Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
I started tooling around with these. Not sure if it's the right idea to go with.

EDIT: Another one

The Kins fucked around with this message at 07:31 on Feb 2, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

bloodychill posted:

I like the mobile one a lot. The FPS one would be good except it's hard to tell at a glimpse that that's the Doom marine's head and I don't have a good suggestion for what to do about that other than use a character with more distinct features that better translates to the small size. The platformer one is too squished (text covering Mario's face and also right up against the side) but otherwise I like the coloring and font styling. The RPGs one is well-formatted but the character's head face away from the text doesn't look as good and the text in that one also doesn't contrast the background enough. Also no need for the 's'.

I really like the overall idea a representative character for each genre thread icon.
Good points. I'm not happy with the Platformer one at all, but there's no real good acronym for it. :(

Some tweaks based on your feedback:

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

AlphaKretin posted:

Are there enough platformers we talk about to need it's own thread tag? Mario etc could fit under the banner of "Classic", which unless I'm having a real :downs: moment is a shorter word.
There's already a general "Classic" tag taken from CD, duplicating tags doesn't seem like a great idea.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

limaCAT posted:

Hey, what about :siren:competitive gaming:siren:?

Good call - there's always gonna be threads for eSports events like Evo and the Let's Watch Pro Dota etc. threads. Here are a couple of more sober takes using a PSN trophy icon because, you know, trophies.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

FactsAreUseless posted:

How about one with the little guy's face from Doom doing the looking left and right eyebrow thing?

• Locked thread