Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Taxes finally filed. $1700 coming back. :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

bolind posted:

That must be, like, a pretty substantial bonus for you? Congrats!

Edit: Not trying to be condescending or anything, it was just that you mentioned previously that one goon's (Kastein?) tax payment was bigger than your income...

Fart Pipe, I think. And yeah, it's a huge bonus - my income was a bit higher than I expected, but still very, very low ($16k). The only reason I'm getting anything back is because I went to school last year, I'd be owing a (very small, less than $50) bit otherwise.

It's going to pay off a hospital bill, a few months worth of tolls, and bring my credit cards back down to a $0 balance - the hospital bill and the tolls are the only bills I'm late on at the moment. I've had to rely on credit cards entirely too much over the past couple of months, I finally have some decent income again - I'm averaging about $100/day with this job, in a 5 hour shift.

angryhampster posted:

I've got to finish up a couple things on ours, and that's about what we're expecting as well. Pretty happy with that number considering I posted a profit on the business this year.

I was sweating taxes on my 1099 income, but even before adding in my school expenses, I was owing less than $50 for the year - and that's without itemizing deductions, my mileage/tolls weren't enough to exceed the standard deduction.

I still haven't received a 1099 from Amazon, but I finally looked through my payment history from them yesterday - I received less than $600 from them, so they're not required to send one. :doh: Just threw it in as misc income, didn't make much difference in the end.

blk posted:

I've slept no more than 4 hours/night for the past week.

I'm pretty sure I'm going to die.

According to my Fitbit, I've been averaging about 4 hours a night in the past week. :sigh: Lots of tossing and turning.

I was so tired last night that I left work a little early (Sundays die early anyway though, and the last delivery took me way the gently caress out to Hackberry TX), came home, and went straight to bed. Still woke up at 3:00am, but just laid in bed until the sun started coming up. Doesn't help that I've been sick as hell for a bit over a week. What was weird is I remember waking up a few times and hallucinating my rear end off - usually I take benadryl or generic unisom (the doxylamine succinate version, not diphenhydramine) to knock me out, but I was so tired last night that I didn't bother. It was a bit disconcerting seeing squids running back into holes in the ceiling :byewhore:

Darchangel posted:

Weather was absolutely fantastic to be outdoors this weekend here in Dallas/Ft. Worth

Man you aren't kidding. So glad my car has a sunroof, I spent a lot of time in it over the weekend. But we'll probably have an insanely hot summer to make up for the extended autumn/no winter.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Played with the dog a little bit before I left for work. Just checked in with work to let them know I'm ready for orders, and looked down...

Shorts are covered in dog hair. Damnit. At least it'll be dark fairly soon, so people hopefully won't notice... much.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Damnit. Of course I file my taxes, then a surprise tax form for stocks shows up.

I didn't even know I owned any stock, apparently I was part of an employee stock purchase plan at Walmart.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

:stare:

That didn't go where I intended.

Edit: I kinda put that one over the plate, didn't I?

Dead. Center.

Safety Dance posted:

Fuuuuck that's the worst.

I honestly had no idea I even owned stock - I haven't worked for Walmart since 2014! Not even a full share either. I haven't gained/lost anything from it though, so hopefully the IRS doesn't care. Hell I'll probably have to pay to sell it.

edit: just looked at the form again now that I'm home. They sold it for $4.45 in March, for a profit of $0.03. :laffo:

Geirskogul posted:

That's because Trump is insane, Hillary is a robot, and is a scam. Nobody cares.

It's very much a "gently caress, I need to vote for the person who's going to do the least damage" election, even though the popular vote really doesn't count at the presidential level. :smith:

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 04:46 on Feb 2, 2016

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Raluek posted:

Can you get a lacrosse in a manual? I didn't think so, and wikipedia doesn't think so.

You could for a year or two. Definitely could on the 2014 model, with both the 4 and 6 cylinder.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

The fuzziness is part of why I've been smoking weed for drat near 20 years - my brain is way too active otherwise. It also helps with Tourette's, so that's a bonus for me.

