Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

some texas redneck posted:

Played with the dog a little bit before I left for work. Just checked in with work to let them know I'm ready for orders, and looked down...

Shorts are covered in dog hair. Damnit. At least it'll be dark fairly soon, so people hopefully won't notice... much.

Stop and get you a sticky lint roller at Walmart/Target. They're cheap. Then keep it in the car for just such an emergency. A roll of packing tap will work in a pinch (cut off about 6" :quagmire: and make a sticky-side-out loop)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Cage posted:

Actually I've only played about 10 minutes of single player so Im not sure, I do the car collecting in online. Pretty sure you always have to be parked inside a garage but I may be wrong.

But, just park it inside the garage once, then it's yours? I'll look it up. I assume you get a bigger garage at some point.
I've got a group of friends who play GTA Online, which is the primary reason I bough it when it went on a Deals with Gold special for $40. They promise that I can have plenty of cash pretty quick if I join their heists. Same guys I play Battlefield with, so hopefully their heists go better than Lamar's.

edit:
Just read up - you have to buy a garage to store cars, then buy more when you reach capacity. time to do some jobs for the cash.
I forgot about the AE86 coupe I spotted, and the 510 look-alike. Gonna snag those when I buy a garage and mod the gently caress out of them. "Fujiwara" rims on the AE86? Yes please.

Darchangel fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Feb 1, 2016

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

Played with the dog a little bit before I left for work. Just checked in with work to let them know I'm ready for orders, and looked down...

Shorts are covered in dog hair. Damnit. At least it'll be dark fairly soon, so people hopefully won't notice... much.

I have a lint roller in my car just in case this situation arises. Pugs shed way more hair than you think.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Darchangel posted:

But, just park it inside the garage once, then it's yours? I'll look it up. I assume you get a bigger garage at some point.
I've got a group of friends who play GTA Online, which is the primary reason I bough it when it went on a Deals with Gold special for $40. They promise that I can have plenty of cash pretty quick if I join their heists. Same guys I play Battlefield with, so hopefully their heists go better than Lamar's.
Im not sure if its the exact same in SP, but in online you can grab random cars and throw them in your garage as long as it isn't a high end car. Roughly anything above a sports car, I think is considered high end. If you blow it up it wont auto respawn like the characters cars, you have to take it to a pay n spray and purchase a tracker and insurance for it.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Ozmiander posted:

This passes for humor in AI.

Okay, let's see you do better. :toxx:

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

meatpimp posted:

Okay, let's see you do better. :toxx:

Your posting history.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

How may tries does he get at this then?

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Cage posted:

Im not sure if its the exact same in SP, but in online you can grab random cars and throw them in your garage as long as it isn't a high end car. Roughly anything above a sports car, I think is considered high end. If you blow it up it wont auto respawn like the characters cars, you have to take it to a pay n spray and purchase a tracker and insurance for it.

Looking at the list of cars.
Holy crap!
Ferrari 250 GTO coupe!
Citreon SM! I can't wait to see what this looks like modded.
Lambo Miura (possibly original GT40)
Aston DB4
The Bug Type 57 Atlantic is gorgeous.

Oh, man, I'm going to be busy. It's like Pokemon with cars...

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine

Cage posted:

Sorry but :thurman: says otherwise. :smug:

Lol this payoff was better than expected

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Ozmiander posted:

Your posting history.

And that's why you never post content, only criticism. Don't worry, keep watching, maybe someday you'll have something helpful or funny to add.

Edit: If only. :swoon:

meatpimp fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Feb 1, 2016

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

meatpimp posted:

And that's why you never post content, only criticism. Don't worry, keep watching, maybe someday you'll have something helpful or funny to add.

Yes, your posting IS a big part of why i don't post much any more.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
You guys are weird with your bickering. I dont have any feelings about corn, he just couldn't have set me up any better. Post about cars and post pictures of cars and a good time is had.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Cage posted:

You guys are weird with your bickering. I dont have any feelings about corn, he just couldn't have set me up any better. Post about cars and post pictures of cars and a good time is had.

The chat thread really isn't about cars, it's more about parallel-wired MAF sensors, taxes and Herbal Clean.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

meatpimp posted:

The chat thread really isn't about cars, it's more about parallel-wired MAF sensors, taxes and Herbal Clean.

Herbal Clean? What, funneling a bunch of Lemon Fresh up the rear end and poo poo it back out in a cloud of bubbles, enema poo poo and smuggery?

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Ozmiander posted:

Yes, your posting IS a big part of why i don't post much any more.

Is your ignore list broken? I cant even

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?
LOUD NOISES

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

She want red wine at dinner,
Bitch, you getting Red Vines and Twizzlers.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

So my wife, a few weeks ago, had my phone for some reason and said, "Uh... backdoor sluts five just sent you a snapchat?"

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Herbal Clean? What, funneling a bunch of Lemon Fresh up the rear end and poo poo it back out in a cloud of bubbles, enema poo poo and smuggery?

Safety Dance posted:

So my wife, a few weeks ago, had my phone for some reason and said, "Uh... backdoor sluts five just sent you a snapchat?"

NOW you're talking about a party.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

This semester owns already. I'll have a question about ladder logic and this one dude at work immediately knows the answer. I'll have another question about THE GRID and this dude that sits right next to me at work is a GRID MASTA.

It's super weird how two seemingly divergent paths (random rear end EE masters degree and ME job) ended up converging after all.

Also HOLY poo poo turns out my school does corporate-sponsored docs and the power engineer professor owns enough for me to want to do some work there. The grid is ripe for research and I betcha I can convince someone at this power company to sponsor my poo poo if I can find something that'll benefit them enough...

