Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
バツ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

will_colorado
Jun 30, 2007

:swoon:

CarGo taking some BP in the cage:

https://twitter.com/cargomedia5/status/695692863640735744

that Clemente shirt is phenomenal

E: speaking of Japan, can someone give me 48000 Yen to buy an Orix Buffaloes plaid jersey
http://shop.buffaloes.co.jp/goods_detail.php?id=2525

will_colorado fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Feb 5, 2016

Abner Assington
Mar 13, 2005

For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry god. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now, at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon.

Amen.
Yeah, that shirt rules.

In non-related news, the Reds have hired Lou Piniella to be the senior advisor to the GM of the president of all the world's baseball operations in the known universe in the Year of Our Lord 2016*.

(*some bullshit gig but I don't care, Sweet Lou is back in Cincinnati)

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

will_colorado posted:

E: speaking of Japan, can someone give me 48000 Yen to buy an Orix Buffaloes plaid jersey
http://shop.buffaloes.co.jp/goods_detail.php?id=2525

How in the hell is that a $400 jersey?

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Inspector_666 posted:

Isn't the exchange rate like 1000 yen to the dollar?

fake edit:
yep, from google:
Search Results

1 Japanese Yen equals
0.0085 US Dollar

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

It's a good time to buy Yen if you have USD.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

wow yahoo japan auctions are calling me boys

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

LeftistMuslimObama posted:

fake edit:
yep, from google:
Search Results

1 Japanese Yen equals
0.0085 US Dollar

48000 Japanese Yen equals
410.4883 US Dollar

(Also via Google. Or just doing .0083 * 48000)

vincentpricesboner
Sep 3, 2006

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

fake edit:
yep, from google:
Search Results

1 Japanese Yen equals
0.0085 US Dollar

48000 JPY
=
410.46691 USD

So yeah. First guy was already right.

Thats boutique prices for a jersey. Almost buying for a Jays jersey at the stadium in CDN dollars crazy.

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

Thom P. Tiers posted:

Kenosha has the Kingfish in a nice little ballpark just south of downtown Kenosha. Games are really cool, and they are hosting the All-Star game and Home Run Derby this year! And as a bonus, they are trying to get permission to blast dingers into Lake Michigan off of a pier for the home run derby.

http://northwoodsleague.com/kenosha-kingfish/2016/01/07/kingfish-host-2016-northwoods-league-star-game/

I was actually referring to the all-inclusive stuff.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

Infidel Castro posted:

I was actually referring to the all-inclusive stuff.

Kingfish have the Fish Bowl. All you can eat through the 5th and all you can drink through the 8th. It's ~$30 I believe.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Inspector_666 posted:

Well, I mean, look at it

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Inspector_666 posted:

48000 Japanese Yen equals
410.4883 US Dollar

(Also via Google. Or just doing .0083 * 48000)

Oops, total brain fart. It's friday and I have been trapped in programmer hell :( all day.

Maybe this inability to read decimals is why I felt sad to see Segura go?

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

Oops, total brain fart. It's friday and I have been trapped in programmer hell :( all day.

Maybe this inability to read decimals is why I felt sad to see Segura go?

You work at Epic don't you?

I was surprised they let Segura go but then looking at his numbers he really fell off after that 1 good half season.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

Thom P. Tiers posted:

Kenosha has the Kingfish in a nice little ballpark just south of downtown Kenosha. Games are really cool, and they are hosting the All-Star game and Home Run Derby this year! And as a bonus, they are trying to get permission to blast dingers into Lake Michigan off of a pier for the home run derby.

http://northwoodsleague.com/kenosha-kingfish/2016/01/07/kingfish-host-2016-northwoods-league-star-game/

This owns so hard. I want to get drunk and watch dudes hit dingers into Lake Michigan.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Popete posted:

I was surprised they let Segura go but then looking at his numbers he really fell off after that 1 good half season.

