Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
FAU edit! Excellent posts guy BARONS CYBER SKULL has donated several game keys to be handed out to the winners. I have ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA what games they are, so I'm just going to hand them out blindly in addition to avatars to the people who make awesome tags. If we end up with more awesome tags than available game keys you'll get something else I guess, no idea what yet.

Greetings Games!

As you well know, a lot of the sub forums share many of the same thread icons. Some are more relevant to certain forums than others and some are just plain too old. This is where you come in!

Facts and I want you, the lovely posters of games, to submit your ideas for new thread icons. This thread will be stickied for a few weeks and we will collect all of your awesome, new and cool ideas here. When we've decided we have a great selection to pick from we will have a poll to vote on some of the best and the winners (those who created the new icons) can win free avatars!

To get you started, here is something awesome that BARONS CYBER SKULL whipped up for me in the new Tomb Raider thread:

Multiplat

PS4/PC

XBO/PC

XBO/PS4

File Size, Dimensions, Type
Please keep files to the proportions of 60 x 15.
No more than 10KB.
.PNG, .GIF, .JPG all fine.

(No to .PPT)

Good luck and lets see those submissions!

Somebody fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Feb 7, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

An RSS feed bot who makes questionable purchasing decisions.
Pillbug
Can we keep goku, its amazing

Gibberish
Sep 17, 2002

by R. Guyovich

What is this

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Gibberish posted:

What is this

I am as shocked as you. Super Mario World DOES hold up!!

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
i can't see goku :(

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Somebody make me an "xborx thrend" tag.

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

FactsAreUseless posted:

Somebody make me an "xborx thrend" tag.

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.

ecks bawks

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

It gets my vote.

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Hell yeah.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

yes

yes

yes

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I have no idea what this is.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

FactsAreUseless posted:

I have no idea what this is.

It's apparently a miscalculated joke. Color-inverted Vita icon with mors instead of vita.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

bloodychill posted:

It's apparently a miscalculated joke. Color-inverted Vita icon with mors instead of vita.

Please stay in the xbox one thread.

hit button
Mar 18, 2012

Grognardy masochistic ascii games deserve their own tag IMHO

hit button fucked around with this message at 05:25 on Feb 2, 2016

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
I started tooling around with these. Not sure if it's the right idea to go with.

EDIT: Another one

The Kins fucked around with this message at 07:31 on Feb 2, 2016

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

The Kins posted:

I started tooling around with these. Not sure if it's the right idea to go with.

I like the mobile one a lot. The FPS one would be good except it's hard to tell at a glimpse that that's the Doom marine's head and I don't have a good suggestion for what to do about that other than use a character with more distinct features that better translates to the small size. The platformer one is too squished (text covering Mario's face and also right up against the side) but otherwise I like the coloring and font styling. The RPGs one is well-formatted but the character's head face away from the text doesn't look as good and the text in that one also doesn't contrast the background enough. Also no need for the 's'.

I really like the overall idea a representative character for each genre thread icon.

bloodychill fucked around with this message at 07:33 on Feb 2, 2016

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

bloodychill posted:

I like the mobile one a lot. The FPS one would be good except it's hard to tell at a glimpse that that's the Doom marine's head and I don't have a good suggestion for what to do about that other than use a character with more distinct features that better translates to the small size. The platformer one is too squished (text covering Mario's face and also right up against the side) but otherwise I like the coloring and font styling. The RPGs one is well-formatted but the character's head face away from the text doesn't look as good and the text in that one also doesn't contrast the background enough. Also no need for the 's'.

I really like the overall idea a representative character for each genre thread icon.
Good points. I'm not happy with the Platformer one at all, but there's no real good acronym for it. :(

Some tweaks based on your feedback:

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Are there enough platformers we talk about to need it's own thread tag? Mario etc could fit under the banner of "Classic", which unless I'm having a real :downs: moment is a shorter word.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

AlphaKretin posted:

Are there enough platformers we talk about to need it's own thread tag? Mario etc could fit under the banner of "Classic", which unless I'm having a real :downs: moment is a shorter word.
There's already a general "Classic" tag taken from CD, duplicating tags doesn't seem like a great idea.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

The Kins posted:

Good points. I'm not happy with the Platformer one at all, but there's no real good acronym for it. :(

Some tweaks based on your feedback:

I like both of these a lot better! No real feedback other than that. And AlphaKretin makes a good point, everything "Platformer" might as well go under Classic, which could use a revamp.

e: or if we couldn't dupe the classic tag, maybe retro or something

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Actually I missed this, this can be "retro". :v:

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

Barons told me I should do this one as a replacement for every tag.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
i think games should appropriate some of imp zone's tags

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Really loving some of these contributions, please keep them coming!

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
Cool!

I made a couple more:

Tails!

Warren!

Lemming!

Moongrave fucked around with this message at 11:50 on Feb 2, 2016

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Looper posted:

i think games should appropriate some of imp zone's tags
I agree. I'd love to have some of the Nintendo tags, the Metal Gear one, etc. I'll talk to the admins.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

But I'm going to wait until after the contest. I want to try and get as many Games-made tags as we can.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

The only tag that matters

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

FactsAreUseless posted:

I agree. I'd love to have some of the Nintendo tags, the Metal Gear one, etc. I'll talk to the admins.

Can we get and also?

KoB
May 1, 2009

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

Tails!

Warren!

Lemming!

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

bloodychill posted:

The FPS one would be good except it's hard to tell at a glimpse that that's the Doom marine's head

Please don't listen to this poster, it's pretty easy to tell it's Doomguy

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

Best tag so far

e:

Awesome Welles posted:

Please don't listen to this poster, it's pretty easy to tell it's Doomguy

My first thought was "what does an ugly guy in a bright blue shirt have to do with first person shooters" and then looked close and realized it was Doom guy but if it looks fine to other people, that's cool.

bloodychill fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Feb 2, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robiben
Jul 19, 2006

Life is...weird
I made a few for the Giantbomb thread. I thought I'd post them here because why not?

I will make some actual Games related ones later.

Robiben fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Feb 2, 2016

• Locked thread