Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator
it's a shame that heavy metal 2000 is among the worst movies ever made tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slumdoge millionare
Feb 17, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer

Champenema posted:

touching my inner child right now thanks

eat fresh

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

drat horror queefs posted:

it's a shame that heavy metal 2000 is among the worst movies ever made tho

While I do not "disagree" with you, I am a huge fan of Micheal Ironsides. Regardless of the stupid loving movies, with the stupidest loving lines they want him to delivery. See, Starship Troopers. "YOU KNOW WHAT TO DO!"

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

VendaGoat posted:

Now, with all of that dog poo poo being said, here is my message to you.

Figure the gently caress out what it is you are, what it is you strive for, what it is you know and understand, what it is you enjoy and what it is you loathe and GO FORTH AND DO as such. Because no one. Not any other of you millennial brethren. None of my generation of drop out, burn outs and slackers. Not one of the unknown fucks of whatever the next generation will be known as. Will ever, give so much as a poo poo, as you will, towards what it is you are Passionate about.

An it harm none, you rat loving goons, do, what the gently caress, you will.

Ok, going back to my alcohol, heated home, electricity and blu-ray dvd of Heavy Metal. Gonna enjoy myself. I hope you do as well.

Namaste.

I'm a follower. :staredog:

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Wasn't Loc-Nar the name of Adebisi in that second mummy movie?

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring
is no one going to mention the giant lines of cocaine that john candy and his alien buddy do in their spaceship?

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Enfield posted:

my favorite part of heavy metal was the aliens snorting space drugs

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Luvcow posted:

is no one going to mention the giant lines of cocaine that john candy and his alien buddy do in their spaceship?

NOSE DIVE!

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

THIS!

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
btw burn after reading is pretty good and funny! outta my way jerkasses

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

VendaGoat posted:

NOSE DIVE!

found it

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien
If you read some mid '80's HM magazine, it's kind of a lot like watching Liquid Television. Also Charles Burns is the best.

FishionMailed
Feb 2, 2014

by zen death robot
uncle Worf is off his meds again

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

VendaGoat posted:

While I do not "disagree" with you, I am a huge fan of Micheal Ironsides. Regardless of the stupid loving movies, with the stupidest loving lines they want him to delivery. See, Starship Troopers. "YOU KNOW WHAT TO DO!"

Please tell me you've seen Turbo Kid on Netflix

Luvcow posted:

I linked the scene on the first page, his alien buddy is Harold Ramis

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
I remember like, a little bit before the south park episode some cable channel actually had this playing on afternoon. I turned it on and was confused because it was like some adult swim cartoon but it was mid-day and on the wrong channel. I think they made some sort of video game with the Heavy Metal license.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

VendaGoat posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7-ILz0YOVE
simultaneously gave me a love of the b-17 and scared the poo poo outta me.

In my wasted youth, I managed to tune into TNT just as this sequence was starting. It automatically made this the coolest movie ever made

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Arkanomen posted:

I remember like, a little bit before the south park episode some cable channel actually had this playing on afternoon. I turned it on and was confused because it was like some adult swim cartoon but it was mid-day and on the wrong channel. I think they made some sort of video game with the Heavy Metal license.

I think it was Heavy Metal FAKK2 or something like that

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
My favorite part was the ghoul king who rode on a giant bat.

Mange Mite posted:

I think it was Heavy Metal FAKK2 or something like that

I thought that movie was great when it came out. I was a dumb kid. But bonus points for Michael Ironside.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I wish more movies were like Heavy Metal :smith:

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
i wish i was dead :(

wireframeskull
Dec 3, 2006

gently caress yeah OP

hell yes

loved those space titties

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

dad gay. so what posted:

i wish i was dead :(

So do we

pr0k
Jan 16, 2001

"Well if it's gonna be
that kind of party..."

bloodysabbath posted:

OP if you run out of alcohol, there's BEER. In the fridge!