Lol, yep. I'm wanted to like Segura so bad. He made cool plays in between bouts of bad. But ultimately, he was our Starlin.

Janana
May 17, 2009

Diamondbacks Baseball: Injuries and Futility R Us

Lol, yep. I'm wanted to like Segura so bad. He made cool plays in between bouts of bad. But ultimately, he was our Starlin.

I will now intone the spell which will make Jean Segura great again when he plays for the Diamondbacks.

"Change of scenery candidate."

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?

Popete posted:

It wasn't even half a season it was like 6 weeks

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU
Arrieta and the Cubs avoid arbitration, settle on 1yr/10.7m. No word on incentives or anything but it is the highest 1 year deal for a pitcher with his level of service time. Jake can go back to arb after this season and is a FA after 2017.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
The Cubs and Jake Arrieta reach an agreement for 1/10.7 thus avoiding the arbitration hearing set for Tuesday

Edit: beaten

GoatSeeGuy
Dec 26, 2003

What if Jerome Walton made me a champion?

CubsWoo posted:

Arrieta and the Cubs avoid arbitration, settle on 1yr/10.7m. No word on incentives or anything but it is the highest 1 year deal for a pitcher with his level of service time. Jake can go back to arb after this season and is a FA after 2017.

This is cool and good, and I'm looking forward to all the cries and lamentation from the Fans Since '15 when he walks in 2 years for 200+ million.*

*And is replaced as #1 starter by dual aces Kevin Gausman and Dylan Bundy who were acquired for 2 minor leaguers and a new bat rack.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

GoatSeeGuy posted:

This is cool and good, and I'm looking forward to all the cries and lamentation from the Fans Since '15 when he walks in 2 years for 200+ million.*

*And is replaced as #1 starter by dual aces Kevin Gausman and Dylan Bundy who were acquired for 2 minor leaguers and a new bat rack.

no, he's going to sign for 2/200+ with the Cubs and blow his UCL crossing the T in Arrieta, looks like you don't understand how Cubs work.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Janana posted:

I will now intone the spell which will make Jean Segura great again when he plays for the Diamondbacks.

"Change of scenery candidate."

There's good evidence he might benefit from that. I am rooting for Jean, also because holy poo poo that trade is bad if he puts up ~.600 OPS :(

Inspector_666 posted:

One person died in the collapse and 2 are in the hospital, but I feel like that's about the best possible way for that thing to have come down.

Yeah that could have killed a ton of loving people.

Rand alPaul fucked around with this message at 09:12 on Feb 6, 2016

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Given that NHL.tv is so closely aligned with MLB.tv nowadays, a new provision was just added to their streaming TOS.

quote:

IF YOU CIRCUMVENT OR ATTEMPT TO CIRCUMVENT ANY BLACKOUT RESTRICTION OR OTHER USE RESTRICTION: YOUR SUBSCRIPTION WILL BE SUBJECT TO IMMEDIATE TERMINATION AND A CHARGE OF ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS ($100.00) FOR EARLY TERMINATION WILL BE APPLIED TO YOUR CREDIT OR DEBIT CARD; YOU MAY BE SUBJECT TO LEGAL ACTION; AND THE NHL RESERVES THE RIGHT TO REPORT SUCH MISCONDUCT TO APPROPRIATE LAW ENFORCEMENT AUTHORITIES.

If this sort of stuff scares you, I'd just check your newest MLB.tv terms of service to see if its included. I haven't heard anything yet, but the NHL just made this change a couple of days ago.

edit: this is in the MLB.tv TOS. I'm not sure if it was there in year's past.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
If they actually enforce it they are gonna lose boat loads of customers, I'm sure it's just something their lawyers said to toss in there. It seems like most people are using a DNS service to get around blackouts and I'm sure MLB.tv and NHL.tv know this.

GoatSeeGuy
Dec 26, 2003

What if Jerome Walton made me a champion?

