the biggest driver of advancement in human history.

• Locked thread