Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.

bloodychill posted:

It's apparently a miscalculated joke. Color-inverted Vita icon with mors instead of vita.

Looks like fruit cake.

Fruit cake belongs in the trash, Vita deserves to be buried under forgetfulness. Alternatively experimental spices that end up becoming some kind of jet black substance.

Edit: Actually wondering, what happened to the Slayers tag? A few thread still uses it by I can find them through the filter.

InfinityComplex fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Feb 3, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.

this should be the icon for the zelda thread once twilight princess hd comes out.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Instant Sunrise posted:

this should be the icon for the zelda thread once twilight princess hd comes out.

yes

this could probably look better but i'm bad. i kinda like the idea of having company tags

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

Looper posted:

yes

this could probably look better but i'm bad. i kinda like the idea of having company tags

Shouldn't that be a coffin?

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
The EA one should be the original logo

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
I've always puzzled over what sort of tags to use on the Sega Nomad threads I make, so I made this:

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

The EA one should be the original logo

It took a long time, but they have succeeded at their original goal of designing games that make people cry.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

DalaranJ posted:

It took a long time, but they have succeeded at their original goal of designing games that make people cry.

:eyepop:

The Ass Stooge
Nov 9, 2012

a hunger uncurbed
by nature's calling

The Kins posted:

Good points. I'm not happy with the Platformer one at all, but there's no real good acronym for it. :(

Some tweaks based on your feedback:

I like the Doomguy one better. I don't think it's difficult to identify at all.

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009
Hey, buddy. :glomp:

For the 'platformer' tag, why not try 'Jump'?

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde
Hey, what about :siren:competitive gaming:siren:?

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

limaCAT posted:

Hey, what about :siren:competitive gaming:siren:?

Good call - there's always gonna be threads for eSports events like Evo and the Let's Watch Pro Dota etc. threads. Here are a couple of more sober takes using a PSN trophy icon because, you know, trophies.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

an esports tag would get a lot of use both legitimate and as a joke

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

I took a couple swings at thread icons but they were all trash, so here are some tiny images I made that you can use in yours.

busfahrer
Feb 9, 2012

Ceterum censeo
Carthaginem
esse delendam
I love tiny images

Edit: also, I had no trouble identifying the doom guy in that one pic

Slugnoid
Jun 23, 2006

Nap Ghost

Jesus it's hard to make a small image that's even a little bit good

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

How about one with the little guy's face from Doom doing the looking left and right eyebrow thing?

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

FactsAreUseless posted:

How about one with the little guy's face from Doom doing the looking left and right eyebrow thing?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Yes. Yes! This is amazing!

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

:yeah:

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Yes. This is it. Yes.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Slugnoid posted:

Jesus it's hard to make a small image that's even a little bit good

This isn't just a little bit good

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Grapplejack posted:

I took a couple swings at thread icons but they were all trash, so here are some tiny images I made that you can use in yours.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

:swoon: barons please

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

If i were any good i'd make a little bejeweled one for all the little phone games like puzzle and dragon.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

No Such Thing posted:

If i were any good i'd make a little bejeweled one for all the little phone games like puzzle and dragon.
No text. Three gems, then one gets swapped in and they disappear.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

This is awesome.

Maybe a Dreamcast tag could be the 9/11 "We Forgot" tag but with the swirl in the background instead of the Twin Towers.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

What if she was doing a spell casting animation too? Like the aura or praying thing? Or maybe that "arms up, arms down" victory dance thing?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Can someone make one with Barrett that says "that &^#$# 'pizza'"? Thanks!

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Here's an :effort: piece of poo poo. I'm working on a .gif that cycles between three bigger words if someone who doesn't suck doesn't beat me to it.

If someone can reccomend a better font that'd be nice, I found an FF6 font but that replaces special characters with equipment icons and this font's special characters just look like poo poo.

AlphaKretin fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Feb 6, 2016

megane
Jun 20, 2008

FactsAreUseless posted:

No text. Three gems, then one gets swapped in and they disappear.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Ok this is absolute poo poo but I did it and maybe it'll inspire someone with actual image manipulation skills to do better. :v: I don't know what happened to the "that" and I might fix it at some point.

E:VVV Thanks for the advice, I'll work on improving that (probably finding a better font for the swearing) if I go back to it. :)

AlphaKretin fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Feb 6, 2016

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

AlphaKretin posted:

Ok this is absolute poo poo but I did it and maybe it'll inspire someone with actual image manipulation skills to do better. :v: I don't know what happened to the "that" and I might fix it at some point.

I like your original one, not every tag needs animation,

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

good

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde
Hunie Pop megathread.

Works fine.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

AlphaKretin posted:

E:VVV Thanks for the advice, I'll work on improving that (probably finding a better font for the swearing) if I go back to it. :)

I'd use a blue background, it was standard in ff6 and ff7.
Ah ok It' a pizza. Also the animation is ok.

limaCAT fucked around with this message at 06:33 on Feb 6, 2016

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

limaCAT posted:

Ah ok It' a pizza.

I hope its not too hard to tell; it was obviously scaled down pretty significantly and it sure looked like poo poo zoomed in to edit. I considered the classic text box (especially because it would have allowed lazy copying from a screenshot of the line), but I decided to run with the pizza idea when I had it.

AlphaKretin fucked around with this message at 07:11 on Feb 6, 2016

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

AlphaKretin posted:

I hope its not too hard to tell; it was obviously scaled down pretty significantly and it sure looked like poo poo zoomed in to edit. I considered the classic text box (especially because it would have allowed lazy copying from a screenshot of the line), but I decided to run with the pizza idea when I had it.

Oh, no, don't worry about that because I was with only one eye half opened since I was waking up, and checking SA still half asleep.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Got another iteration on the Barret icon. Goddamn it all these good contributions dropped wordlessly and here I am posting 5 times about this lovely one.

Rather than find another font I traced over the basic shape of the letters and drew my own symbol swearing. My main concerns:
  • Are the single quotes visible?
  • Are the symbols legible, especially the "$"?
  • Is the font too minimalist compared to the relatively detailed Barret sprite and pizza background?
  • Is there a font colour that would contrast better?

• Locked thread