Even with toking around once a day, I only have to buy it every few months, since I use very little (and use a small battery powered vape).

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

So I guess Subaru is buying into the dogs stereotype - just saw an ad for an Outback that prominently featured a dog, including said dog being in a pool. Didn't have a lesbian though.

Bah, when I was your age I smoked like money was no object. :corsair: That made me too drat lazy. And broke. And made it difficult to get a job.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Tide, sorry about your dog. :glomp: Wish I had more/better words.

Terrible Robot posted:

seconding mariooncrack, definitely wanna try and get that under control as fast as possible :ohdear:

anyone else remember that one goon that posted a thread about his blood pressure spiking so high it blew out his corneas and he lost his vision? I didn't even know that was a thing that could happen.

I know when my blood pressure was sky high, my vision would twitch with my pulse - so I can't say I'm surprised.

Mine's been as high as 230/180, I did not pass go, I went straight to the ICU with that one. Don't remember much of the 3 or 4 days I spent there, probably a good thing.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

MrChips posted:

Also I don't know if you realise it but literally every second you are alive, whether you are sleeping or not, you are relying on the government to take care of you, so that's the biggest, most immature crock of poo poo argument I've ever heard.

Nah, we don't need anything like public water, sewers, trash collection, streets, electricity, fire fighters, ambulances, police, etc.

Flint's a decent example of what happens when you try to cheap out on water. :downsgun:

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 04:49 on Feb 3, 2016

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Cakefool posted:

My parents swear by these things. They had a set of really good 50 year old knives I could have inherited then they started using a pull through every single time they take one out of the block. There's nothing left of most of them.

I'm the guy that's run knives through a dishwasher. :ohdear: Not anymore, mind you.

I have an low end set of Wusthof knives.... mom has the same knives, about the same age. Mine are far, far, far sharper than hers; hers has literal chunks taken out of the blades. I don't know how the hell she managed that. Cutting anything with hers is downright scary.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Ugh. First day working in almost a week. I was actually feeling downright human when I woke up.

... my last route of the night from Amazon had 7 stops. Two of them were large grocery orders, plus there was a nasty accident on 635 that added an easy 20 minutes to the trip. Which resulted in the last 2 orders being fairly late (scheduled for delivery between 8-10p, dropped off closer to 10:15), and getting chewed out by one customer. Of course I feel like death now, I want to curl up for at least a week and not move. My arms feel like wet noodles from the two large orders, both were to apartments (so I couldn't park anywhere close to where I was going) - I really need to get a folding cart of some kind.

SAC, glad your grandma got a nice room, hope she gets back home soon though.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

I need something 3 or 4 wheeled, unfortunately - the stuff I'm delivering for Amazon is packed up like this:

Doesn't really lend itself to being loaded on a hand truck, especially since some of the bags may have stuff like produce. I have absolutely no idea what's in the bags, unless it's an insulated bag. The insulated bags have a sealed paper bag inside them - with a block or two of dry ice if there's frozen stuff. I don't get a packing slip or anything, just a slip of paper that shows the suggested order that I drop everything off in and how many bags are in each order.

It does look like Magna Cart has something that might work though.

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 09:24 on Feb 5, 2016

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

whalesteak posted:

Would a folding wagon work? Mine is pretty light and folds down smaller than our stroller.

That would work, but those are also kinda pricey. I may wind up with one anyway though, it's a bit more useful (for me) than the one I first posted.

Cakefool posted:

Blocks of dry ice in your car? Keep the ventilation running please :ohdear:

I keep the climate control on fresh air + keep a window open a bit whenever that poo poo is in my car.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Well poo poo, maybe that's why I had a crushing migraine on my way back to the warehouse last night. :downsgun:

Guess I'll start tossing that poo poo in the trunk. And opening the windows a bit more. I figured the HVAC running on 2 (of 4) and set to fresh air would be enough.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Super Aggro Crag posted:

I used to get some script, I forget what, but it was a tiny rear end $30 10mg tablet that dissolved under my tongue and got rid of a migraine in like 10 minutes. And I'm talking migraines where you lose your vision and throw up when any light enters your room.

