Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
*Refreshes iTunes furiously* :f5:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

PirateBob posted:

More stories about Mourinho to United. What is his purported fascination with the club though? "The United way"? Our '659 million' plastics? Our wages?
They are the New York Yankees of footie.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;
He'd have managed the two biggest teams in the world.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches

Weaponized Cum posted:

pretty sure all he does is let them use the logo then the studio's creative team does the actual ad work

so he's not a "genius" he's just bleeding hollywood for some $ and spending it on Memphis Depay's wages

United have had a deal with 20th century fox for a while now, they had a few players tweet about the Reverant

Panama Red
Jul 30, 2003

Only in America could you find a way to earn a healthy buck and still keep your attitude on self destruct
Now the Beeb is saying Mou to Man U: http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/35508280

quote:

Manchester United have held talks with representatives of former Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho.

The 53-year-old Portuguese, who was sacked by the Blues in December, is increasingly hopeful of succeeding Louis van Gaal at Old Trafford.

No agreement has been reached, and the club have made no comment, but negotiations have begun.

Dutchman Van Gaal, 64, is expected to leave United at the end of the season - one year earlier than scheduled.

That would leave the way clear for Mourinho, who is known to be excited by the prospect of taking over at Old Trafford.

Well at least Arsenal vs Man Utd will be :getin: again

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

The Big Taff Man posted:

Just for the record I'm not totally opposed to Mourinho but I dont think he's the ideal fit. But then I'm not sure who the ideal fit is?

I think he's one of the best of several imperfect options. United aren't in a great place right now and desperately need someone who can get results as the next manager, or things might go from "not great" to "bad". There aren't too many of those available.

The Big Taff Man posted:

United have had a deal with 20th century fox for a while now, they had a few players tweet about the Reverant

Had a good lol about those. They couldn't have made those tweets seem any more dictated by some marketing drone if they tried.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
E: didn't read the whole post

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

PirateBob posted:

More stories about Mourinho to United. What is his purported fascination with the club though? "The United way"? Our '659 million' plastics? Our wages?

yeah no idea why he'd want to manage by far the biggest club in england, with a shitload of money behind him

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
Jorge Mendes will get another island if Mourinho goes to Man-U.

8raz
Jun 22, 2007

He's Scouse, He's Sound.
Surely Gary Neville has earned his chance.

He played for Utd which means he's real smart and did some heavily prepped TV work. How hard can it be?

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
Terry to United

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Brony Car posted:

Jorge Mendes will get another island if Mourinho goes to Man-U.

Man U is already on the Mendes gravy train.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

8raz posted:

Surely Gary Neville has earned his chance.

He played for Utd which means he's real smart and did some heavily prepped TV work. How hard can it be?

And don't forget his most recent accomplishment, leading Valencia to a heroic 7-0 loss against Barcelona.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque puņ essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

Waking up this morning, it's still as much of an awful idea as I said it was three years ago, before being validated in that

However, I can confirm that I will not show up at the stadium with an A4 sign to boo the announcement, because I am not a vacuous London oval office

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
You want at least A3 for it to be noticed anyway

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

better yet get AClue

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Leicester play at 7:45am local time which is even more inconvenient when you're still awake like I am.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Josh Lyman posted:

Leicester play at 7:45am local time which is even more inconvenient when you're still awake like I am.

on the plus side. if you miss the game maybe we won't have to read your posts

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

Josh Lyman posted:

That's why you have to plan ahead, Josh

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
https://twitter.com/SkySportsNewsHQ/status/695941058316935168

Tasty. Pretty sure he melted down after seeing his squad sheet.

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
I miss him already.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Lol Pato is 6 weeks away from being fit enough to play. Its like when Arsenal bought that Swedish guy with the broken back.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Theres no GDT so I just want to say

gently caress off Manchester City!

Grimble
Jul 7, 2002

He will build a castle with garden on an island called Cheshire, and he is permitted to breed.
The best City, Leicester City.

Also Joe Fart

Where's the mdt?

Woodenlung
Dec 10, 2013

Calculating Infinity
This is premier league. A win for the English fighting spirit, casual racism and transphobia.

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:
I wonder what other countries make of Leicester. Do they think it's an amazing story, are they using it as proof that the Premier League is a complete joke, or, more likely, do they not give the slightest poo poo?

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

HJB posted:

I wonder what other countries make of Leicester. Do they think it's an amazing story, are they using it as proof that the Premier League is a complete joke, or, more likely, do they not give the slightest poo poo?

If it's a country that can play football it's the last one

If it's not a country that can play football, everyone is a plastic of one of the teams not winning the league this year and so mostly crying bitch tears and grasping at straws about how at least their rivals won't win it either

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
At least I'm not having to watch Nasri making his inevitable contribution to this shite, it's a very thin silver lining

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Hahaha City

Leicester :getin:

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup
Leicester are gonna do it lads

What a time

MoPZiG
Jun 6, 2006

Tsaedje posted:

At least I'm not having to watch Nasri making his inevitable contribution to this shite, it's a very thin silver lining

you guys should sell him to China.

ayb
Sep 12, 2003
Kills Drifters for erections
how much is Leicester going to make selling off their players to the big clubs this summer

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

lester are giving me an erection

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Leicester won't do it. If anything Spurs will if man citty keep non performing god can't wait for pep gently caress pellegrino Mancini was the best

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
lester just beat city 3-1 at the etihad and still people are saying they can't do it lol.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
Liverpool joke club status confirmed :(

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Aston Villa are only 7 points off safety

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

straight up brolic posted:

Aston Villa are only 7 points off safety

Great Escape status: confirmed

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Spurs winning the league would cause some incredible Arsenal fan meltdowns so I kind of want to see that, but I also want to see Leicester take it all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

MY CONTEMPT FOR MY OWN EMPLOYEES IS ONLY MATCHED BY MY LOVE FOR TOM BRADY'S SWEATY MAGA BALLS

triple sulk posted:

Spurs winning the league would cause some incredible Arsenal fan meltdowns so I kind of want to see that, but I also want to see Leicester take it all.

This but also because I support Spurs and would be rather pleased if they won

• Locked thread