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Safety Dance posted:

:boom: Glad I could make an awkward moment for you

New heat pump installed then it wouldn't stop heating the house. Looks like when the old one cooked itself it also shorted out the Nest base station. Nest support is awesome and a new one will be here in a couple days.

Jeherrin
Jun 7, 2012
The chat thread is where the married-couple bickering comes out. It's almost heartwarming!

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

two years after getting married i still argue with stranger online far more often than i do my wife

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Ever ran a master cylinder dry while bleeding the brakes? I did it twice!

gently caress tiny reservoirs in the rear end :colbert:

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
Yeah, re-re-bleeding master cylinders because of a silly mistake like that loving sucks.

Tomarse
Mar 7, 2001

Grr

Safety Dance posted:

Might be that someone found an exploit for your web frontend that allows arbitrary code execution or something. That's still a potential attack vector.

looks like it might have just been 'hacked' because the root account was enabled and had a default password and someone found my SSH port.

I am a linux beginner (I pretty much solely work with Windows stuff) and had assumed that the root account was disabled for any sort of interactive logon (raspbian makes you use a 'pi' account) - but when I restored my backup from around Christmas I could see a previous logon by root from a few days earlier on a remote IP - and could ssh to it myself as root and it has a generic default password.

I am now reinstalling it and shall take note of the lessons I have learnt this time and shall move any NAT rules onto more random ports, and enable SSH key based auth (and sort out the root account!).

Amusingly, I spend far too much time at work hacking windows devices (often using default passwords which are not strong in education systems!) and one of my jobs for the next few weeks is to finish writing a script that attempts to brute force passwords on all the windows servers, various common windows services and switches inside the corporate network of one of my clients (with permission!)

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Damnit. Of course I file my taxes, then a surprise tax form for stocks shows up.

I didn't even know I owned any stock, apparently I was part of an employee stock purchase plan at Walmart.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Can you hack our campus security please? I feel ours is lacking and the people in charge need a kick up the arse about it considering we have some 25000 students...

*edit @tomarse

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

leica posted:

just get me drunk and point me in the right direction

slurry_curry
Nov 26, 2003
<3mini-moni+animu^_^

holyshit, its February already. Which means I am less than 4 weeks from my wedding. My shirt showed up today, wedding bands have been purchased, venue/food/dj is all set. I think we might actually have our poo poo together for this. Now to just get the wedding out of the way so we can go to the Dominican Republic for they honeymoon.

Now that I think back on it, I am pretty sure I originally got the name of the resort we are going to for our honeymoon from someone in one of the old chat threads. We are staying at Barceló Bávaro Palace Deluxe, which is supposed to be nice. Ended up booking a huge suite through a black friday deal that made it pretty drat cheap. I have never done the whole all inclusive resort, so I am excited to see what its like.

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

~ the ultimate driving machine ~

Adiabatic posted:

just get me drunk and point me in the right direction

lol

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

The dealership quoted $500 to replace my front brake pads today.:lol:

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Tomarse posted:

looks like it might have just been 'hacked' because the root account was enabled and had a default password and someone found my SSH port.

I am a linux beginner (I pretty much solely work with Windows stuff) and had assumed that the root account was disabled for any sort of interactive logon (raspbian makes you use a 'pi' account) - but when I restored my backup from around Christmas I could see a previous logon by root from a few days earlier on a remote IP - and could ssh to it myself as root and it has a generic default password.

I am now reinstalling it and shall take note of the lessons I have learnt this time and shall move any NAT rules onto more random ports, and enable SSH key based auth (and sort out the root account!).

Amusingly, I spend far too much time at work hacking windows devices (often using default passwords which are not strong in education systems!) and one of my jobs for the next few weeks is to finish writing a script that attempts to brute force passwords on all the windows servers, various common windows services and switches inside the corporate network of one of my clients (with permission!)

Scanning every port on every IPv4 address on the internet becomes an entirely tractable problem when you have gigantic botnets doing it for you. Changing the root password or removing password authentication and going key-only is going to be the most bang for your buck, security-wise.

Damnit. Of course I file my taxes, then a surprise tax form for stocks shows up.

I didn't even know I owned any stock, apparently I was part of an employee stock purchase plan at Walmart.

Fuuuuck that's the worst.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

leica posted:

Ever ran a master cylinder dry while bleeding the brakes? I did it twice!

Dude, don't you have a kid? I'm pretty sure that's what they're for.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

A bunch of priests got in trouble for that; I don't think leica's going to get away scott free.

And it doesn't even solve the brake reservoir problem.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And X-Files opens up with two tweakers on the woods huffing gold spray paint. Love it.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

quote:

gently caress tiny reservoirs in the rear end

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

He's not a catholic priest

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

Safety Dance posted:

A bunch of priests got in trouble for that; I don't think leica's going to get away scott free.

And it doesn't even solve the brake reservoir problem.

:stare:

That didn't go where I intended.

Edit: I kinda put that one over the plate, didn't I?

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

:stare:

That didn't go where I intended.

Edit: I kinda put that one over the plate, didn't I?

Better keep it under if you don't want to get caught.

What's the best way to bleed brakes by yourself? Time to change the fluid in mine since it's at least 225k miles old :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

Yeah, he was in school though when I was trying to get it done. Did it the first time and was pissed, then when I finally got all the air out (and there was a lot of air) I was on the last caliper and heard a giant sucking sound from the master and was like FUUUUUUUUUUCK. On the bright side the lines are loving flushed well I guess :v:

QuarkMartial posted:

What's the best way to bleed brakes by yourself? Time to change the fluid in mine since it's at least 225k miles old :v:

Invest in a Mighty Vac.

[e] And preferably a camera to watch the loving reservoir.

Applebees Appetizer fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Feb 2, 2016

• Locked thread