Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

Rand alPaul posted:

BSOHL time is my favorite time of the year. It's like the night before Christmas.

Can we please keep a running tally?

BSOHL:
Yasiel Puig
James Paxton

Not BSOHL :btroll: :
Greg Bird

Colby Lewis lost 25 pounds or so cycling, which is probably good considering his fake hip and his old-rear end knees and poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

2 fWAR is supposed to be the league average at every position but you have to hit really well to get there at the fat guy positions because the positional adjustments are so harsh

And AL still gonna kick the poo poo out of the NL in interleague play because it's a better overall league

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

The Ham Fighters are doing their ST in Arizona, so if you are a degenerate prospect follower, brace your dick for the Shohei Otani hype

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

Gonz posted:

Whereabouts? I'd probably go. I'm trying to go to a bunch of Cactus League games in the valley this year; I want to check out those fancy new Cubs and D'Backs fields.

At the Padres complex in Peoria, it looks like

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

AHHHHH KIMETAAAAAAAAAAA is a pretty great call

e: is 11 the ace number for Hokkaido or something? Cool if so

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

Vernacular posted:

Brett Lawrie and Mat Latos on the same team seems like a bad idea.

Speaking of the White Sox, I feel like they should just say "gently caress it" and sign Fowler and Desmond. Hell, Gallardo too while they're at it. That would be a pretty solid team in a weak division.

Maybe they'll cancel out, like putting two troublemakers in the same squad in MGSV

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

Popete posted:

Wait this works? I just kick them all out.

That's what I heard and I assume it's true because it's too Metal Gear not to be in there. I just kick them all out too, but on philosophical grounds

God I hope he hits the ground running. Full power Yu and Hamels in the same rotation... :gizz:

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

I'm basically agnostic on ARod but y'all beeping and booping trying to calculate how someone could hate him are being pretty silly

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

Here's a simple trick to tell Korean from Chinese/Japanese:

Korean has lots of little circles in it and the other two don't

Use it to look worldly to those who don't know

Poque posted:

you found the first bat flip that would genuinely make me angry, and it's exclusively because he didn't hit a loving homer

Does this mean you hate Rougned Odor :ohdear:

TheIncredulousHulk fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Feb 12, 2016

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

A's maybe trading for Khris Davis soon, says Twitter

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

Is it Bubba or Bubby, this is important

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

:rip:

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

LeftistMuslimObama posted:

As fans, how should I feel? I liked Davis a lot, but outfield depth is something Stearns has gone after in spades so if we got good stuff I'll live. Gonna have to retire my Davis hat now though.

Seems like a pretty good deal for Milwaukee

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

Intruder posted:

Nottingham is cool and I'm surprised he got traded again

Is he the new super aids prospect?

Maybe Stearns just really likes him

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

Rotten Cookies posted:

Mejia is appealing his lifetime ban. I guess literally nothing to lose?

I almost believe him because I can't believe anybody would be that loving stupid

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

If projections counted for anything the Mariners would have actually made the playoffs sometime in the last decade

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

seiferguy posted:

:smith:

I need to look at historical projections. Usually I feel projections have the Mariners 2nd or 3rd and it's national beat writers that put the Mariners as a dark horse candidate to win the west and are always wrong.

It's entirely possible I'm just imagining the projection systems overrating them but it always seems like they do

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

Josh Hamilton's knee is acting up already and ST hasn't even started yet. The question is which of the Gallo/Mazara/Brinson trio will have permanently replaced him by May

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

Yeah it's probably not wise to expect to have 4 SPs each making 30+ starts every year

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

Either that's one huge zit in the middle of it or he dresses waaay right

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

Rangers already extended Jeff Banister. I don't mind. He definitely did some dumb poo poo but it's hard to believe he didn't have a major role in last year's insane comeback run

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

Yeah there's no way the Astros paid all that poo poo for Giles to use him as a fireman(even if that might be the optimal way to deploy him but whatever). He's gonna be the setup guy or the closer

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

Orioles sign Gallardo for 3/$35m with a $14m team option

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

Ragnarok the Red posted:

Woo 14th pick :toot:

Surprised he couldn't get them to guarantee the fourth year, or at least make it a player option.

