Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
I think its Rhyno that owes $20k or so to the IRS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Adiabatic posted:

Anyone live in or used to live in Buffalo? I'm gonna be there for a week in March and need poo poo to do.
What up. Did you also post that on facebook a week ago?

We have beer and chicken wings and thats about it.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Adiabatic posted:

Nope.

Neat thanks. Any recommendations for either?
Anchor Bar was the "original" buffalo wing, Duffs was voted the best buffalo wing last year. Either would be good.

I'd be down for a drink or something if you want to meet up.

We just had two 50 degree days so all of our snow is gone at the moment.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
So what happened after you complained?

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Your avatar? Yeah not a good example.

Everyone gets called a oval office sooner or later in AI. Mine happened a few weeks ago on fb:ai. Plus corn couldn't have set me up any better.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Ozmiander posted:

Yes, but it wasn't actually funny. You might as well have used a "your momma" joke, lol.
Sorry but :thurman: says otherwise. :smug:

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Darchangel posted:

Out with my wife on Saturday, we saw a '79 trans Am, in silver, with T-tops, and of course he had the T-tops off. Who wouldn't?It was in great shape, too.

Which reminds me, I just started playing GTA V, and I've spent half the time I've been playing it just gawking at the cars and identifying what they were going for.
Franklin's car is a new Charger, of course. I've spotted the '66 GTO, late '60s El Camino, early Jeep Grand Cherokee, Chevy Express van, Dodge van, early Camaro, third-gen Camaro, ;70 Cutlass 9I own one, so the taillights sort of screamed out to me), BMW E46 (I think), Bently Continental Coupe (jacked one already), early T-bird, '57 Chevy (with '58 headlights, apparently), Dodge Ram pickup ('90s-'00s), Volvo wagon (Vulcan Ingot - fuckin' perfect! Ingot = brick, get it?), and parked right behind my house at the car wash - mother-fuckin' Pacer, Homes. Oh, FWD late '80s - early '90s Buick was recognizable. various generic small sedans. Oh, late model Civic coupe, I think. Ford GT. The Toyota FJ Cruiser you repo from Michael's kid. I think I saw a Land Rover LR-whatever. They do a pretty good job of evoking certain makes and models without incurring copyright. It also seems every time I see one of a particular car, there's a whole herd for a short period. They definitely go upscale as you move into the better neighborhoods.

It's gangs of fun just driving around! Stayed up way too late last night just doing that and watching the TV shows.
I have way too much fun playing car dress up in that game. I have about 30 cars all modified to be :krad:

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Darchangel posted:

I haven't even gotten to that point yet (no dinero - I've only just met Michael, and still doing stupid jobs with Lamar.) I did look at all the options at the custom shop when getting Michael's wife's Beemer fixed, though. I'm going to enjoy this. Had a lot of fun playing with that stuff in Saint's Row 3, and this is prettier.
I did gank one of the GTOs. If I spot a Cutlass parked, it's mine. Do I actually have to stick it in the garage, or just the driveway? I'm running out of back yard to park cars. :) Oh, I did park an El Camino in Michael's garage (as him).
Actually I've only played about 10 minutes of single player so Im not sure, I do the car collecting in online. Pretty sure you always have to be parked inside a garage but I may be wrong.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Darchangel posted:

But, just park it inside the garage once, then it's yours? I'll look it up. I assume you get a bigger garage at some point.
I've got a group of friends who play GTA Online, which is the primary reason I bough it when it went on a Deals with Gold special for $40. They promise that I can have plenty of cash pretty quick if I join their heists. Same guys I play Battlefield with, so hopefully their heists go better than Lamar's.
Im not sure if its the exact same in SP, but in online you can grab random cars and throw them in your garage as long as it isn't a high end car. Roughly anything above a sports car, I think is considered high end. If you blow it up it wont auto respawn like the characters cars, you have to take it to a pay n spray and purchase a tracker and insurance for it.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
You guys are weird with your bickering. I dont have any feelings about corn, he just couldn't have set me up any better. Post about cars and post pictures of cars and a good time is had.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Slavvy posted:

I am now two days weed free and the constant state of existential dread and stressed out worry are threatening to make me change my mind about this whole clean living thing.
I'm like 3 days without and I'm doing okay. Went to the gym yesterday, took me a while to finally manage to go after putting my workout clothes on but I felt a lot better afterwards. Its been like 5 years since I took a break longer than 2 weeks. I dont even want to imagine all the money I threw away on it, and time wasted being unproductive as hell.