Yeah. New York. Big deal.

loving awesome movie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGKNaIXtBZQ

RIGHT... TWELVE... DEGREES.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

VikingSkull posted:

Please tell me you've seen Turbo Kid on Netflix

Nope, but now I will have to.

pr0k
Jan 16, 2001

"Well if it's gonna be
that kind of party..."
put it on my list too

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

thank you for your time

Tenacious J
Nov 20, 2002

The ramblings of a schizophrenic person

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams
Mention the movie and not the loving MAGAZINE it's based on? Jesus OP, you need some loving culture you loving cultureless quack!

The magazine did kick rear end.

FlimFlam Imam fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Feb 2, 2016

thoughts and prayers
Apr 22, 2013

Love heals all wounds. We hope you continually carry love in your heart. Today and always, may loving memories bring you peace, comfort, and strength. We sympathize with the family of (Name). We shall never forget you in our prayers and thoughts. I am at a loss for words during this sorrowful time.

Watch it, if only to realize how pervy and pathetic the Boomers were

It's so embarrassingly adolescent and that's what passed for 'adult'

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014
Heavy Metal is clearly a product of the pre-Internet. era, and is good. But I understand how kids who grew up watching hentai and record-breaking gangbangs aren't going to be impressed by cartoon bush.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

a happy snowman posted:

-posted from Iphone

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)
im already a poo poo-poster op but thanks for the pep talk

Fellbat
Feb 23, 2014
Given the thread that was about them, there are a surprising amount of goons who like steely dan. They were pretty rad in this too.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Nation posted:

im already a poo poo-poster op but thanks for the pep talk

Now get in there and GIVE EM HELL!

thoughts and prayers
Apr 22, 2013

Love heals all wounds. We hope you continually carry love in your heart. Today and always, may loving memories bring you peace, comfort, and strength. We sympathize with the family of (Name). We shall never forget you in our prayers and thoughts. I am at a loss for words during this sorrowful time.

etalian posted:

-posted from Iphone

If there's an insult there IDGI

thoughts and prayers fucked around with this message at 11:32 on Feb 3, 2016

thoughts and prayers
Apr 22, 2013

Agag posted:

Heavy Metal is clearly a product of the pre-Internet. era, and is good. But I understand how kids who grew up watching hentai and record-breaking gangbangs aren't going to be impressed by cartoon bush.

The best pre-Internet animated movie is clearly Fritz the Cat

watching sensitive millennials freak out about OMG ALL THE RACIZM is fun

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost

VendaGoat posted:

If you were so inclined, and a fan of the movie The 5th element, you could draw the most amazing parallels between the first story and it. This then reflects on Luc Besson, the creator of the 5th Element and so on and so forth. There is your first bit.

It actually reflects on French artist Mœbius, who did concept art for 5th Element. He was one of the founders of the original Métal Hurlant ("Howling Metal") magazine series in 1974, which became Heavy Metal in the USA in 1977 with English translations from the original French.

He actually sued Besson for using one of his stories as inspiration. (He lost.)

The original French Métal Hurlant actually had a TV series in 2012. It aired on SyFy in 2014 but got lovely ratings. Like the magazine and movie each episode is its own self contained story. The USA Blu-Ray with all 12 episodes is only $22.19 on Amazon.

Maldoror fucked around with this message at 12:44 on Feb 3, 2016

pr0k
Jan 16, 2001

"Well if it's gonna be
that kind of party..."

Mad Monk posted:

The magazine did kick rear end.

I actually had a subscription as a kid in the 80's. It wasn't all cartoon titties, either. A lot of mindbending poo poo.

buckets of buckets
Apr 8, 2012

CHECK OUT MY AWESOME POSTS
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=114&perpage=40#post447051278

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=91&perpage=40#post444280066

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3818944&pagenumber=196&perpage=40#post472627338

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3788178&pagenumber=405&perpage=40#post474195694

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3831643&pagenumber=5&perpage=40#post475694634
heavy metal noyssssssss

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

a happy snowman posted:

It wasn't for adults. They said it was, but really only teenagers bought that poo poo.

pr0k posted:

I actually had a subscription as a kid in the 80's. It wasn't all cartoon titties, either. A lot of mindbending poo poo.

Gipsy was the 90's, but still prolly one of the best serials from Heavy Metal

• Locked thread