Possibly a beta blocker or triptan (probably Rizatriptan?). Beta blockers are dirt cheap and pretty drat good at getting rid of migraines, but I can't think of any that are sublingual.

You know what else helps migraines? :350:

How's your grandma doing?

KozmoNaut posted:

~20 seconds 0-60, baby.

So late 70s US muscle car territory!

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Well so much for sleeping in tomorrow - got a text from the market manager for Dining In asking if I could work a double tomorrow. I was already planning on going in early tomorrow since ~superbowl~, but she threw out an offer for a $25 gas card right off the bat.

I think I've talked myself into getting a second car - I've liked the Panthers for a long time, and a Town Car looks pretty attractive for a cruiser. Also for when I work for Amazon, since they keep giving me stupidly big orders that I can barely fit in the Saturn. Plus just something stupidly huge for cruising around in sounds like a good idea.

iwentdoodie posted:

Also, I just had groceries delivered for the first time ever. That feels loving weird.

Which company? I do (very very) occasional work for Shipt.

Tusen Takk posted:

for some reason General Motors/Saab thought it would be a fantastic idea to put the oil filter cartridge underneath the supercharger in my IRL so that you can barely get it out and if you can you've said more bad words than you really care to admit

I kinda like where the filter is, but then again, I don't have the supercharger on my Ion.

.... I think I'd rather have the supercharger though.

Tide posted:

All thing considered, close to $100,000 a year worth of salary and benefits.

He turned it down because he and his family would lose their welfare benefits.

Please tell me this is the ultimate troll post. If not, that guy needs an rear end beating for passing that up. I've received welfare benefits before, and currently make a little under 20k - you better believe I'd do some naughty things to get 80k. Or even 40k.

I qualify for food stamps and a subsidized phone, but I'd rather leave that stuff for people who need it more.

Truth be told I'll probably pull in closer to 35-40k this year between the 3 jobs I have now, but my actual income for 2015 was 16k. I could crank up 2 of the jobs significantly, but I like having 2 days off a week.

Super Aggro Crag posted:

Wow, Reddit sucks. I've always avoided it because I hate their forum layout. But with all my free time lately I started reading it. Didn't take me long to get banned. Bunch of pussies.

I... kinda like reddit. Though much like on SA, I limit myself to a handful of subforums.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

KozmoNaut posted:

Does anyone actually use Reddit for anything other than looking at naked ladies on r/gonewild?

I prefer r/gaybrosgonewild, thank you very much.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Come in for lunch, it's going to be crazy busy they said.

We'll even give you a $25 gas card, they said.

Welp, morning dispatcher was an hour late to work. Not that it would have mattered much, I've only had 3 orders since 11 (and somehow I'm already 2 cities away from home). Been sitting in my car for the past 30 minutes picking at a bowl I grabbed from Chipotle. At least it's a really nice day to be out!

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Goddamn today was slow.

And awkward. Several years ago a friend just dropped off the face of the earth - stopped talking to everyone, moved out of his house, etc - everyone just assumed the worst. Saw a familiar name on a delivery slip today, thought "eh, he moved out of that neighborhood years ago, and he has a really common name anyway". Nope, surprise surprise, he moved back into his old rental house. He was pretty surprised to see me (and I was surprised to see him). Didn't seem like he really wanted to reconnect, so small world I guess.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

As I predicted, healthcare.gov sent me a letter saying I haven't supplied enough proof of my income.

