Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy
Need advice on how to deal with annoying children. Any expert on psychology here? I always tell them to not do things, but they still do it anyway.

GBS I need your sage input on this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stonelegs
Apr 15, 2003

I'll have a coke...
Tie them to a chair and addict them to heroin.

That, or freezepops. Kids love freezepops.

Xenoid
Dec 9, 2006
I smother them because it quiets them and soothes my nerves.

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring
do what the majority of american parents, teachers and doctors do and just heavily medicate them and doom them to a life of robotic emotionless gray highlighted by a gloriously public suicide

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

i shy away from them like a startled carthorse, OP

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
this might work op
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNURaaxE1zw

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

tie em in a burlap sack and throw em into the river

if they sink they were a good child, rip lil angel :angel:

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

Just turn on Netflix cartoon shows and get on with your life.

Calbiyum
May 18, 2015
Put ur dick cock in their mouth

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam
Several possibilities come to mind:

1. Give them detention, so they have to stay after school for an extra hour.
2. Make them call their parents and explain why they are in trouble, and why they will be staying after school.
3. Write a referral and send them to the office.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
poorly

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Calbiyum posted:

Put ur dick cock in their mouth

quoting for the FBI

Shaquin
May 12, 2007
Maturely engage them and attempt to get across why what they want to do is wrong rather than prohibiting it in a reactionary manner. Tailor this to their own age and emotional maturity level. Treat them with respect and as a human being with their own agency that needs to be guided through the world rather than herded and they will respect you in turn even if only sub consciously HTH.

ehhhhhhnnnnnn
Jun 3, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
Leave the child and do whatever you want with your day

nickhimself
Jul 16, 2007

I GIVE YOU MY INFO YOU LOG IN AND PUT IN BUILD I PAY YOU 3 BLESSINGS
Are they your children? If so: give them away

Are they not your children? If not: move away from them, ignore them

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

Pray that the DNA test proves you aren't the father.

Calbiyum
May 18, 2015

Robo Reagan posted:

quoting for the FBI

Uhmmmmmmmmm

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.
make mom do everything

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
i get really drunk and beat them just like i was taught

proctorbot
Jan 27, 2005
BUT CAN IT FEEL??!?!

Shaquin posted:

Maturely engage them and attempt to get across why what they want to do is wrong rather than prohibiting it in a reactionary manner. Tailor this to their own age and emotional maturity level. Treat them with respect and as a human being with their own agency that needs to be guided through the world rather than herded and they will respect you in turn even if only sub consciously HTH.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Universe Master posted:

Pray that the DNA test proves you aren't the father.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
fortunately, most kids i meet are terrified of me so i dont have to interact with them at all. i dont even have to do anything!

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

Shaquin posted:

Yeah this doesn't work. Maybe 1/3rd of the time. The rest is either bribery or intimidation.

scuba school sucks
Aug 30, 2012

The brilliance of my posting illuminates the forums like a jar of shining gold when all around is dark
I don't, I got a whole platoon of flying monkeys to handle that poo poo.

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

peek around every corner and if there are children pull out your blowgun

Stik3
Jan 28, 2015

From President of the colonies to this.
Deal to the left, if they don't know how to play, gently caress 'em.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AF_nfazQaek

Dr. Dogballs Jr.
Jun 9, 2014

the angriest sex machine
everything ive learned in working with special needs kids can easily be applied to anybody, you just need to be tactful. its literally nothing but motivational factoring. something makes them tick, find it and exploit the gently caress out of it. this kid is doing this bad thing for attention, deprave them of attention. they do something hazardous because you ignore? remind them calmly and with detachment that they are about to lose something near and dear to them for a looooong time (treasured personal items work better than just "tv" or "video games" statements). or just pin their rear end down in 4-point restraint. they want juice? loving behave, then they can have some. do not take anything personally and try to be like fuckin spock. remember: children usually don't understand half the poo poo they say

it may sound weird and cold to take child-rearing as the blunt relationship it winds up being before a person can process complex social theories fully, but it really is manipulation in the raw if you remember/realize that not all manipulation is negative. raising a functional, intelligent, capable human being is nothing but a series of behavioral/social/environmental/financial/any other aspect of your young life manipulations made by those who raised you, hopefully for your benefit.

Dr. Dogballs Jr.
Jun 9, 2014

the angriest sex machine
bribery works if you want a spoiled piece of self-entitled poo poo (duh). intimidation is fine if you don't give a gently caress about the kids ultimately trusting you and you like being the hulk all the time. anger is a lot more draining than just asking "what do you want?" and responding with "well then you need to ____ for that to happen."

one of the most basic things we do with or clientele is a two-choice system. ex: you can calm down and keep watching tv or you can go to your room if you want to keep being upset.

or: you can have carrots or broccoli. chips is NOT an option im offering right now

YerAuraBoresMeAlice
Dec 26, 2005

I am so happy I got a vasectomy.

Xenoid
Dec 9, 2006

YerAuraBoresMeAlice posted:

I am so happy I got a vasectomy.

I have a cheaper version of this where I never have sex.

Dr. Dogballs Jr.
Jun 9, 2014

the angriest sex machine
stick to your choices offered, be firm. it's important as gently caress to establish a repor as reliable to not bend like a bitch if you want to get along with them at all, much less have fun while they're behaving.

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007
drone strikes (Obama only)

Dr. Dogballs Jr.
Jun 9, 2014

the angriest sex machine
note that a lot of the stuff im talking about is for when the kids are exhibiting bad behaviours. of course always be as smiley and approachable as you can be when they're not little shits (i don't even like kids, like, at all, but my stressful as gently caress dsp job often makes me smile at the ones i work with). when they are though: fuckin spock works a lot better than anger/ scare tactics

Dr. Dogballs Jr.
Jun 9, 2014

the angriest sex machine
that was a lot of fuckin serious post words, poo poo.

actual solution: just don't deal with them and laugh at the idiots that tied themselves down to such an annoying little parasite. blegh, the sound of babies crying and kids whining is the only birth control i ever need

MiracleWhale posted:

tie em in a burlap sack and throw em into the river

if they sink they were a good child, rip lil angel :angel:

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

What if Hitler invented the BMW i3 Subcompact Electric car?
I report them to the concierge.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:
throw them in a bog

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

Three Olives posted:

I report them to the concierge.

3O coming through in the clutch

Nascardad
Oct 22, 2009

"Racing is in my blood, I can't quite get out of it yet"
Play hide and seek. Let them hide....never seek.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
steam them

• Locked thread