Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

CapnAndy posted:

One of the many reasons I love Hackers is that none of the technobabble is wrong, but it's almost always irrelevant. So instead of throwing nonsense words around or getting the jargon wrong, they do it exactly right, but in service of describing a really good monitor and then acting like monitors increase processing power or something.

This clip makes me crack up every time I see it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZ4ZJk4lLEI

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Madkal posted:

You jerks are making me nostalgic for Hackers and I didn't even like the movie the first time around.
Speaking about crappy 90's movies, any other guilty pleasures for folks here from stuff from the 90's? I am still partial to Spawn myself.

Hackers is on Netflix and a great movie to watch with friends.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

zoux posted:

How bad is y'all's comic backlog right now? Mine is terrible, I'm never going to catch up.

Valiant is ruining mine

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

boom boom boom posted:

Seriously? Gross. American comics are hosed up.

Its suppose to be gross and messed up. That is the whole point of it and how immortality is not a good thing.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Ghostlight posted:

It sounds more like having a miscarriage every morning is not a good thing, and wouldn't be fun even if you only did it for 40 years then died.

The lady pissed off some god and made it so she resets at the end of the day, and the day that gets repeated is the one where she lost her child.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Vandal Savage is an immortal caveman along with Armstrong and Eternal Warrior in Valiant.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

boom boom boom posted:

The movie starts with dozens of train crashes, all throughout the universe

As long as we get the back lantern refrigerator

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

zoux posted:

Fear Itself was the first big event that I, a comics noob who was just uncritically enamored with the medium, thought was really bad. However, Gillen's tie in is a great book in spite of the art. Did he ever write any other runs, there are some real iconic moments in those books especially for just being a tie in to some halfassed crossover.

Journey into mystery and uncanny x-men after schism

• Locked thread