They have all of my tax documents, plus my tax return. I don't know what more I can possibly provide at this point, I've provided everything that I gave the IRS. It was enough for the IRS to send me a check for almost $1700. :colbert:

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Decently busy for a Monday. Not super busy, but not slow either. But one thing really caught me off guard...

every. single. order. was from On The Border - and as you can see, 3 of them at once at one point. Not the same location for every order I had tonight - split between two of them. But it got me hungry enough that I wound up going to On The Border after work to have dinner. :argh:

leica posted:

Yep, the Wega XBR, it was like looking through a window sometimes. Haven't seen anything close besides maybe the OLED tv's but they're way too expensive.

Yeah I'm using HDMI and I've had premium HD for awhile now. I set it up to the best possible parameters via rtings.com and it helped, but it still falls short. I know I'll get used to it so no biggie, the size trumps that worry.......Watched Jurassic Park on it and it was amazing :v:

Who is your TV provider? A lot of them compress the poo poo out of most channels, to the point that they actually look worse on a 1080p TV. U-Verse in particular is horrible about this.

What kinda TV did you get anyway? I'm going to be looking to get something a lot bigger sometime this year.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

There's a 32" Triniton listed on Craigslist. In the free section.

It's 15 minutes away and on the curb. It's kind of tempting. Except I don't have a crane to lift it...

e: woooo, massive packet loss that's making my internet almost unusable, TV is unwatchable because it keeps pixelating, and the home phone can't be used to call Time Warner poo poo to bitch (or, well, to call anyone, since it's through TWC - only has a dialtone sometimes, and when you try to make a call it just goes silent). :bravo:

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 09:10 on Feb 9, 2016

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

mariooncrack posted:

Can you use a nexus phone on either of those carriers? Through personal experience and watching my friends go through various android phones, get a nexus or don't bother. With all of the vulnerabilities found in android these days, at least you'll get a chance at getting them patched in a reasonable amount of time too.

Metro won't activate a Nexus phone without jumping through a lot of hoops; for some reason, half of their CSRs told me my phone was stolen when I tried to move to Metro. They have to manually add the IMEI to their system, and finding someone who will deviate from the script can be a pain.

leica posted:

Recccommmend me a good Android smartphone that I can use without a contract (Cricket, Metro) and won't poo poo the bed after a year. Features are nice but reliability is more important to me. Been looking at reviews and it seems like there's nothing available that doesn't have a good amount of bad reviews.

Moto X (2014 version is affordable and a lot of phone - brand new it's only $300 for the 16GB version), Nexus series. I'd recommend Cricket over Metro simply because Metro's CSRs don't know a phone from a gloryhole.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

$194 in back tolls paid, plus put $40 on my toll tag. :cripes:

That's after they knocked the tolls down from about $320 (tolltag rate vs pay by mail rate). That loving stings, but at least it's paid. Now I have to go through the statements and figure out which tolls were for work so I can write them off.

ilkhan posted:

Moto G (or E, for a REAL budget phone) plus t-mo pre-paid or att pre-paid.
Nexus 5X with google fi.

Cricket = AT&T Prepaid with lower rates (and an 8Mbit speed cap) - they're fully owned by AT&T.

Metro is also fully owned by T-Mobile, but T-Mobile prepaid is much, much easier to deal with (at the expense of slightly higher rates). Metro's data is also deprioritized over T-Mobile branded customers - doesn't mean much if you're in an area with lots of bandwidth, but if you're in a congested area your speeds go to barely usable in a hurry. Metro also ties the SIM to the phone, so you can't just swap your SIM to another phone without calling them (and convincing them that no, your phone is not stolen simply because the IMEI isn't in their database).

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Feb 9, 2016

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Welp, tried to polish the headlights on mom's car.

Thought they looked good until I hit them with compound. Turns out I didn't buff them enough... and had already thrown the buffing disc in the trash (and you do not want to reach into our outside trash can). :sigh: Looks like I'm going to get another polishing kit and try to fix my fuckup.

At least they actually light up the road now! (they just look terrible)

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Huh. Surprisingly, they're only $40/each on Rockauto, $51/ea on Amazon.

