Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

Gigi rename the forum:

The Vardy Party - chat poo poo get banged

Best idea since The Yohan Kebab

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

Gigi rename the forum:

The Vardy Party - chat poo poo get banged

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Vardy's gonna score a hattrick in the Euros final.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Apparently Portuguese sources are saying that Mourinho has signed an agreement to take over United.

Also, Bild is saying that Pep is being paid 20m a year to manage City.

I hope both things are true because it means next season will be fun as hell.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
Mancchester United winning things again will not be fun as hell imo

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

its about to be a spicccyyy spicy season

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

Blue Star Error posted:

Mancchester United winning things again will not be fun as hell imo

But the resulting implosion will be

4 inch cut no femmes
May 31, 2011
how can united win things with pep city around idgi

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

What's with United supporters getting all excited about Mourinho anyway? Isn't he the exact antithesis to the 'United Way' in that he plays negative football and never plays youth?

It's almost as though the 'United Way' was a bunch of mythical bullshit and all that really mattered was results no matter how they came eh?

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
Yeah but he wrote a 6 page love letter/manifesto/screed/suicide note

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Jose is a person who should take a long as gently caress holiday away from the game before getting back into it.

On the other hand pitching his black cloud right over Old Trafford is going to be funny. (except for nice guy Juan Mata)

Scherloch
Oct 28, 2010

Yeah!

Ewar Woowar posted:

What's with United supporters getting all excited about Mourinho anyway? Isn't he the exact antithesis to the 'United Way' in that he plays negative football and never plays youth?

It's almost as though the 'United Way' was a bunch of mythical bullshit and all that really mattered was results no matter how they came eh?

"The United Way" is indeed mythical bullshit, and most (normal) United fans will tell you so. It's just a phrase the people over at RedCafe likes to trot out in order to feel superior. They can't really agree on what the United Way is, other than that it exists and something about winning.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

hadji murad posted:

Jose is a person who should take a long as gently caress holiday away from the game before getting back into it.

On the other hand pitching his black cloud right over Old Trafford is going to be funny. (except for nice guy Juan Mata)

Not a problem, we'll have him back at Chelsea.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Scherloch posted:

"The United Way" is indeed mythical bullshit, and most (normal) United fans will tell you so. It's just a phrase the people over at RedCafe likes to trot out in order to feel superior. They can't really agree on what the United Way is, other than that it exists and something about winning.

It means buying the league but they can't do that anymore so rip

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches

Ewar Woowar posted:

I dont know anyone whos excited at the prospect of mourinho tbh

Scherloch posted:

Fans just want to see attacking football and thats about it. You can get away with not doing that when youre winning.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

The Big Taff Man posted:

This guy looks pretty excited

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae

The Big Taff Man posted:

Fans just want to see attacking football and thats about it. You can get away with not doing that when youre winning.

This pretty much sums it up.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

Ewar Woowar posted:

This guy looks pretty excited

Yeah but he's one of the exceptions. I can tell you that pretty much through mid december to mid Jan every team that came to Old Trafford had their supporters start Jose Mourinho chants. You didnt hear that picked up by the supporters in the United end. Even at one point when Rooney missed a good chance while he was in really bad form a guy behind me started a "You Scouse Bastard" chant with a few of his mates but the rest of the stand started booing them and giving them abuse and they stopped.

People like that guy are trying to get on TV. I mean you have to be a massive oval office to buy a scarf featuring a guy who isnt even the manager. Its worse than a half and half scarf imo.

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

All shall love me and despair!

The Big Taff Man posted:

People like that guy are trying to get on TV. I mean you have to be a massive oval office to buy a scarf featuring a guy who isnt even the manager. Its worse than a half and half scarf imo.

Yeah, but those scarves are probably pretty cheap in his part of London

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
mourinho was poo poo and insane this whole season. chelsea were never worse. I don't understand why any club would want him?

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

oliwan posted:

mourinho was poo poo and insane this whole season. chelsea were never worse. I don't understand why any club would want him?

He won the league last year and has won a whole mess of trophies. Most clubs will be willing to give him a chance to prove that last year was a one-off and the result of known shitbags throwing an extended hissy fit.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

oliwan posted:

Remember when Green and Gold Til The Club Gets Sold actually turned out to be Green and Gold Til The Club Wins One Trophy? Mourinho will get them that one trophy short term, put a lid on this unrest for at least the next three years, and the Glazers can start planning how many yachts they can buy in the interim.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
Liverpool's supposed salvation went to China after all.

http://shakhtar.com/en/news/37129

This league is done. China will rule football soon enough.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

brocked posted:

Yeah, but those scarves are probably pretty cheap in his part of London

They sell them outside Old Trafford, they sell all kinds of ridiculous tat on the stalls there tho. Like tshirts with pics of Gerrard or Terry on making fun of when they slipped over, what kind of United fan would buy a tshirt with a pic of them on it?

Just for the record I'm not totally opposed to Mourinho but I dont think he's the ideal fit. But then I'm not sure who the ideal fit is?

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
What's the reason Chinese teams are all of a sudden paying so much for players? Seems odd.

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

They were even trying to make a deal with the Portuguese league that their second tier squads must have a Chinese player each so there's some long term thinking going on here too. Inscrutable.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

T Bowl posted:

What's the reason Chinese teams are all of a sudden paying so much for players? Seems odd.

Chinese millionaires laundering their money before Chinese economy /currency is going totally tits up

Kwagga
Jun 11, 2002

I am small

Brony Car posted:

Yeah you'd like that wouldn't you

Hardflip
Jul 21, 2007

https://twitter.com/ManUtd/status/695622930827493377

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

What a week it's been.
So much to talk about.
And so many things we can't talk about.

e;f;b oops

but, uh, what the hell?

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Official comic book movie partner.

Panama Red
Jul 30, 2003

Only in America could you find a way to earn a healthy buck and still keep your attitude on self destruct

Brony Car posted:

Chinese overlords, please take Falcao from us

ukle
Nov 28, 2005

Brendan Rodgers posted:

Official comic book movie partner.

For reals.

http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-Features/Club-News/2016/Feb/manchester-united-announce-global-partnership-with-20th-century-fox.aspx

Woodward may be poo poo at running a football club, but drat is he the best at pimping a brand.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YAZnyE-I7dg

ukle fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Feb 5, 2016

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
That's pretty cringey

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
pretty sure all he does is let them use the logo then the studio's creative team does the actual ad work

so he's not a "genius" he's just bleeding hollywood for some $ and spending it on Memphis Depay's wages

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

oliwan posted:

Some people have memories longer than half a season

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

Blue Star Error posted:

Some people have memories longer than half a season

Those people must be some kind of brain freaks.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text
Also the summer transfer for Chelsea was utter poo poo. Maybe that's Mourinho's fault though.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

I, for one, look forward to the Mourinho/United shitshow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003
More stories about Mourinho to United. What is his purported fascination with the club though? "The United way"? Our '659 million' plastics? Our wages?

• Locked thread