"Hello Officer, this is....umm, Sud Belig and I'd like to report a robbery in progress. There's a guy in Fresno using a VPN as we speak and I'd like you to shoot him please."

I saw a couple articles on this last night, apparently the change came with a complete technical breakdown of NHL.TV as well which any MLB subscriber can tell you happens for more or less the first week of the season and every 4-6 weeks after.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

R.D. Mangles posted:

no, he's going to sign for 2/200+ with the Cubs and blow his UCL crossing the T in Arrieta, looks like you don't understand how Cubs work.

Gotta update your bad contract terms... he's actually going to sign for 8/240 with an optout every two years, immediately blow his arm out, recover and return to form in August of his fourth year, opt-out and sign with the Cardinals.

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

Tender Bender posted:

Gotta update your bad contract terms... he's actually going to sign for 8/240 with an optout every two years, immediately blow his arm out, recover and return to form in August of his fourth year, opt-out and sign with the Cardinals.

Ah, yes, the Cardinals: that team that signs free agent star pitchers rather than magically creating them in a lab.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

FairGame posted:

Ah, yes, the Cardinals: that team that signs free agent star pitchers rather than magically creating them in a lab.

I was thinking "what would suck more for the cubs" rather than "free agent stealing boogeyman".

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer

Harlock posted:

Given that NHL.tv is so closely aligned with MLB.tv nowadays, a new provision was just added to their streaming TOS.

If this sort of stuff scares you, I'd just check your newest MLB.tv terms of service to see if its included. I haven't heard anything yet, but the NHL just made this change a couple of days ago.

edit: this is in the MLB.tv TOS. I'm not sure if it was there in year's past.

I'm pretty sure the stuff about using a vpn and sharing accounts has been in the MLB ToS for a while.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Is there a reason the MLBN isn't showing the Caribbean series? Actual MLB players are in it, you'd think that'd take precedent over the Shredder telling me that Joe Panik is the third best Second Baseman in baseball.

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

The Ham Fighters are doing their ST in Arizona, so if you are a degenerate prospect follower, brace your dick for the Shohei Otani hype

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yeah Shohei owns and is the next Yu Darvish.

Banana_Boy
Jul 14, 2003
I think I remember reading this last year, is it true the Blue Jays haven't been blacked out locally the last few years on mlb.tv? And is this expected to continue?

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

TheIncredulousHulk posted:

The Ham Fighters are doing their ST in Arizona, so if you are a degenerate prospect follower, brace your dick for the Shohei Otani hype

Whereabouts? I'd probably go. I'm trying to go to a bunch of Cactus League games in the valley this year; I want to check out those fancy new Cubs and D'Backs fields.

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

Gonz posted:

Whereabouts? I'd probably go. I'm trying to go to a bunch of Cactus League games in the valley this year; I want to check out those fancy new Cubs and D'Backs fields.

At the Padres complex in Peoria, it looks like

WienerDog
Apr 8, 2007
Resident Rocking Dachshund

Banana_Boy posted:

I think I remember reading this last year, is it true the Blue Jays haven't been blacked out locally the last few years on mlb.tv? And is this expected to continue?

Yes it's true; I'm in Toronto and I watch all the Jays games on PC, Xbone or Android with no issues.

The first year I subscribed I read the FAQs first and was expecting to be blacked out and use a VPN, but much to my delight it has worked flawlessly the past two seasons.

Fingers crossed it stays this way.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Rand alPaul posted:

Yeah Shohei owns and is the next Yu DarvishBabe Ruth.
https://cdn.streamable.com/video/mp4/ukx2.mp4

:colbert:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

you set me up for a monster dinger and it was just a dumb line drive, jerk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

IcePhoenix posted:

you set me up for a monster dinger and it was just a dumb line drive, jerk
Sorry. He did OPS .842 with 10 HR in 234 PA as a 19 year old though.

• Locked thread