Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Robiben
Jul 19, 2006

Life is...weird
Made a few more:

Last one is a walking simulator joke. Its pretty lovely imo!

Any feedback appreciated. Have no idea what fonts look good small.

Edit: Make a super quick altered beast one for no reason.

Robiben fucked around with this message at 12:23 on Feb 6, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

AlphaKretin posted:

Got another iteration on the Barret icon. Goddamn it all these good contributions dropped wordlessly and here I am posting 5 times about this lovely one.

Rather than find another font I traced over the basic shape of the letters and drew my own symbol swearing. My main concerns:
  • Are the single quotes visible?
  • Are the symbols legible, especially the "$"?
  • Is the font too minimalist compared to the relatively detailed Barret sprite and pizza background?
  • Is there a font colour that would contrast better?
I'm not sure the background works. What if you had the text animated against a simple background without Barrett, then a couple frames of Barrett's face appearing? The tiny icon thing doesn't always work.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I love this!

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Robiben posted:

Made a few more:

Last one is a walking simulator joke. Its pretty lovely imo!

Any feedback appreciated. Have no idea what fonts look good small.

Edit: Make a super quick altered beast one for no reason.

I love these too, especially the Altered Beast one.

If you don't like the walking simulator one, maybe something built around the famous "see those mountains?" meme?

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

FactsAreUseless posted:

I'm not sure the background works. What if you had the text animated against a simple background without Barrett, then a couple frames of Barrett's face appearing? The tiny icon thing doesn't always work.

Haha, well, I can't promise anything because I'm not exactly the most talented animator out there, but I can give it a shot if when I don't sleep well tonight. :v: I can certainly imagine what you mean at least.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

It's alright, I'm not making icons because I have no skills or talent whatsoever. I am a forums moderator.

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Art

Icept
Jul 11, 2001
Choosing a classic FPS tag should make the forums randomly roll between a duke/doom and quake/unreal tag for your thread

Fishbus
Aug 30, 2006

"Stuck in an RPG Pro-Tour"

Ergh, because citybuilders?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Fishbus posted:

Ergh, because citybuilders?
Amazing.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
I think a Dwarfs tag would be good. Maybe we could use it for RPG threads or something. Are there dwarfs in DOTA?

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

What about "Early Access" as static text and one of those animated "men at work"/WEBSITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION!!! signs from the 90s internet to the left? Maybe no text at all and just the animated sign. Y'know, in case someone gets around to making a Construction Simulator thread.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

What if it starts to write "EARLY ACC," then get crossed out and replaced with "FINISHED PRODUCT?"

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.

FactsAreUseless posted:

What if it starts to write "EARLY ACC," then get crossed out and replaced with "FINISHED PRODUCT?"

Personally I prefer the unanimated one that just says "Early Acc."

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Yeah I think that one works better too.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

FactsAreUseless posted:

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Holy poo poo.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Barons is real good at this

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

:cry:

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde
Can we have an E3 tag or a tag for big but non competitive gaming events?
(I was thinking about a small Atari VCS E.T. looking to the letters E.T. that become E.3., if nobody does it I will attempt to do something tomorrow. I'm also open to suggestions.)

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I think a Giant Enemy Crab tag would be a good E3 tag. Maybe with one of the little crab monsters from the original Mario Bros./Mario 3 bonus game?

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

I don't get references?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

McSpanky posted:

I don't get references?
Early access games often don't come out, or come out in a massively unfinished form.

The mask is Phanto, an enemy in Super Mario Bros. 2 that chases you when you pick up a key. He does not stop. He does not ever stop.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

FactsAreUseless posted:

I think a Giant Enemy Crab tag would be a good E3 tag. Maybe with one of the little crab monsters from the original Mario Bros./Mario 3 bonus game?

I got bored with the idea half way through so here's half a tag!

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
Oh and this one for cool games

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

FactsAreUseless posted:

Early access games often don't come out, or come out in a massively unfinished form.

The mask is Phanto, an enemy in Super Mario Bros. 2 that chases you when you pick up a key. He does not stop. He does not ever stop.

Sorry, I should've been more specific. I know what early access is but I don't understand the final screen with the blue text, and I guess I lost track of the conversation because I don't know what Phanto (who I remember) is supposed to represent as a tag.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

McSpanky posted:

Sorry, I should've been more specific. I know what early access is but I don't understand the final screen with the blue text, and I guess I lost track of the conversation because I don't know what Phanto (who I remember) is supposed to represent as a tag.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_Screen_of_Death

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

Oh and this one for cool games

I think it's too dark.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Ohhhh it's a tiny bsod! Thanks, I feel dumb now.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Excellent posts guy BARONS CYBER SKULL has donated several game keys to be handed out to the winners. I have ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA what games they are, so I'm just going to hand them out blindly in addition to avatars to the people who make awesome tags. If we end up with more awesome tags than available game keys you'll get something else I guess, no idea what yet.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
PAY RESPECTS

Canine Blues Arooo
Jan 7, 2008

when you think about it...i'm the first girl you ever spent the night with

Grimey Drawer

:perfect:

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

Not super duper pleased with how this turned out, but it was my first attempt at .gif editing at all, so I guess it could be worse.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
I want that RNG tag for the XCOM2 thread.

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

I'm not great at getting the file size down to acceptable range without sacrificing the quality too much, but I'm having fun so whatever.

Funkmaster General fucked around with this message at 22:39 on Feb 7, 2016

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

Why is barons donating keys he is most assuredly winning?

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Goodpancakes posted:

Why is barons donating keys he is most assuredly winning?

I said to give them to everyone who isn't me.

Sheesh have some faith lad!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
*misses 98% post*

• Locked thread