Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

https://twitter.com/brianmctaggart/status/692805390010986497

lol so they go into the offseason with a massive hole at first base and a need to upgrade at third and possibly catcher and the only thing they do is release their starting 1B because he makes too much money, trade away their utility guy who could definitely start at either 3B or 1B because he makes too much money, and sign Doug Fister

Oh and trade away their backup catcher for cash

Woof

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Harlock posted:

I thought everyone is expecting AJ Reed to be the 1B some point during the season

It'd be nice and I hope he does get called up and does well but they'll definitely play the service time game with him at the very least. If he struggles and Singleton continues to be disappointing it could be the Tyler White show or maybe even Valbuena at first with Marwin Gonzalez as the starting 3B which... oof

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Rand alPaul posted:

BSOHL time is my favorite time of the year. It's like the night before Christmas.

Can we please keep a running tally?

BSOHL:
Yasiel Puig
James Paxton

Not BSOHL :btroll: :
Greg Bird

:siren: Evan Gattis lost 18 lbs :siren:

Apparently he's not happy being labelled a DH

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

He ate his Wheaties

Also probably only 10-15 lbs of it is muscle

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Anyone who had a strong negative opinion about him probably didn't have their mind changed just because he owned like he always owns

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

oh my goodness

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I must be going insane cause I don't remember what other two free agents the Astros have signed besides Fister

Are they including retained FAs? Then it would be Rasmus and Sipp

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Good Dog posted:

Crazy that the Dbacks only signed Greinke this off season. I guess all their other "all in" moves were via trading away prospects and major leaguers for cash.

Also trading the farm for Shelby Miller

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

CubsWoo posted:

The Cubs would probably do well re-signing him but that also means finding someone who will take Soler for a #3-4 starter or thereabouts. Even with guys like Wood/Cahill/Warren who can be stretched if Hammel is still broken and Hendricks is meh, getting Heyward in his natural position and not forcing him to be flanked by two defensive black holes for most of the season could be worth losing Soler's potential.

E: Cahill's contract incentives pay him $750k if he hits 18 starts, $100k for 21, $1.25 million for 24 and another $1.5 million at 27, 29, and 31 starts. Also $100k for 60 appearances, $150k for 65 and $200k for 70, plus $300k if he finishes 25.

Soler for Scott Feldman, do it

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I like the looks of that :getin:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Maybe the Sox can lobby for a second DH since the Dodgers don't want one

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

That is beautiful

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Yeah I'm not seeing it either

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I saw that part but figured I was just being immature, I mean there are circles around where the bases go

Also kinda looks like one in the infield grass between first base and the mound

e: oh that's a hose

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Inspector_666 posted:

How in the hell is that a $400 jersey?

Well, I mean, look at it

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

YeahTubaMike posted:

Yellow Starbursts are the best though.

This is a correct post

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Inspector_666 posted:

Jim Harbaugh loving sucks.

Nah

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

FlamingLiberal posted:

Tigers extended JD Martinez for 2 years, $18.5 mil

The Astros have a hole in LF

:sigh:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Dango Bango posted:

*fails to properly hang up phone and subjects show to awkward heavy breathing*

*forgets to turn radio down*

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

How is Yu going to be in the rotation when he's banned for life for taking part in running a gambling ring

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

LeftistMuslimObama posted:

I just don't understand what's to hate about A-Rod, unless it's literally just "did steroids". I get it if Yankees fans slightly resent him for "got a huge contract, then was maybe not literally the god zeus in baseballman form", but all the guy's ever done is mash baseballs and be a huge, handsome weirdo. That's usually a recipe for fan love rather than virulent hatred. I'd really, really hate to think it's all just steroids+he's not white.

Yankees fans disliked him less for getting a huge contract and more for opting out of his old Texas contract early because now the Yankees weren't having his salary subsidized by the Rangers for the next three years. Hell, even in SAS there were Yankees fans legitimately pissed off at him for that IIRC even though it was in his best interest to do so and sign another long term deal. They were especially mad when the possibility of him actually leaving came up as well though I don't think that was ever truly a possibility.

Was it A-Rod that the Mets were going to give a private office and suite if he signed?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Ammat The Ankh posted:

Hunter Pence's hair is in the best shape of its life.

I miss him so much :(

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Nottingham is cool and I'm surprised he got traded again

Is he the new super aids prospect?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Do fans call him "The Sheriff"?

Yes, actually

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Rand alPaul posted:

I think we found the worst 2016 Projection:

My body is ready for a 90 win season

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Someone post that image of the wins Lester and Maddon provide

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

:allears: Thank you

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

FairGame posted:

The unnecessary commas in "Cubs, Being, Cubs" is somehow not the dumbest thing about that image.

I still can't figure out where they got the Maddon wins from or how a manager is as valuable than the two best players combined

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

"Even the Cubs can't gently caress this one up"

-Words I have said several times in the past

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Remember when people had those "Don't Re-nig" bumper stickers in 2012 then tried to convince everyone it wasn't racist :allears:

And if we're going to be posting pictures of Rasmus

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Astros best team in the AL :eyepop:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I strongly recommend not clicking that link

Neshek faded badly down the stretch, I was mad at the time but now not so much :staredog:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Baller

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

How fat was that cat before?

I think the Astros should put Neshek's bone spur in a clear plastic case on top of the outfield wall like the Schwarber bomb

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I don't see why he's so mad, the strike zone extends from the knees all the way to the moon where Darren Daulton lives

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

The Astros are still pretending Ken Giles isn't the defacto closer already and Luke Gregerson has come out and publicly said he doesn't think he should be demoted so I hope this doesn't turn into a clusterfuck

Also lol if they make Giles the setup guy to reduce his cost when his arbitration years come along

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

MassaShowtime posted:

Its probably a good idea to not make the better pitcher always pitch with nobody on.

So he pitches with nobody on in the 8th instead of the 9th? At least if they use Gregerson in the 8th and he gets into trouble they can bring Giles in

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I agree with Joey Bats that teams expecting someone to give a hometown discount after the first three years of their careers are spent playing for relative peanuts and the next three are still below market value is ludicrous

I also reserve the right to have a different opinion on this for Carlos Correa who's going to get all the money and I'll be so sad that he leaves Houston

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Good lord that cat owns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

This is amazing

• Locked thread