Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Enourmo posted:

seriously though is the pro bowl a thing people actually care about? i thought it was just fantasy football played as an actual game

People stopped caring when they moved it to before the Super Bowl.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Cage posted:

I think its Rhyno that owes $20k or so to the IRS.

$16K.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Tusen Takk posted:

holy poo poo :rip: Rhyno, may you eternally stick it to the man

I have no doubt this can be cleared up for a small percentage of that total. I thought it had been but I guess my non filed return from last year hosed things up if I'm reading the paperwork correctly. I figure in the end I will pay under $3K in total due taxes and penalties, it's just a matter of making certain my returns are properly filed this time (already done).

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
It's cheaper to keep your kid home from school and have him pump the brakes than it is to buy a MightyVac.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Tusen Takk posted:

As predicted, it doesn't look like the kids are coming out to the polls

Or they're taking their sweet time

The youth of America don't give a gently caress.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

literally a fish posted:

they're US$41 with Prime shipping

Yes this isn't the big fancy compressed air powered one that can probably bleed eight cars a minute or some poo poo, but it does a perfectly good job with just a few squeezes of the vac pump

E: Even one of the vacuum powered ones is like $75

Keeping your kid home for the day costs nothing and you reap the benefit of awesome dad/son time.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
What I am most terrified of from this forthcoming election is if Cruz or Trump gets the nom and then loses, the ensuing shitstorm where they refuse to accept the results from the polls will be just as bad as if either wins.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Ugh. Trying to book a hotel in Chicago for late next month and the quotes for parking are reminding me why I hate that city so much.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Safety Dance posted:

Oh my god these loving cats have to be up my rear end 24/7 when I'm working from home, which is always.

Where are you staying? Just find a residential street nearby that doesn't require a parking permit and cram your car there. Move it on street-cleaning day. Let me know if you want sneaky recommendations.

We ended up finding a hotel 1.1 miles from McCormack that accepted my Dad's reward points. Two nights for $190 with free parking!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Tusen Takk posted:

cage had been on point with the dry yet scathing burns as well

I know some sick Yo Mama jokes.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Mat_Drinks posted:

I think it was Rhyno that first posted this, but I feel like it is still my preferred response to anything Reddit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOqb_UzJSUQ

I believe I reposted it from another AIer who shared it on Facebook but I will totally take the credit.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Previa_fun posted:

I have an affinity for cheap canned meat despite how bad I know it is for you. Spam, sardines, canned shredded chicken, etc.

Underwood's roast beef spread plus some sharp rear end cheddar makes a drat good lunch sandwich even if it looks like cat food. :v:

I can't get through a work day without a Cup Noodles and that poo poo is borderline toxic.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Safety Dance posted:

What the hell _is_ Cars and Coffee? I only ever hear about in with regard to people smashing their mildly expensive poo poo into solid objects / other people's cars.

It started as an enthusiast gathering, usually in the parking lots of coffee shops. Now it's overrun with assholes and douchebags who want to show off and rub their car in everyone's faces. And there's a splinter group that didn't like the "don't be an rear end in a top hat" guidelines called "Caffeine and Octanes" or some other retarded variations where being oval office is encouraged.

Also this game sucks and the commercials have all been poo poo so far.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

ilkhan posted:

There have been a couple good commercials already.

Movie trailers don't count.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Yeah, eat a dick Toyota, still not buying a Prius.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Super Aggro Crag posted:

Lol Cam Newton done hosed up. Maybe that will humble him.

Not likely.

This was the most boring SB I've ever watched and I've sat through them all since 1997.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

LloydDobler posted:

Whoop Denver wins! Finally redeemed after that last super bowl showing where they threw it past the QB on the opening snap and Seattle ended up spanking us by 40 points or so.

They shut down downtown to prevent rioting. There was 1 couch on fire as of the last time I checked a news site. hehe.

I enjoy poking fun at Colts fans who seem to think Manning is still their QB and some dude I don't even know threatened to kill me in a very public post before deleting it. So now I'm harassing him via PMs telling him i screen capped it and am going to the cops and he's having a meltdown.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
American Football is awesome. The commercialized beast that comes with it is not awesome.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Ferremit posted:

This is certainly a blast from the 90's

I cant remember the last time that the liters went up faster than the dollars on a fuel pump! 18 months ago i was standing at Mt Dare Hotel pumping fuel that cost me $2.50 a litre!

I filled up for $1.92 a gallon for premium the other night, officially the cheapest I have paid for fuel in the 5 years of owning the MS6. And yesterday it was down to $1.87 in some places. The first fill up I maid was over $4 per gallon and in my fuel log there were a few pushing $5 a gallon. I like this alternate universe we've landed in, can we stay here a while?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

meatpimp posted:

Don't think we won't pay for this in the future, though.

Oh I have no doubt. But I'd be totally fine with this last the length of the year. Usually I don't bother being choosy when there's only a nickle difference but gas is literally half the price it was when I bought the guzzler, That's $25 per fill up I can toss at other things that need to be paid off.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Tusen Takk posted:

The best part of this whole oil thing is that Russia's economy could collapse at any second, causing massive instability in a country with nuclear weapons and an already extremely jingoistic zeitgeist

what could possibly go wrong?!

