Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
canadianclassic
Nov 3, 2004

WienerDog posted:

Also noted skinny kid Aaron Sanchez of the Blue Jays allegedly put on 25lbs this off season

http://www.sportsnet.ca/baseball/mlb/gotta-hear-it-sanchez-gained-25-lbs-of-muscle/

The gainz!

25lbs of muscle, eh? Likely exaggerating but you certainly don't put on that much muscle just by eating your oatmeal and doing your squats.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

canadianclassic
Nov 3, 2004

cebrail posted:

I hate this game because I want to play it, but it's the only game I want to play and I'm not going to buy a PS4 for one game.

I did this and now I have a sweet Blue Ray player and can play a bunch of other fun multiplayer games with people when they come over. Look for a used one in good shape :getin:

As for the Show, it's an incredible baseball video game; my biggest gripe though is that for $80 per year you'd think they could get some new commentary. I'm so loving sick of hearing the same lines every game over and over since the show '14. I think they added a couple new lines for '15 but it's essentially the same poo poo. MLB2K series had great commentary, even going so far as to have individualized commentary for most players. They even had something or Colby Rasmus like "everyone was wondering when St Louis was going to trade this guy, now that he's with the blue jays blah blah blah..."

Even for RTTS mode it wouldn't be hard for them to have a couple blurbs like "this guys career really hasn't been what we thought when we drafted him" or "wow Matt we're definitely looking at a future hall of famer"... For being the ONLY mlb game out there these days I expect a little more.

Other than that though the gameplay is superb and it looks really pretty, which is all you REALLY need from a game like this, but the 2K series had better commentary by a looooong shot

Also, I have bat-flipped foul balls multiple times :q:

canadianclassic
Nov 3, 2004

This has no relevance to real life but Jay Bruce ended up on my MLB the show RTTS guy's team and he's an absolute monster from 2016-2021. Like MVP calibre.

So I'm kinda stoked?

• Locked thread