Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
God DAMMIT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
I don't understand fantasy football at all.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

The Royal Nonesuch posted:

An actual, real, first-time-ever-I-have-understood explanation of Fantasy Football

Okay, this is awesome. So, in a nutshell, we are captains for our dodgeball team and pick players from whatever team we want determined by the Mario-Party-esque random picking order. Then each dodgeball captain gets points for a "game" based on how their picks played in real life. Then it's my points against whoever the computer decided I would be matched up against for that weekend, so my fantasy "team" (points) is versus their team (points).

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

The Locator posted:

Hello thread, and hello storm out of nowhere. 30 minutes ago I got back from buying milk, and it was slightly breezy and clear. Now it's pouring rain and sounds like the wind is trying to tear the roof off. The nearest weather station is about 3 miles away and says 40mph winds, which isn't terrible, but it's pretty windy for the Phoenix area.

Hey, I went out to buy milk (for spaghetti sauce) tonight, and it rained even though no butts were out. And my poo poo was blowin' all around. 'sup Phoenix random storm buddy :respek:

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uhw2MaIx1-E
(2:09)

Ton of rain right now. Power has flickered once. I braved the storm to go move the bus out from under the tree in the parking lot. The last two times it stormed, big branches fell from the tree.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Tusen Takk posted:

As predicted, it doesn't look like the kids are coming out to the polls

Or they're taking their sweet time

That's because Trump is insane, Hillary is a robot, and is a scam. Nobody cares.

"We elected him as a joke!"

Also, I tried listening to the Grateful Dead for the first time today, while cutting keys and cleaning the house. Figured it was my duty as a bus owner.

Verdict? Good pot music, I guess? Not my jam, but I don't hate it.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

the spyder posted:

Randomly watching youtube and found a fellow who reviews/tears down random cheap chinese electronics. Neat enough, until I came to this video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wR6g38Pxwog

:catstare:

Big Clive is one of my daily watches. Love that guy.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Last three sets of tires I bought from either Discount Tire/Tirerack or Sears direct from ebay. For my subaru, then the beetle, then the bus. no issues.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

stevobob posted:

Gordon Ramsay shows how to make hella small onion diddlies with minimal effort
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCGS067s0zo

Do people not already do this? Best way to cut onions.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

MrChips posted:

"I just cheat and use my mandoline," he said, shrugging, the six and a half fingers left on his hands lending credence to his tale.

I lost the tip of two fingers to a mandoline.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
I keep buying this guy's stuff. I know it seems a bit expensive, but compared to raw prices for the ABS sheets he's having to buy, plus the time lost for patterning and cutting, it's actually a pretty okay deal. I'm loving addicted. This piece plus another one will mark the completion of the "structural interior trim," as I want to call it, for the bus. From here on out it will be stuff like building the bed, figuring out how to mount the bench backwards, etc. I'm super stoked.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Raluek posted:

And, for the love of whatever you find holy, do not use a pull-through knife sharpener.

Get a Spiderco Sharpmaker.

Or, a real stone. Or, set of stones, for like $25. It's what I use, mainly the "fine" block. Add some 3-in-1 oil and you're good to go. My cheapass walmart knives from a decade ago live on!

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

iwentdoodie posted:

As dumb as FL is, I've met more batshit loony right wing people in CA than I ever did in TX or FL.

Well, like 1/8th the US population lives in California, so there may be some sample size bias.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Tusen Takk posted:

Idk I strongly feel that shaming does wonders

Look how good I turned out :v:

I browse reddit.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Previa_fun posted:

If you like vidya games and smashing poo poo together this is your reminder to get BeamNG drive.

https://youtu.be/jCbz4gqJgYg

:smug:

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
I also love my unifi

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
The arcade geek in me sympathizes. Also I wish the blue OLED degradation wasn't a thing so OLEDs could take over the planet, but alas.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Wait, does this mean that my '73 bus that passes state emissions (but has had the intake modified by the PO) is no longer legal and needs original equipment?

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

jamal posted:

I thought laws against modifying or removing emissions equipment already exist.

Only in certain states, yeah? From what I gather, the '73 bus had an air pump and a single intake to dual carbs, but they were both crap and are NLA.

I mean, in some states, all you need is a VIN plate and a vaguely-car-shaped lump to register. This is federal, though, right?

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Unironically.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Put an alligator clip between the two on the bare case back of each. If the hum is gone, it's a ground issue.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Polk audio is my favorite, but mid-tier Kenwood is my go-to.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Great Beer posted:

You guys, Deadpool was so good.

Just got back from the 2130 showing in Phoenix. I can agree. It was the best Marvel movie since the first Iron Man.

E: Gonna install these in the bus tomorrow. No sub or amp (yet) like the beetle, but I'm looking forward to real music again.

Queen_Combat fucked around with this message at 08:40 on Feb 14, 2016

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Better than Star Wars

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Yesterday we saw Deadpool and ate at a Chinese buffet. Today was all working on the bus while she enjoyed watching a few movies. V-day is also her B-day so we celebrate the day before, usually.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
I liked the new star wars, but deadpool was way better. And it's kind of sad that a superhero movie was better than star wars, that's all I was saying.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

iwentdoodie posted:

We're going at some point this afternoon. Wife has to get an eye exam and new contacts first.

I asked if it was just so she could see RR in all his glory and she refused to answer.

Uh, glory? He looks like an avocado hosed an older, uglier avocado.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Magnesium is very poorly absorbed by the GI tract. This is one case where taking a multivitamin (or two for the first day) may help. They normally don't do poo poo for most people, but they don't hurt.

Make sure you choose one with little or no selenium/vitamin E if you're going to try. That's something you do not want too much of. Everything else just generally makes your pee smell weird.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

CharlesM posted:

Get Sprint, my phone time was always accurate with them. Mine with AT&T is always slow. I think it has something to do with GSM. You should probably own an actual clock or something though.

I have Sprint, and have for years. It doesn't work well in downtown Phoenix (??) and is generally poo poo unless I'm in the boonies then I get like 5 bars 4G LTE in the middle of backwater Idaho or Florence AZ or whatever. Weird.

Would not buy again C----/

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

ExplodingSims posted:

Sometimes its the little touches that elevate a game from good to great.

What gaaaaaaame?

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
gently caress YES Autopagerize works for SA again!

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Found some really old spray paint.

Wikilogo says they last used this logo in 1981

Which makes sense, since the can says 1979

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

This is awesome. Is there still paint? Does the marble still move?

I just went out to test it. Both marbles came loose after a bit of shaking, and both paint, though the black one only paints when you're holding the can upside-down.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

88h88 posted:

Agreed, Gravity Falls is superb.

Not emptyquoting, but yes

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
I enjoy it, but I'm also waiting for it to finish. I hate waiting week to week.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Eew. Compressed air is full of bitterants.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Using a lathe that you're currently building to finish building the same lathe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCt3LooUVsQ

are you a goddamned wizard

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Climate change is real, everyone.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Tomarse posted:

I am still in mourning for the creme egg :(

WHAT HAPPENED TO THE CREME EGG!?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
I haven't had one for awhile, but I remember them being goopy and big and delicious. I grew up on them.

• Locked thread