Bumper has to come off, which is a PITA, and they'll probably have to be aimed, but at least I won't be polishing them again in a few years.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Just got off the phone with healthcare.gov, was trying to find out why they didn't accept anything I'd submitted to prove my income (all my W2s, all my 1099s, a profit and loss log, my tax return, every pay stub I had from 2015, bank statements.....)

Turns out they want me to print everything, then write my SSN, DOB, and application ID on everything, then scan it and resubmit. :wtc: I thought the whole point behind being able to upload documents was to avoid this poo poo? I mean, the documents are kinda tied to my account, which has all of that loving info already. :fuckoff:

I'm so loving tempted to print everything, hand-write all of that info on every page as small as humanly possible (well over 150 pages if you factor in bank statements), and send it certified mail RRQ to them.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

:stare:

Rechargeable or alkaline? (my mouse uses plain AAs, which is why I ask..) If it's just a regular alkaline battery, I'd just leave it outside for a bit then chuck it in (outdoor) garbage. If it's rechargeable, uh, call whoever manufactured the mouse?

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Elmnt80 posted:

Its a rechargeable lithium battery. And I'm not going to bother razer over a 4 year old battery when it is pretty much a case of my own dumbness. I've left it with the charging cable plugged in since I didn't like the delay while using it wirelessly and I didn't yank the battery since I like having the weight of it in the mouse. Its just surprising to see how much it swelled in like a week, though I suspect its been doing it longer and is responsible for the battery cover breaking.

You know what's kinda funny?

My $25 wireless Logitech M510 has zero noticeable delay, even while gaming. Admittedly I don't play anything more modern than Counterstrike Source, but I've noticed zero difference compared to plenty of wired gaming mice. :iiam:

Admittedly I haven't used any remotely recent gaming stuff.

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 09:14 on Feb 10, 2016

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

That would make things too easy.

Also that would require spending money on Acrobat. (well there's always the :filez: option)

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

The lights on her car cleared up just fine, but it has visible swirls in the lenses now. :smith:

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

So uh... it's a good thing when you check your oil and there's just a tiny drop on the end of the dipstick, right? :stonkhat:

Either it's developed a sudden leak, or it's started burning a lot of oil. I checked it a couple of weeks ago and it was just a hair under the full mark. Yeah I know, I should check it more often, but I've only had to add one quart, once, between oil changes, so I wasn't really expecting the oil to drop like that. I have oil and filters, and it's been about 6000 miles, so I'm going to go ahead and change it a little early (and send a sample off to Blackstone).

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

I told myself I wasn't going to buy anything for myself with my tax refund - just pay off some bills. Then I cranked up the stereo in my car yesterday. :downsgun: Just made an order with Crutchfield for new front speakers. Affordable ones, at least (Polk coaxials). And I'm current on every single bill for the first time in about 6 months (and a zero balance on every credit card now), so $75 on new front speakers + adapters to tie them into factory wiring doesn't seem too terrible. Right?

Right?

:doh:

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Truth: I would lose my poo poo in less than a day if I didn't have music.

I gotta say, the factory (front) speakers actually sounded drat good (the rears are lovely full range speakers), they've just been cranked to 11 nonstop since I bought the car. Still sound decent, just want something with clearer highs. I'll likely swap the factory front speakers to the back and ditch the ripped full range speakers.

I wanted to go with components, but the cheapest remotely decent set is more than double what these coaxials cost. Not that these are great coaxials, but they'll be a decent upgrade. Next time will likely be some Focal components up front + moving the Polks to the back, though I'd like to find the OEM sail panels for the 6 speaker stereo so I can keep everything looking stock.

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 13:17 on Feb 11, 2016

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

An hour.. that's cute. :allears:

(a bit over 6 hours yesterday)

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Darchangel posted:

Sonic Electronics has the Polk db651s for $65.
I'm not sure what you consider "good", but they have Rockford Fosgate PRIME R165-S components for $65.
JBL GTO608C for $71.
Infinity Reference 6030cs for $107.

