Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Something actually happens this month! MLB players can report to Spring Training in 2-3 weeks. Salary Arbitration. Everyone got swole over Christmas Break.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

I thought everyone is expecting AJ Reed to be the 1B some point during the season

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

This is a pretty good chart from MLBTR on amount spent by team in FA.

Those small market Yankees.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

That's a pretty depressing projection system for the AL.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Hanley is probably the full time 1B in AL parks. When playing without the DH who knows. Spell with Ortiz?

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

When are we going to do our prediction thread, I have a lot baseball thoughts.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

It's a good time to buy Yen if you have USD.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Given that NHL.tv is so closely aligned with MLB.tv nowadays, a new provision was just added to their streaming TOS.

quote:

IF YOU CIRCUMVENT OR ATTEMPT TO CIRCUMVENT ANY BLACKOUT RESTRICTION OR OTHER USE RESTRICTION: YOUR SUBSCRIPTION WILL BE SUBJECT TO IMMEDIATE TERMINATION AND A CHARGE OF ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS ($100.00) FOR EARLY TERMINATION WILL BE APPLIED TO YOUR CREDIT OR DEBIT CARD; YOU MAY BE SUBJECT TO LEGAL ACTION; AND THE NHL RESERVES THE RIGHT TO REPORT SUCH MISCONDUCT TO APPROPRIATE LAW ENFORCEMENT AUTHORITIES.

If this sort of stuff scares you, I'd just check your newest MLB.tv terms of service to see if its included. I haven't heard anything yet, but the NHL just made this change a couple of days ago.

edit: this is in the MLB.tv TOS. I'm not sure if it was there in year's past.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Tony Phillips posted:

And miracles of miracles, it was the second time in the game that the umps got together and (correctly) changed rulings in the Sox favor, taking place at Yankee Stadium in a pre-instant replay world.

The Anti-Maier:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkXPxy_e1sI

drat that ALCS was pretty great.
I miss old TV bugs.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Ammat The Ankh posted:

Hunter Pence's hair is in the best shape of its life.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

tadashi posted:

I'm a little curious at how they came to the win totals.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

PECOTA is tearing Baseball internet apart. Comes as no surprise as its codename was SKYNET.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Intruder posted:

I think the Astros should put Neshek's bone spur in a clear plastic case on top of the outfield wall like the Schwarber bomb
Going to look foolish when it was the key to his reliever powers and he's begging to put it back in.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

I hope those helmets work and people don't feel too embarrassed to wear one.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Michael Saunders actually not made out of glass, but calcite

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Nothing will be sweeter when the Cubs fail to win the World Series this year

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Ammat The Ankh posted:

Cueto contract already paying dividends.

What is this? A team for Ants?

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

The Cubs were "poor" when it benefited them to be poor. Now they don't need to be.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Dearest Beulah,

I again take the opportunity of droping you a few lines in answer to your kind letters which I recieved a few days ago one bearing date "Feburary 22" the other Feburary the "24". It was a plesure to me to have the honor to recieve a letter from as charming a young girl as the one whos name was ascribed at the bottom of each of them. I was glad to hear you are well and trust you are sincere in what you wrote to me.

But maybe you will say it looks ridiculous to see a man getting grayhaired to be writing love letters, so I will use the remnant of my paper otherwise.

Yours Truly,

Colberry Rasmuson

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Aren't projections based off at least 3 years of data? Their starting rotation is not great. Also I imagine relievers all project to be mediocre and not best in the league.

• Locked thread