Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

This is only tangentially related to comics, but I mentioned writing this in another thread here in BSS months ago and people said they wanted me to drop the link when it went up.

Street Fighter: Ranking All the Characters

To be on topic:

I hate you, The Ferret.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Chaos Hippy posted:

I just learned more about Street Fighter than I ever needed to know. It probably says something about your writing that I read that entire list despite not giving half a poo poo about Street Fighter.

Thanks, Angry Disembodied Head of Jonah :3:

KaosMachina posted:

In the fight between E.Honda and The Ferret, the loser is the reader

For real, the sudden cancellation of Malibu's Street Fighter comic might be my favorite comic book thing ever. It never stops being funny.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Ghostlight posted:

The title says "ranking all the characters" and yet notably absent are the new ones from the Street Fighter released just in time for the article. :colbert:

I finished writing it a month ago and they decided to publish it today. I'll add them eventually.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Ghostlight posted:

EX characters are non-canon and also not owned by Capcom.

Skullomania is to Street Fighter as Rom: Spaceknight is to Marvel.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Chinaman7000 posted:

STAH thread makes me wonder, what's the actual best/most clever use of GL or any GL style power in comics. So you can create anything you think of, that's cool, there should be like a million great stories using that cleverly. Instead, the most iconic GL stuff seems to be more about being space cops or emotional warfare. I like Kyle and designs given to him were more interesting to look at but still feels like it hasn't been tapped that much as a concept.

My favorite use is from a Justice League story from the post-Giffen run when Maxima and Guy swindled some aliens. They apparently owned the deed to our galaxy and long story short, Maxima paid them off with a fuckton of gold or space gold or whatever it was. In actuality, she just mentally told Guy (who was using Sinestro's ring those days) to construct mountains of that stuff. The constructs would dissipate eventually, but the aliens would be long gone and supposedly wouldn't notice for years.

I miss Maxima. She never showed up in New 52, did she.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Lurdiak posted:

Attention Gavok:

Holy. gently caress.

Why does this even exist? Answer me!

• Locked thread