Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Libertad!
Oct 30, 2013

You can have the last word, but I'll have the last laugh!

gradenko_2000 posted:

If it helps, I can run a oneshot of something so there's less pressure. I was thinking of either DCC or Shadowrun

I'm game for anything. Although if you had to ask, I'd be keener on Dungeon Crawl Classics than Shadowrun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
That's fine. I'll be there at our usual time comewhatmay.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
I am a stupid person: I can only be here tonight an hour because we start at 8pm EST, not 7pm EST. gently caress.

Libertad!
Oct 30, 2013

Update: a big storm moved into the area about 20 minutes ago, causing the skies to darken 3 hours early. In case I suddenly disconnect, that is probably why.

Tangent: Why oh why do these storms come in when I'm gaming?! It's been like since for a little over a week now.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Pausing in the middle of combat, when we come back, it'll be Laurelai's turn

Stats of the monsters, notes for me, please do not read :)

35 naga
7 dead
4/9 leader HP
1/8 wounded HP
13 with tridents
15 with crossbows

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Folks, I'm sorry but I have to cancel tonight's game. My cat might be sick and I need to take her to the vet.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
Backup?

Covok
May 27, 2013

Actually, I've been doing a read through of Marvel Heroic Roleplaying. Vampire or a one shot of that? It'd be pregen only for very easy to infer reasons.

Libertad!
Oct 30, 2013

Sorry to hear that, gradenko. Hope she gets well soon!

Backup game ideas if Covok and Jen don't feel like running:

Weavebound: Godbound setting hack where the PCs are now-mortal Faerunian gods during the Time of Troubles.

Shadowbrook Manor: Once a powerful proponent of Law, the Archmage Tazimack the Red was eventually driven mad by a fear of mortality. As he slipped into insanity his retirement home began to reflect the chaotic bent of his mind. Long after Tazimack's unnaturally animated body has disintegrated, his manor house remains as a shadow cast by a twisted intellect. Can the characters bring order to this chaos?

A Labyrinth Lord Compatible short dungeon crawl using the Solo Heroes rules hack.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Jen told me she can't make it either.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
I'm afraid I can't make tomorrow's game, guys, I'm getting pulled in to work.

Feel free to use the time for something else, like if Jen wants to run her Numenera game or whatnot.

ScaryJen
Jan 27, 2008

Keepin' it classy.
College Slice
I'll probably still just do Numenera on Wednesday, but I'd be up for running Vampire or Fiasco tomorrow if you guys are game.

Covok
May 27, 2013

I'm down for whatever.

Libertad!
Oct 30, 2013

Game tomorrow?

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Yes :)

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
For reference and full disclosure, these are the critical hit tables I'm using:

They're based on Dragon Magazine #39

ScaryJen
Jan 27, 2008

Keepin' it classy.
College Slice
How many gold pieces do brayettes cost in this game?

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Forgive my ignorance. What are brayettes, and do they do?

ScaryJen
Jan 27, 2008

Keepin' it classy.
College Slice
Well, it's....

goofy armor for your dingus

...and the funniest thing on that chart.

Covok
May 27, 2013

ScaryJen posted:

Well, it's....

goofy armor for your dingus

...and the funniest thing on that chart.

The weirdest and most disturbing thing about this armor is that it assumes that you're hard during a battle. You have to be a pretty sick gently caress to have a raging boner while people are getting slaughtered.

Libertad!
Oct 30, 2013

It's actually the perfect counterpart to boobplate.

Covok
May 27, 2013

August 3rd - Jen's Numenera Campaign
August 10th - Ray Runs Shadows of the Demon Lord
August 17th - Jen's Numenera Campaign
August 24th - Nick Runs The Ninja Crusade 2nd Edition (Tentative)

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Game's on for tonight. See you later, folks.

Covok
May 27, 2013

August 9th -- Ray Runs Shadows of the Demon Lord
August 10th - Ninja Crusade 2nd Edition
August 24th - Tooth and Claw run by Jen or Hillfolk run by Nick

ScaryJen
Jan 27, 2008

Keepin' it classy.
College Slice

Covok posted:

August 9th -- Ray Runs Shadows of the Demon Lord
August 10th - Ninja Crusade 2nd Edition
August 24th - Tooth and Claw run by Jen or Hillfolk run by Nick

Update: On account of the source material being too racist, Jen's Numenera campaign will henceforth be replaced on the schedule with Jen's OWoD Vampire: The Masquerade game.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Yeah I saw Nick's post in the TG Industry thread, and yikes. Good call.

Covok
May 27, 2013

We were right for dropping it.

ScaryJen
Jan 27, 2008

Keepin' it classy.
College Slice

Hoooooly loving poo poo.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
I'm game for continuing AD&D tomorrow.

ScaryJen
Jan 27, 2008

Keepin' it classy.
College Slice
Come to Valtris' throne room if u want an rear end kicking

Covok
May 27, 2013

Will be there for AD&D.

Libertad!
Oct 30, 2013

Same, will be there.

Libertad!
Oct 30, 2013

So, Delta Green or Dracula Dossier this Tuesday?

Edit: By the way, I can run Shadow of the Demon Lord one-shot this Wednesday for folks if anybody's interested.

Libertad! fucked around with this message at 06:02 on Aug 22, 2016

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Delta Green. You can grab the Need to Know basic game and it'll have pregens for you to use.

Just change the name and other details like gender and bonds and motivations, if you'd like.

Covok
May 27, 2013

I call Cornwell. Except, I am changing his name to Agent Scully Mulder.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Are we using pregens or are we making characters for tonight?

Covok
May 27, 2013

Found these pregenerated characters.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
I'll be up for a game tomorrow.

Covok
May 27, 2013

gradenko_2000 posted:

I'll be up for a game tomorrow.

This might be me weirdly misinterpreting, but does this mean you want someone else to run or are you just saying "I'm good to run the game tomorrow?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Covok posted:

This might be me weirdly misinterpreting, but does this mean you want someone else to run or are you just saying "I'm good to run the game tomorrow?"

I will be awake for a game tomorrow?

Yeah this is me halfway-equivocating that I'm open to letting someone else GM if they're more prepped than me, but I can run AD&D regardless.

• Locked thread