Weed is cool and good for a lot of reasons and a lot of people but for me it turns me into a lazy slug with a bottomless stomach. It fuzzes up my brain and I stop worrying about how Im a fatty who hasn't had a date in 6 years and I just play video games and eat food and remain antisocial. Its something that would be cool a few weekends a year, but for my personality I cant really function with it every day.

You can do it man. Don't know what your situation is but if you really want to quit I hope you stick to it.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Darchangel posted:

This and other mods make me wish I had a decently-beefy PC to play the Windows version, rather than the XBONE I have.

Last night, I spent like 3 hours not advancing the story in GTA V. I hopped in a Chevy Volt clone (which is weird driving - no engine noise, so just the crunch of the tires on whatever surface, and a little whining) and drove it down the train tracks (I wanted to see where they went, and there was a cool tunnel where the train dipped below street level, in the middle of the street) all the way out into the desert, where I found a hippie community and, er, borrowed a VW bus, then found an open pit mine with a giant dump truck in the bottom, so I drove that out an on to the highway. I accidentally ran over a truck at a stop sign, which pissed the cops off, but they couldn't really do anything because giant dump truck. They kept trying to block and PIT me, and I kept just running over their cars, until I managed to find myself on a pile of 4 burning cop cars, which caught my left side tires on fire. The front one blew, then the rear one went, which somehow killed me. Revived at a podunk medical center, I stole a work pickup until I found a Baja Beetle, which I then spent the next hour bouncing around the mountains. When I finally got back to a town, I switched to a sweet '70s station wagon, and headed back to Los Santos, where I finally hooked up with the other player character and made a little progress in the story.

It's so relaxing to just go wander around the gamespace. There was even a nice rain storm while I was out in the desert.
I've got to make some dough and buy a garage so I can keep these nifty cars...
Make sure you play the game around christmas/new years next year. Dont know if you missed it but in the online version they covered the entire city in snow, and it was a blast to drive around in.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Finished up day 2 in a row at the gym. They're baby steps, but steps nonetheless. Going to be annoying and post about it here because I don't like posting that stuff on fb, and when you guys notice me not posting about it you can make fun of me.

Current weight: a big lol of 322

Goal is 250 or hopefully less by my birthday, Nov 10. Last time I was serious about losing weight I started at 380 and lost 140 pounds. 120 of which was in only 12 months.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
I really liked all the scions. They were priced too high for their demographic though.

Ozmiander posted:

Welp, i just realized why the radio in my car sucks. Apparently i have a POWERED antenna in the car which didn't get connected when i wired it up. Dumb.
Did you think you had a hidden antenna or something?

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
I was looking at renting a challenger r/t for my father sometime this summer. When he got out of vietnam the first thing he spent his money on was a plum crazy challenger which unfortunately he no longer has and theres a local place that rents it out for $149/day as long as its Mon-Thurs. Hes battled 2 cancers over the past five years, just had both of knees replaced and he deserves a little slice of his youth for a few days.

Not sure if I want to do a 3 day M-Th rental ($450) or a 2 day weekend rental ($490).

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Well its not like I'm not gonna take it for a little test drive too. :v:

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

BraveUlysses posted:

Is he retired? If not, I'd say weekend and take the car out of town on a weekend getaway.

88h88 posted:

If he's retired and such, a 3 day cruise while everyone else is at work would be pretty nice. Plenty of time to get poo poo done, tootle wherever...

