Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same
I just noticed that Bernie is sharing the pizza of prosperity with the black ladies who stormed his stage to yell at him. What a classy old freedom fighter. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RaceFat
Jul 12, 2004

gbaby posted:

TACO BELL TACO BELL CHRISTMAS!

(i'll have a)

The Ninth Layer posted:

You're the same guy that did among other things Alex's Guitar Island and the Win Virus 2000 videos right? The new stuff is great, bring back Alex!

yes, that's me! incredible that you remember those since they were made like 8-9 years ago. i really do hope to make videos with him again someday soon, but distance is a problem right now. at the very least, he IS making a video game that is really neat and i'm scoring it. he talked about making it for years and i never thought it would actually happen, and then suddenly he showed me a demo and i was like "wow, this is really cool and i wanna help!" it's loaded with humor and weird stuff, too. it's called DARK STARS and here are some links.

the concluded kickstarter page:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1687983700/dark-stars-a-tragic-anti-shmup-for-pc-and-smartpho/

and here's a playable demo he posted back in july:
https://steamcommunity.com/linkfilter/?url=https://www.dropbox.com/s/5xo9iu8g5vkh1d8/DarkStarsv010Demo.7z?dl=0

scott zoloft posted:

I just noticed that Bernie is sharing the pizza of prosperity with the black ladies who stormed his stage to yell at him. What a classy old freedom fighter. :)

he'll share his hot slices with anyone. :)

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company
I'm gonna be singing this Bernie Sanders song under my breath for at least a week. It is brilliant.

RaceFat
Jul 12, 2004

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

I'm gonna be singing this Bernie Sanders song under my breath for at least a week. It is brilliant.

thank you so much! hell, i hope you sing it under your breath for at least two weeks.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
Man these are real good I hope one day I am good enough at music to do stuff like this

RaceFat
Jul 12, 2004

Stefan Prodan posted:

Man these are real good I hope one day I am good enough at music to do stuff like this

thank you so much! i'll offer you a piece of advice—i think the key to composition (well, most creative fields, actually) is just to write tons and tons of songs that you'll most likely throw away. do your best and keep making more. and then, after enough practice, you'll suddenly start writing songs you're proud of without even trying. and it's weird, but it feels incredible when your brain just starts to do things you're impressed with. i started from scratch in 2010 and didn't use a single thing i made until 2013ish.

was really tough, but definitely worth it.

RaceFat
Jul 12, 2004
bumping this because although it took forever, i think it's the best one yet (thanks new video editor!)!!! enjoy.

HILLARY:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PUw_P7U3RY

No. 9
Feb 8, 2005

by R. Guyovich
I think you topped the Bernie one with this one.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
MAC BOOK PROOOOOOO

RaceFat
Jul 12, 2004

No. 9 posted:

I think you topped the Bernie one with this one.

thank you! my new video editor is KILLIN' IT!!!!!!

Shinjobi posted:

MAC BOOK PROOOOOOO

all the candidates have 'em now!

kittiesgomeow
Oct 13, 2008

This avatar cost on average $27.
the hillary video is by far your best. it's replaced the ben carson song for me as ultimate sing-along.

RaceFat
Jul 12, 2004

kittiesgomeow posted:

the hillary video is by far your best. it's replaced the ben carson song for me as ultimate sing-along.

thank you so much! yeah, i think it's the creative apex of my prez songs. i usually end up automatically starting a new project with really dumb songs and then they evolve until i'm like "why the hell am i spending all this time on a song about hillary clinton??!?!?!" and then i scale them back/prepare to move on to something else.

TED CRUZ GONNA BE THE LAST!

and sorry i ruined your slavery singalong. :(

Moltke
May 13, 2009
This song made me feel kinda horny and now I want to smoke crack.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

didnt notice this thread till now but i watched the videos and enjoyed the videos especially the hillary one thanks for making the songs and videos op

cheeeeesecake
Aug 16, 2003
Dad I have commented twice on your videos in the past couple of weeks. This matches my total comments on youtube of all time previously. So you must be doing something right!

