Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Are there enough platformers we talk about to need it's own thread tag? Mario etc could fit under the banner of "Classic", which unless I'm having a real :downs: moment is a shorter word.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Actually I missed this, this can be "retro". :v:

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Here's an :effort: piece of poo poo. I'm working on a .gif that cycles between three bigger words if someone who doesn't suck doesn't beat me to it.

If someone can reccomend a better font that'd be nice, I found an FF6 font but that replaces special characters with equipment icons and this font's special characters just look like poo poo.

AlphaKretin fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Feb 6, 2016

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Ok this is absolute poo poo but I did it and maybe it'll inspire someone with actual image manipulation skills to do better. :v: I don't know what happened to the "that" and I might fix it at some point.

E:VVV Thanks for the advice, I'll work on improving that (probably finding a better font for the swearing) if I go back to it. :)

AlphaKretin fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Feb 6, 2016

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

limaCAT posted:

Ah ok It' a pizza.

I hope its not too hard to tell; it was obviously scaled down pretty significantly and it sure looked like poo poo zoomed in to edit. I considered the classic text box (especially because it would have allowed lazy copying from a screenshot of the line), but I decided to run with the pizza idea when I had it.

AlphaKretin fucked around with this message at 07:11 on Feb 6, 2016

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Got another iteration on the Barret icon. Goddamn it all these good contributions dropped wordlessly and here I am posting 5 times about this lovely one.

Rather than find another font I traced over the basic shape of the letters and drew my own symbol swearing. My main concerns:
  • Are the single quotes visible?
  • Are the symbols legible, especially the "$"?
  • Is the font too minimalist compared to the relatively detailed Barret sprite and pizza background?
  • Is there a font colour that would contrast better?

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

FactsAreUseless posted:

I'm not sure the background works. What if you had the text animated against a simple background without Barrett, then a couple frames of Barrett's face appearing? The tiny icon thing doesn't always work.

Haha, well, I can't promise anything because I'm not exactly the most talented animator out there, but I can give it a shot if when I don't sleep well tonight. :v: I can certainly imagine what you mean at least.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Oh god it was a joke I swear

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Oh man I'm torn, the Bejewelled one from near the start looks smooth but that one's really creative.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Ahundredbux posted:

There are, like, no bad ones so far.

But seriously I spent like 0 effort and it seems like a waste of the idea (which wasn't mine) to leave the Barret one there.
I completely forgot I did the Yeah one

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

It could do with a pause, kind of like :owned: etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Scoss posted:

Fair enough. The people may decide--

Aaaaaaaa they're out of sync :supaburn:

• Locked thread