Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Spoeank posted:

Number one with a bullet best thing about the Yankees in 2015 was Alex Rodriguez literally flipping people's opinions of him.

Arah :allears:

#forg13ve

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Who's going to fill-in when Teixeira gets hurt?

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

tadashi posted:

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

tadashi posted:

Also McCann since they'll have Sanchez as BUC.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

oh my goodness

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

I'm glad that there are still new aspects of the ARod Centaur thing.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Inspector_666 posted:

Mateo is a shortstop, why has anything changed for him since the end of the season? He's likely gonna start in high A again, and if all goes well he'll end the season in AA.

There was more than just Bird in 2015 man, c'mon.

Didi and Castro seem to be here for a while

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

ZenVulgarity posted:

Didi and Castro seem to be here for a while

Castro is playing 2B and once again, Mateo will be starting the season in A ball. I'll worry about Mateo being blocked when he's forcing the issue from AAA.

Crimson Sox
Jan 16, 2008

Bromance
in Japan news: Kazuhiro Kiyohara, a very popular and one of the best hitters in NPB was arrested for possession of methamphetamine

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010

Intruder posted:

Anyone who had a strong negative opinion about him probably didn't have their mind changed just because he owned like he always owns

I actually went the other, I always liked arod and now I hate him.

Something about SASMLB brings out the hater in me

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

https://twitter.com/JonHeyman/status/694572161030340608

Twins really stretching the "no such thing as a bad minor league contract" theory

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

What the hell happened to Quentin other than falling down the bad tree and hitting every branch on the way down?

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:

This is still on my bathroom wall for some reason.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

zakharov posted:

This is still on my bathroom wall for some reason.

Didn't you say you were using it to cover up a hole or something?

Either way I'm glad you still use it :haw:

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

This is a pretty good chart from MLBTR on amount spent by team in FA.

Those small market Yankees.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I must be going insane cause I don't remember what other two free agents the Astros have signed besides Fister

Are they including retained FAs? Then it would be Rasmus and Sipp

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Who threw this cat at me?
Clapping Larry
Crazy that the Dbacks only signed Greinke this off season. I guess all their other "all in" moves were via trading away prospects and major leaguers for cash.

Angels big offseason signings were a Craig Gentry/Daniel Nava platoon, Geovanny Soto and Al Al. Along with selling the farm to fill a hole they didn't have at shortstop.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Harlock posted:

This would be the first time the Yankees have ever not signed a free agent (that is including opt-out re-signings.)

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Good Dog posted:

Crazy that the Dbacks only signed Greinke this off season. I guess all their other "all in" moves were via trading away prospects and major leaguers for cash.

Also trading the farm for Shelby Miller

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

Harlock posted:

Lol at the Rockies being middle of the pack.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Good Dog posted:

Stewart was recently quoted as saying they didn't want to give up any more picks.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Harlock posted:

Royals top 10, the end times are upon us. Or the 80's are back, one or the other.

angrygodofjebus
Aug 25, 2005

Drink it up and hunker down

tadashi posted:

What the hell happened to Quentin other than falling down the bad tree and hitting every branch on the way down?

He broke his own hand hitting a bat in frustration the year he might have won MVP and the rest is injury history.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

angrygodofjebus posted:

He broke his own hand hitting a bat in frustration the year he might have won MVP and the rest is injury history.

didn't he also throw a hissy fit about getting hit all the time a couple years ago despite the fact that he practically hangs his elbow out over the middle of the plate

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Grittybeard posted:

Royals top 10, the end times are upon us. Or the 80's are back, one or the other.

We have traveled to the alternate 1980's timeline because the Mets are spending money again as are the Orioles but the Yankees are somehow broke and the Braves are not spending like a drunk/insane man owns them.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

The Eugene Emeralds (low-A Cubs) jerseys:

well plaid, Eugene.

Explosionface
May 30, 2011

We can dance if we want to,
we can leave Marle behind.
'Cause your fiends don't dance,
and if they don't dance,
they'll get a Robo Fist of mine.

Everblight posted:

The Eugene Emeralds (low-A Cubs) jerseys:

well plaid, Eugene.

Somehow those are both completely awful and absolutely amazing.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Dodgers spent the same per player as the Astros and Jays, yay for deals I guess?

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

IcePhoenix posted:

didn't he also throw a hissy fit about getting hit all the time a couple years ago despite the fact that he practically hangs his elbow out over the middle of the plate
Yes in April of 2013 he charged the mound and broke Greinke's collar bone after getting hit by a pitch. His HBP rate for his career was like 4% or something.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
For a second, I was like "How the hell did the Reds spend 51 cents?"

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Harlock posted:

thebrewersarerebuilding.jpg.

shadok
Dec 12, 2004

You tried to destroy it once before, Commodore.
The result was a wrecked ship and a dead crew.
Fun Shoe
The Canadian dollar is going to kick the poo poo out of us over the next couple of years. And it's probably added a decade to the timeline of getting the Expos back.

leokitty
Apr 5, 2005

I live. I die. I live again.

shadok posted:

The Canadian dollar is going to kick the poo poo out of us over the next couple of years. And it's probably added a decade to the timeline of getting the Expos back.

So eternity+10 years?

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

canadianclassic posted:

25lbs of muscle, eh? Likely exaggerating but you certainly don't put on that much muscle just by eating your oatmeal and doing your squats.

Are we counting putting on muscle as BSOHL?

chilihead
Nov 5, 2010

Is this real life, or is this fantasy?

Harlock posted:

Cubs,Royals,Orioles at the top and the Yankees, Phillies, Angels at the bottom. Whats next, cats and dogs living together?

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
Pitchers and catchers report in 2 weeks and Dexter Fowler is still unsigned.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Inspector_666 posted:

Severino and Bird were probably the highest points because "Holy poo poo not trading away prospects!" and "Wait the Yankees farm system produced guys who look like they can actually play again?!" was pretty great but Bird was gonna at least start the season in AAA this year, and we'll still get to see Luis in the rotation!

Eh its a legitimate concern that he doesn't bounce back from it fully which is way more of a bummer than missing out on a few hundred ABs in a season no one is expecting much from.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Harlock posted:

This is just this off-season, right? Because last I checked A-Rod wasn't drafted by the Yankees.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU

Retail Slave posted:

Pitchers and catchers report in 2 weeks and Dexter Fowler is still unsigned.

The Cubs would probably do well re-signing him but that also means finding someone who will take Soler for a #3-4 starter or thereabouts. Even with guys like Wood/Cahill/Warren who can be stretched if Hammel is still broken and Hendricks is meh, getting Heyward in his natural position and not forcing him to be flanked by two defensive black holes for most of the season could be worth losing Soler's potential.

E: Cahill's contract incentives pay him $750k if he hits 18 starts, $100k for 21, $1.25 million for 24 and another $1.5 million at 27, 29, and 31 starts. Also $100k for 60 appearances, $150k for 65 and $200k for 70, plus $300k if he finishes 25.

CubsWoo fucked around with this message at 06:00 on Feb 3, 2016

• Locked thread