Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Poque posted:

Greg Bird's out for all of 2016 for shoulder surgery

https://twitter.com/Joelsherman1/status/694241374716219393

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK.

Greg Bird was the one good thing about the yankees season last year.
I'm literally distraught.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Inspector_666 posted:

There was more than just Bird in 2015 man, c'mon.

A-rod was great too, you're right. And the bullpen striking everyone out ever.

But Bird was the best part of it :smith:

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

tadashi posted:

Who's going to fill-in when Teixeira gets hurt?

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

I hated A-Rod because he was always Derek Jeter's rival SS as I was growing up. I was so mad when the Yankees traded for him, and it wasn't until I was much older that I was able to appreciate just how lovable and weird he is.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Can we get an MLB Catwatch please? If there is a god let him hear this prayer

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Bautista has had such a weird career arc that the idea of anyone getting upset that he wants as much money as possible from his next contract is crazy to me. Let the man get paid, people.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

bawfuls posted:

this says more about the poor quality of the Giants' bench last season than it does about Bumgarner's bat

People overrate him at the plate so goddamn much it's ridiculous. Dude can't loving take a walk. Sure he is an good bat for a pitcher, but that's it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

UZR IS BULLSHIT posted:

Lincecum has been completely wretched for like four years now, and Ned Colletti isn't around to make those kind of signings anymore

Yeah but he was really really good for 4 years!!!

• Locked thread