I got my dad some track time at Goodwood in an E-type, DB4 and a Lotus Cortina for his last birthday, absolutely loved it so no doubt your old man will be thrilled. You should go with him too, it'd be cool as gently caress.
Unfortunately he isn't retired, so yeah I might just spring for the weekend unless I find out if hes taking a weeks vacation this summer. Thanks!

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

mariooncrack posted:

Are you my long lost sibling? My dad was in Vietnam, had a double knee and hip replacement, and battled cancer. He loves it when I take him out in the miata. Do your, sooner rather than later.
I took him to the drag strip last summer. First time hes ever been on a track inside a car, so Im glad I got to give him that opportunity. :3: Even though I lost.

Dads are cool.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Makes sense.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Thats the scammiest scam that ever scammed people out of money. He also sells bridge insurance.

http://do-not-call.site/1-866-569-4230/8665694230
http://whatupag.com/phone-number/8665694230

Cage fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Feb 4, 2016

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Christine Brinkley is 62????? Holy poo poo even with the surgery how the gently caress can she still be so hot?
Susan Sarandon is 69 and hell if I wouldn't give that a shot.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

88h88 posted:

Twice my age. Still would.
Shes more than twice my age. :would:

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
While we're in creeper mode you should all go google image search her daughter, Eva Amurri.

She...has her mothers assets.

edit: and is 30 just fyi

Cage fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Feb 5, 2016

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Reddit is a bad internet website.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
So this happened this weekend:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UgqmKfZ75R8

Look familiar?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqBwatj4r7w

That cars & coffee has to be getting shut down.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

You Am I posted:

Sadly the video has been pulled off Youtube
It was another mustang burning out with too much overcorrection and he jumped a curb.

Heres a jalop link with a gif: http://jalopnik.com/mustang-driver-joins-infamous-club-of-dumb-people-who-w-1757529205

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Snickers commercial with Willem Dafoe was funny, dunno if that was new or not.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Google Voice also makes it easy to scam people because they have no way to find any information about you afterwards.

Got burned more than once on cl.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Down 6 lbs in seven days, 322 to 316. No doubt some of that is water weight but I've busted rear end in the gym 6 out of 7 days. Feels good, man.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Shot in the dark, Trinitron? I love those TVs. When I worked for a TV delivery company so many people were throwing them out because they were too heavy to do anything with, but they are awesome TVs.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Tusen Takk posted:

I first switched to a flatscreen from a CRT
CRTs can be flatscreen, you mean flatpanel. :eng101:

I know you know this, but I'm allowed to sperg since I used to work at an electronics store.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
I still remember the first time I saw a high def TV, just like I'm sure my parents could tell me the first time they saw a TV show in color.

It was a Sabres hockey game, and I instantly noticed how clear all the empty seats were. :v:

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Got rid of my spoiler, threw it on my dads car to see what it would look like.

Its a little small.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Working in an office environment owns bones. I've done the working outside bit and it sucks in a state with 4 seasons, imo. Though I might feel different if I wasn't allowed to just wear whatever and had to dress in a white button down every day. Got a union and a pension and lots of health insurance.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
I used to listen to the radio a hell of a lot more before I started driving a car with a V8 and nice exhaust.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Maybe just don't do a drug.

Super Aggro Crag posted:

Does this show up on piss tests?

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
I'm late all the time and I still have a job.

Makes u think...

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
My suv has been making some funky noises upon start up the last few days. I'm just glad it starts at all, even if it doesnt happen til the 3rd or 4th try.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Everyones too scared to take the last spot with a lil snow in it. Dude left like 10 feet between him and the curb. BEEP BEEP MAKE WAY SIDEWAYS PARKER.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

leica posted:

Trigger warning, jesus.

I do not miss that poo poo whatsoever.
We've actually had a pretty mild winter so far. Excuse the silly image, but most of our winter has looked like this. This was 7 days ago:

• Locked thread