Oh come on, when in the history of the world has Russia ever had an unstable economy?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Tusen Takk posted:

I hope that when the bombs start dropping, they land right on my house while I'm sleeping next to my wife so I don't have to deal with the apocalypse

One of my friend's dad is a d-day prepper, I'm just going to his house when poo poo goes down.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Safety Dance posted:

So, you Michiganders gettin' in all the buttsex you can while it's still legal?

It's pretty clear that the lawmakers in Michigan think that gay men can only have sex via butt penetration.

So I tried to buy a 1990 Festiva L today. Dude saw one of my posts in a FB group and hit me up. 140K miles, 5 speed, no visible rust (so he said, no pictures). He offered it up for $400 but I could not make the 90 minute drive today and he got super lovely when I asked him to meet me Thursday and would it be possible for him to meet me like halfway? He shot a bunch of profanity at me and hasn't responded since.

I just want CHEAP car you guys.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

mariooncrack posted:

Aren't you out of space for cars?

Like that's ever stopped me before.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Any wheel painting tips? I'm tired of plast-dipping my wheels every year and the white dip is a bitch to keep clean. I'd rather have something I can just hose off.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Dad sold his Golf the other day for way less than he wanted to but he really just wanted it gone. And since he felt bad about all the work I put into selling it he just sent me a chunk of cash from the sale!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

keykey posted:

A person I work with has a "feel the Bern" sticker on her honda. It's been stolen 2 times in the last 3 months. Everybody gives her poo poo for getting pissed off on grounds that she needs to check her white privilege since her wealth is simply being redistributed to the less fortunate. She doesn't think it's amusing.

During Obama's first campaign there were daily reports of vandalized cars and the common factor ended up being "Change" stickers.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Indiana.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
There are few things more satisfying than watching someone have a meltdown when they find out that paying $865 for new brake pads and rotors was in fact not a good deal.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

What the gently caress? :stare: I have a really nice bridge if your friend is looking to buy one.

His story is "My brakes went out. Turned out I needed new rotors, pads, a brake line, wheel cylinders and tie rod ends."

It's a local garage known for being shady, I'm sure they could have kept adding poo poo to the bill and he would've been like "OKAY YES MORE PLEASE."

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

meatpimp posted:

And how many of those parts did they actually replace?

I'd wager half to none. Now he's getting lovely and defensive claiming be "did his homework" before he paid them.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
So we went out for dinner tonight since I couldn't get off work for V-Day. Went to an upscale Japanese steakhouse that we like and had amazing food. The tables are u-shaped around the grill so the guy throws your food at you as it's done? You know the type?

So anyways, we sit next to this couple and their clearly a shut-in nerdy as gently caress son and they're celebrating his 27th year of being a weird creep and he starts trying to take a selfie and get my girlfriend in the frame. It was weird as gently caress. Like was he trying to instagram it and be like "here's this hot chick i'm totally not on a date with!" It got so uncomfortable we had to switch seats and then he got up and went and sat at the bar for the rest of the time we were there.

Awkward as gently caress.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Somewhat Heroic posted:

Jokes on you Rhyno that wasn't getting gram'd it was definitely going in the wank bank for later.

Probably. To make it even weirder his parents stayed at the table and said nothing so he probably does this poo poo all the time.

Anyways, I think this video was linked but taken off Youtube earlier this week. More idiots at Cars & Coffee

http://speedsociety.com/mustang-does-burnout-in-front-of-cops-wrecks-busted

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

BrokenKnucklez posted:

Finally saw Episode 7. It was loving horrible, I would even say that episode 1 was far better than 7. And episode 1 was a loving joke. 1 was a joke, 2 was decent, it just had to set so much up for episode 3 though, which episode 3 was pretty awesome in terms of tying together every thing.

Also, the villains in episode 7 were loving AWFUL. Semi spoilers below. I figured every one who has wanted to see it has seen it by now.

By far this scares me a lot loving more than this . at least the Grand Moff Tarkin would strike the fear in you, the other guy is a loving child.

You should go check out the discussions in CD where goons try to convince themselves that Daisy Ridley is a good actress and deserves some manner of award for her performance in TFA.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
We did our nice dinner on Wednesday, so tonight we just had cheap steaks and now I'm suffering through the Bachelor.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Safety Dance posted:

My wife and I saw Deadpool (yes, it's amazing) earlier today, and we're ordering Chinese food and watching something on Netflix tonight. I think I have her convinced that Chinese food and a movie in is so much better than going out on holidays.

This was the first Christmas in 6 years that I didn't get Chinese food.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Watching 30 For 30: the 85 Bears.

Why can't football be like this again?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Ether Frenzy posted:

Because instead of there being 50 great players and 750 moonlighting bartenders in the league like in the mid 80's, there's now 800 guys who can run a 4.5 40 or better.

25 of the league's 50 were on that Bears team that year.

Like I said, why can't it be like that again? It was a better game.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I just deep fried two diced chicken breasts, slathered them in hot sauce and ate them. I have two more and I think I'm gonna eat them too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

blk posted:

Isn't Deadpool supposed to be an underdog superhero?

Ryan Reynolds gets to go home every night and gently caress Blake Lively; how is that underdog?

And he got to grab Moreena Baccarin's tits. I wonder how many takes that scene had.

• Locked thread