RaceFat
Jul 12, 2004

Moltke posted:

This song made me feel kinda horny and now I want to smoke crack.

hey dude, keep that stuff to yourself, okay?!?!?! ;) ;)

Parallax Scroll posted:

didnt notice this thread till now but i watched the videos and enjoyed the videos especially the hillary one thanks for making the songs and videos op

you're welcome! i'm glad you enjoyed them and thank you for watching. and i'll only take credit for making 3 of the vids since my new editor is making the crazy new stuff possible for me!

cheeeeesecake posted:

Dad I have commented twice on your videos in the past couple of weeks. This matches my total comments on youtube of all time previously. So you must be doing something right!

i'm honored as hell! and i think i know which comments are yours, son. :)

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company
Welp. I really dig that Hillary tune. But I have to admit, it doesn't pop into my head when I'm trying to get to sleep the way "Bernie Sanders heating up, heating up the night" does.

(e: In other words, Hot Dad, you got your wish; the song's been sticking in my brain for more than two weeks!)

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

I enjoy learning about how everything is just like Slavery. Ben Carson is beyond foolish, but THAT is my favourite right now.

RaceFat
Jul 12, 2004
errbody, if you haven't downloaded my WOMAN TITLES album yet, you should! i released it for free on SA back in september, then began charging about a month after that. now it's temporarily free again because i just want more people to hear it! https://hotdad.bandcamp.com/album/woman-titles

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

Welp. I really dig that Hillary tune. But I have to admit, it doesn't pop into my head when I'm trying to get to sleep the way "Bernie Sanders heating up, heating up the night" does.

(e: In other words, Hot Dad, you got your wish; the song's been sticking in my brain for more than two weeks!)

thank you!!!!! well, to be fair, bernie's right there with you as you wind down, heating up the night and, subsequently, your sleep. hillary's on some other nightmare planet!

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I enjoy learning about how everything is just like Slavery. Ben Carson is beyond foolish, but THAT is my favourite right now.

everything you've gotta do over and over again IS kinda like slavery, right?!?!?!?! :tinfoil:

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same
girl touch is my poo poo, op

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

RaceFat posted:

everything you've gotta do over and over again IS kinda like slavery, right?!?!?!?! :tinfoil:

"Missing your cue to enter stage right is like SLAVERY".

Moltke
May 13, 2009
Woman Titles is the best album of 2015.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
Yo bros is this thread ready for the gilded mine???

sout
Apr 24, 2014

Okay but let me get in here and say this is good poo poo.
Good poo poo, OP.

e: also yeah, I dunno if OP is working on anything else (I hope he is!) but if he is then it might be cool to leave the thread open for a while

sout fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Feb 18, 2016

Moltke
May 13, 2009

a starwar betamax posted:

I feel like GBS should have a little more time to download Woman Titles first.

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same

throw the switch, barkman!

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy
You made the list Dad!

http://www.techinsider.io/bernie-sanders-campaign-songs-2016-2

You made it!

RaceFat
Jul 12, 2004

ted cruz should be here by the weekend and then this project is wrapped! would love to keep it open until that conclusion (if it's okay with you).

scott zoloft posted:

girl touch is my poo poo, op

thank you! that's actually the third time i recorded that song. it was one of the first i ever wrote and i've always liked it, so it came back for recording round 3!

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

"Missing your cue to enter stage right is like SLAVERY".

you're gonna give me nightmares talking like that!

Moltke posted:

Woman Titles is the best album of 2015.

so fuckin' glad you like it! thank you! i kinda forgot all about it and then gave it a proper listen a couple of weeks ago and i was like "i'm making this free again! gotta share it, fast!"

sout posted:

Okay but let me get in here and say this is good poo poo.
Good poo poo, OP.

e: also yeah, I dunno if OP is working on anything else (I hope he is!) but if he is then it might be cool to leave the thread open for a while

thank you thank you thank you!!!!

Moltke posted:

I feel like GBS should have a little more time to download Woman Titles first.

yeah, this too. :)

just saw this! super, super thrilled. so happy they mentioned the self-awareness, because i didn't actually want to make a positive bernie sanders song, despite him being my candidate of choice. so i did my best to cope with it and i'm happy with how it turned out.

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
lol

Stabbatical
Sep 15, 2011

The Hillary song is great, the "I'm a corporation" and "Goldman Sachs & equivalents" lines slayed me

Tbh, I'd pay for an instrumental version too, the song (esp. 1:00 to about 2:15) is gold

assemblyrequired
Jul 14, 2014

I've gotta say I love your songs, "I Love Websites" is by far my favorite
It's just a lyrical masterpiece
And also "What's Wrong Now, Morrissey?"
Please never stop creating

joke_explainer
Dec 28, 2011

Holy poo poo, great job RaceFat. I like them all. I like that HBO is just like slavery in the Ben Carson song. I like the running mac products joke.