We don't get their actual pick, we get a sandwich pick

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

the popes toes posted:

This isn't exciting but It's not stupid.

I can't help myself. My first reaction to any Oriole move is, "Does it make the team less stupid or more stupid?" I suppose I've been watching them for too loving long.

Hey, maybe Arrieta Tillman will be really good this year!

Yeah I'm pretty sure Gallardo's gonna fall apart at some point during the contract, but it's not an unreasonable price to pay considering what other FA pitchers got this year. I'd certainly rather have him on this deal than Kennedy on Kennedy's deal

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

Marlins adopting a no facial hair policy, which sounds like a joke headline until you remember it's the Marlins

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

I would wear the gently caress out of that shirt if I owned it

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

WienerDog posted:

It doesn't make much sense at all. As far as I can tell, Bruce is no better then Saunders and makes a poo poo tonne more money. Unless the Jays know that Saunders can't play full time with his bum knee, in which case why would anyone else want him?

Saunders would be going to the Angels, whose current plan A is a Craig Gentry/Daniel Nava platoon and they have the consensus worst farm system in baseball from which to pay for an upgrade. Gambling's about all they can do

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

I am gonna be So loving Mad if the Orioles back out of the Gallardo deal

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

N: Josh Hamilton officially out until probably early May at the earliest

V: Bring on the young bucks

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

Orioles and Gallardo restructure deal and I breathe a sigh of relief that would knock over a small home

e: to be clear this was still some real bullshit by the Orioles but whatever

TheIncredulousHulk fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Feb 25, 2016

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

Poque posted:

Cubs traded Coghlan to the A's for Aaron Brooks

Beane has discovered the new inefficiency is shredding the knees of your division opponents' star MIFs

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

I assume they're hoping that changing the slide rules will make the neighborhood play redundant or something but seems like they're jumping the gun a little bit

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

tadashi posted:

I wonder how many teams the Cubs had to call to find someone willing to give up an optionable MLB-ready pitcher for Coughlan or if they just feel they're still in debt to Billy for the Samardzija deal and knew he'd keep quiet about their talks?

Aaron Brooks is bad

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

BSOHL update(sort of): Joey Gallo put on ~30 pounds in the offseason, presumably making his goofy Muppet face look even weirder in comparison to the rest of his body

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

OdinsBeard posted:

This seems stupid as hell. Once you can get the ball into the stratosphere, anything more is just showing off.

I mean in theory getting stronger could let him shorten his swing without surrendering any power, but I don't actually know how much of it was on purpose and how much of it is just a giant 22 year old filling out his frame

Intruder posted:

Jon Singleton put on 25 pounds and surprisingly they aren't saying 25 pounds of muscle. 17 pounds of muscle though!

e: lol at the guy saying "If Singleton can be a .290/.390/.500 guy..." uhhhh that seems optimistic

"If Singleton can be a top-5 first baseman in baseball"

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

Intruder posted:

If Singleton, a guy who slashes .171/.290/.331, can increase each of those by more than 100 points because he's in the best shape of his life

e: He did slash .284/.394/.497 once in AA over a full season, I guess that's where he's getting that from :shrug: Still hilarious

Prospects are a hell of a drug

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

I wouldn't put much past the Orioles at this point but it seems way more plausible that Fowler just changed his mind and Close is trying to cover for him

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

Inspector_666 posted:

List is bullshit because Frisco is so far down and they used the wrong hat:

To be fair it's a 2014 list and Frisco rebranded last year.

Also I own this specific hat and wear it everywhere. Sometimes I consider sleeping in it

Scob posted:

kinda surprised david freese didnt get signed, no QO and he was still above average batting wise. not sure if his defense was that terrible.

I hope he signs to play in hell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

Pretty sure they're gonna try to Zobrist him. I would rather have signed Ajax at that price but whatever

• Locked thread