Huh. When did Precision Power become a budget brand? I remember when they were high end, at least for amps.
Oh, wow, Soundstream, too?
Is Hifonics any good any more? seems like half the brnads from when I was into Car Sereo in the '90s are budget (probably Chinese) brands now

I was shocked when I saw that with PP and Streamstream too. Maxxsonics owns Hifonics (along with Crunch, MB Quart, and Autotek), so I'd look at it as a budget brand now. I haven't had any complaints about my Crunch amp, but I know it's made in China, and know it doesn't put out anywhere remotely close to what it claims.

I actually got the non-shallow version of those Polks (DB651) nevermind I ordered the DXi651. It was :10bux: more through Crutchfield, but that's with shipping and with the adapter pigtails, and they don't charge sales tax in TX. Amazon only stocks the marine version and the shallow version, so that was out (plus they charge sales tax, which would have brought it up a bit more). I'd forgotten about Sonic, I'll probably do my next order through them. When I order components I plan to get something a bit higher end than the Reference or Prime line; I like how Infinitys sound, wasn't real happy with my last set of Fosgate speakers.

Thankfully I don't need a mounting kit for the speakers, and even the non-shallow speakers will fit - though I will need to drill a couple of holes since GM is a special snowflake with their mounting pattern. My sub is also a Polk (DXi 12", single voice coil), I've been very happy with it. It's held up to a shitload of abuse and just keeps on pounding.

meatpimp posted:

Now that I have some quiet time in the car, I find myself listening to NPR. It's weird.

I listen to my share of NPR, though it's often either via podcast or at home.

Cakefool posted:

Difference being you work from yours. If I had to do your work I'd buy an auto diesel S80 first day. So goddamned comfortable. Acceptable economy.

Volvo doesn't sell any passenger cars with a diesel here. Even if they did, I'd still prefer a manual.

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Feb 12, 2016

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

You know it's a good movie when the entire loving theater claps and laughs their asses off. :allears: Repeatedly.

Just got home from seeing Deadpool. loving awesome.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Well, my main issue with an automatic for work is I sit in traffic... a lot. I can modulate a clutch and time my shifts to where clutch wear is pretty minimal, whereas an automatic is going to be shifting between 1 and 2 constantly when I'm in traffic.

I mean yeah, my left leg is about double the size of my right leg from all the clutch work....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Welp, Amazon didn't schedule me next week, and I only work for Dining In on Fri-Mon. So I have 3 days to myself.

You know what that means? That means my happy rear end is going to Austin on Tuesday, and coming home Thursday night or Friday morning. I haven't been down there since 2009..

Now I just need to find a hotel somewhere in north Austin (or in the suburbs) that isn't super ghetto, but yet still affordable.

Maksimus54 posted:

And your right arm is double the size of your left from all the shifting too I suppose...

Yeah, we'll go with that. :wmwink:

Darchangel posted:

Geeze, MB Quart, too? They used to be high-end as well.

This has been useful to me - I'm pretty happy with the Bravox 5-1/4 seperates I liberated from my Jeep into the CV, but they are just 5-1/4s. Thinking about buying some 6-1/2s to put in there. Pity the Bravox's were a closeout thing. Fricking butyl rubber and Kevlar, and silk dome tweeters for under $75 or so when I got them from Parts Express. They have incredible bass for their size.
I'm thinking Polk or Infinity.

I had no idea about MB Quart until I ordered a set of MB Quart speakers a few years ago... and the box they showed up in was very much "bargain basement electronics packaging". They sounded "okay" for the price (I think I paid $80 for a set of 6.5" components), but nothing great.

IMO both Polk and Infinity sound great for their price point as long as you avoid their bottom tier stuff. Though I do have a set of Infinity Reference bookshelf speakers, but they're from the 90s (and still sound great). I don't really care about a lot of bass up front, since I have a sub, but a decent amount of midrange would be good.

• Locked thread