Clockwerk
Apr 6, 2005

This Dad, he's so Hot! Thanks for the videos

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
Well 'slavery' doesn't even look like a word any more.

Absolute Lithops
Aug 28, 2011

After one long season
of waiting, after one
long season of wanting
Hey OP you make good songs. I am proud to have a folder on my computer called Hot Dad Wrestle.

Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord
Well done Hot Dad on another round of great songs, your TV album has a special place in my hard drive storage.

By the way, are you playing these songs on HBO or did that contract end?

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

My favorite song remains the "Baby, Baby" rendition you guys did a few years ago.

Lazer Monkey
Jan 15, 2005

These art great OP.

RaceFat
Jul 12, 2004

!!!

Stabbatical posted:

The Hillary song is great, the "I'm a corporation" and "Goldman Sachs & equivalents" lines slayed me

Tbh, I'd pay for an instrumental version too, the song (esp. 1:00 to about 2:15) is gold

maybe i'll throw an instrumental version up sometime! some random guy did this remix yesterday too. it's pretty wacky and dark. i should send him some real stems so he can clean it up. https://soundcloud.com/mixmasta-hubbs/power-glove-hot-dad-hillary-clinton-nightforce-remix

assemblyrequired posted:

I've gotta say I love your songs, "I Love Websites" is by far my favorite
It's just a lyrical masterpiece
And also "What's Wrong Now, Morrissey?"
Please never stop creating

thank you so much! ILW is a real classic. i think it's still got time to blow up. i made it because i thought maybe it would resonate with people more than songs about piss or penis tips or meat or whatever. still waiting for that big explosion of popularity!
and "What's Wrong Now, Morrissey?" was just a shameless attempt to get patton oswalt to retweet it. a friend of mine told me i should do it, so i dropped everything and cranked out that song in one afternoon and uploaded it. and then it worked!!!
https://twitter.com/pattonoswalt/status/663932144985747457

joke_explainer posted:

Holy poo poo, great job RaceFat. I like them all. I like that HBO is just like slavery in the Ben Carson song. I like the running mac products joke.

thank you, joke_explainer! nice to see you here! can't stop watching that top notch HBO programming once you begin, so slavery i guess.
and i definitely took that apple joke from vic berger's original JEB VINE. just keepin' it alive:
https://vine.co/v/erX66WYXx6p

Clockwerk posted:

This Dad, he's so Hot! Thanks for the videos

you're welcome!

HopperUK posted:

Well 'slavery' doesn't even look like a word any more.

that's a weird phenomenon, huh? "philadelphia" always gets me if i say it too much.

Absolute Lithops posted:

Hey OP you make good songs. I am proud to have a folder on my computer called Hot Dad Wrestle.

thank you so much! big time honored to take up space on your hdd. i think it's definitely my best 20-track album to date. ;)

Junior Jr. posted:

Well done Hot Dad on another round of great songs, your TV album has a special place in my hard drive storage.

By the way, are you playing these songs on HBO or did that contract end?

thank you! glad to hear about even more data use! TV is actually doing relatively okay on spotify since it's like 2.5 hours long and over 100 tracks. so i'm getting like $5.99 per 1000 plays, or a mere 10 times through and it would have been the same cost to upload to tunecore as a 10 track album or whatever. interesting how that turned out. still only making like $12-$18 a month for that, but it's still another revenue stream.

HILLARY almost had the lyric "But she probably watches HBO" but i decided to do the macbook pro line instead to keep it consistent with the others. but HBO will always be there for me when i need it.

The Ninth Layer posted:

My favorite song remains the "Baby, Baby" rendition you guys did a few years ago.

ha, thank you! that was probably the best video i ever made with alex before we stopped collaborating on videos. and one of my first songs ever! we only made it because i thought it would be smart to name our video the same thing as something insanely popular at the time. v dumb/good!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZuxT1zbn5fM

Lazer Monkey posted:

These art great OP.

thank you!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord
That McDonald's song got me thinking, can you make an album full of fast food songs? If so, I'd love to hear one for KFC or Taco Bell.

• Locked thread