Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Ammat The Ankh posted:

N: Rob Manfred apparently favors expanding MLB to 32 teams. Morosi thinks this would likely happen in five to six years, once stadium issues in Tampa Bay and Oakland are settled.

V: Five to six years of drawing up theoretical franchise maps and realignment charts. :getin:

I still think a team in Mexico City is the best idea because 81 home run derbies is much better than just one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Ammat The Ankh posted:

N: Rob Manfred apparently favors expanding MLB to 32 teams. Morosi thinks this would likely happen in five to six years, once stadium issues in Tampa Bay and Oakland are settled.

V: Five to six years of drawing up theoretical franchise maps and realignment charts. :getin:

N: No mention of Portland, OR, as a possible destination

V:

Senf
Nov 12, 2006

Ammat The Ankh posted:

Sorry but the A's are never getting a new ballpark, so

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Ammat The Ankh posted:

League expansion in 5-6 years contingent on the A's getting a new stadium.

So no league expansion then, got it.

e:f,b

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

bewbies posted:

What is it about the Royals that make projections hate them so much?
Projections likely underrate the team value of defense and relief pitching, both of which are major strengths of the Royals.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

What happened to Lincecum? Dude just fell off a cliff. Did he get injured or something?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

DOOP posted:

What happened to Lincecum? Dude just fell off a cliff. Did he get injured or something?

He has some degenerative hip issue they found last year but that was after a multi-year bout of suckitis so who knows

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe

DOOP posted:

He went from being one of the top 5 or so hardest throwing SPs in the game to the bottom 5. Something mechanics? A lot of smart people have written a lot about it, his mechanics were like a very intricately balanced engine that threw a rod or something.

If you want to see this happen in real time, watch: Ventura, Yordano.

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

Playoff odds are pretty dumb but also worth it just for this poo poo:

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006

TheIncredulousHulk posted:

Playoff odds are pretty dumb but also worth it just for this poo poo:

2014 AL West.

drat, Astros. drat.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

Tony Phillips posted:

2014 AL West.

drat, Astros. drat.

They got a bump in the middle of June!

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

Ammat The Ankh posted:

Two leagues with two 8 team divisions and a balanced schedule or death

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Ammat The Ankh posted:

Please send the Astros back to the NL

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Mr. Fix It posted:

I guarantee you division sizes are not going to grow

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Mr. Fix It posted:

bawfuls posted:

I guarantee you division sizes are not going to grow

JP Morosi posted:

The sport’s growing revenues support the concept, and Manfred cited the favorable schedule of 16-team leagues split into four divisions of four. (Tighter divisional footprints would make owners happy, because fewer road games would start at unfavorable times for local television.)

Manfred specifically went out of his way to stress that four divisions of four is preferable.

UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004
yeah but what about the next round of expansion after that, they'd have to add 8 teams at once!

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的

UZR IS BULLSHIT posted:

yeah but what about the next round of expansion after that, they'd have to add 8 teams at once!

And all 8 will be in LA which will just complicate things further

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

New Concept Hole posted:

And all 8 will be in LA which will just complicate things further

I think I found a loophole.

The Los Angeles (Team Name) of (City Name)

theacox
Jun 8, 2010

You can't be serious.
Time to finally burn that CONTRACTION?YES! flag that's been hanging out in my closeet for 15 years.

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

N: Cespedes bought a pig?
http://www.thescore.com/mlb/news/971433

V: Cespedes bought a pig.

He's a good person.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Drunk Canuck posted:

N: Cespedes bought a pig?
http://www.thescore.com/mlb/news/971433

V: Cespedes bought a pig.