Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Number one with a bullet best thing about the Yankees in 2015 was Alex Rodriguez literally flipping people's opinions of him.

Arah :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Intruder posted:

Anyone who had a strong negative opinion about him probably didn't have their mind changed just because he owned like he always owns

I seem to remember a lot of people getting really mad at the Yankees because A-Rod tried to be a good team player and do stuff like show up to ST early and the Yankees turned him away and were generally being dicks to him.

There were a bunch of, "I never thought I would see A-Rod as a sympathetic figure but here we are" articles. And then he cracked a billion dingers.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

R.D. Mangles posted:

STEAMER projections don't seem to factor in Cardinals Bullshit.

Giants with a terrible offense that will give it the potential to become inexplicably amazing in the playoffs. It seems to pass the Even Year Bullshit test.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

will_colorado posted:

I doubt this significantly decreases the chance that Tulo hurts himself.

It won't change the chance of Tulo getting hurt at all because he's gonna get hurt in ST

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Time to play "Guess the BP Annual blurb"

“As the Six-Fingered Man once told Prince Humperdinck, ‘If you haven’t got your health, you haven’t got anything.’ Now that [this guy] has his legs underneath him, he’s once again torturing big-league pitchers, getting on base at a historic pace, launching bombs, leading the league in walks, sorting through pitches like a pile of unripe avocados and generally doing whatever the hell he wants at the plate.”

“Investing in relievers is like buying a two-pack of Starburst. Math dictates you have a 75 percent shot at hitting on one red or pink or at least finding a replacement-level orange, but goddamn if you don’t come up double yellows time and again. [This guy] was cherry with the Braves, posting a 2.25 ERA in 49 innings and resuming his former closer role, but after the Dodgers acquired him as part of the Alex Wood deal, he turned out to be a total lemon.”

“From a baseball perspective there is no way a sane person could describe [this guy]’s season as disappointing. Layoffs like his would destroy mortal men, but [this guy] returned to the lead (sic) with a vengeance and became the personification of old man strength, even if he sputtered a bit down the stretch. However, from a fan’s perspective there was a bit of a letdown as [he] missed the chance to be the greatest villain in the North American sporting landscape.”

"There are power hitters, and there is [this guy]. We always knew his tree trunk made a special kind of thump, and thanks ot the dawn of public exit velocity data we know just how special his lumber really is. He hit the ball harder and farther than anyone else in baseball in 2015, duh, but with the average speed of a ball off his bat clocking in more than three full mph faster than any other hitter. To put that in perspective, the gap between him and second place equaled that between numbers two and 47. Sometimes, stats tell you who is best. Sometimes, they help you appreciate the extremely best."

Joey Votto
Jim Johnson
Alex Rodriguez
Giancarlo Stanton

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Jim Harbaugh is actually Really loving Awesome sorry about your wrong opinions

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

R.D. Mangles posted:

Jim Harbaugh is all fun and games until you root for a Big Ten team and then he is profoundly annoying. Michigan shouldn't get an amazing coach dropping from the sky like that, they should be forced to be stuck with Hoke forever.

Yeah why would anyone just get rid of Harbaugh what kind of retard would make that move

Ha

Haha

Hahahaha

Ha.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Much like Dexter, the Marlins stopped being good after like 2006

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

I came here to post that. Flan Man just tired of San Diego's poo poo.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

More like Jenrry Me-ji-aint-pitching-ever-again

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

will_colorado posted:

Meanwhile a mysterious mustachioed man named Sud Belig also received a job at the University of Arizona:

https://twitter.com/Forbes/status/699347703537516544

Bonds' alma mater, checking his transcripts to see if he took Steroids 101.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Figured out where Bonds got all his steroids:

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Barry Bonds also bikes constantly now

and got off the juice

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Who wants some 🔥🔥🔥 takes

And by 🔥🔥🔥 I mean embarrassingly bad

http://theinscribermag.com/opinioneditorial/opinion-why-bill-james-and-his-introduction-of-analytics-are-ruining-baseball.html

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

DrPossum posted:

I literally lol'd at "Something has to be done about this."

How do I explain BABIP to my children??

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Giancarlo! I thought I told you to trim those sideburns! You're off the team. For good!

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Pablo Sandoval surprising literally nobody with that physique after getting paid.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Everblight posted:

Melancon is trying out the new safety helmet for pitchers.

That looks so goofy and unnatural.

The hat is weird too.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

a skeleton posted:

It looks better than the alternative; if it's just as, if not safer than the weird ufo thing, then OK. Speaking as a Braves fan.

It was a joke at Jared Hughes' expense. It's way better than what appeared to be a circle made out of the outfield wall padding.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Oh poo poo nobody tell Brian McCann about this rule

4.06 (3.09) No Fraternization
Players in uniform shall not address or mingle with spectators, nor
sit in the stands before, during, or after a game. No manager, coach
or player shall address any spectator before or during a game.
Players of opposing teams shall not fraternize at any time while in
uniform.

It'll be a bloodbath

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

https://twitter.com/Buster_ESPN/status/701997421669314560

:rip: in pieces

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Ammat The Ankh posted:

The issue was the Angels "prospects" were made of plywood and stuffed with insulation.

"What the... is that guy in the fake mustache and sunglasses Dallas McPherson?"

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Actually I think what Bautista is saying is, "gently caress you, pay me."

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

https://twitter.com/theaceofspaeder/status/702358304098541568

DH is for babbies

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

purkey posted:

That wasn't really complimenting Bumgarner. It's amazing that their options were so poor at the end of the season.

The whole team died at once so it was pretty drat bleak out there. Also it was only a handful of times including a meaningless PA in game 162.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Intruder posted:

I don't have a star :grin:

- The Philadelphia Phillies

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Inspector_666 posted:

I meant Jesus Montero. :smith:

Schwarber is a pretty beefy dude. He's like 3/4 Montero, going full Montero might be disastrous, yeah.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Hunter is the bestest :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

DOOP posted:

What happened to Lincecum? Dude just fell off a cliff. Did he get injured or something?

He has some degenerative hip issue they found last year but that was after a multi-year bout of suckitis so who knows

• Locked thread