Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

and now she wants a lifetime supply

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/woman-gets-waferless-kitkat-demands-083724210.html

quote:

A woman is demanding a lifetime supply of KitKats after she bought a packet of the chocolatey treats without any wafer.

Saima Ahmad, 20, a law student from Enfield, north London, purchased a multipack of eight KitKat bars from a supermarket for £2 last month.
“I’m hoping they will apologise to me and in future focus more on quality of their product.

“I wouldn’t rule out taking this further if Nestle do not apologise or compensate me adequately.

“As I mentioned in my letter of complaint, an unlimited supply of KitKat would do.

“Nestle have a huge following and I don’t think these mistakes are acceptable.”

I hope Nestle trolls the poo poo out of this dummy

but more likely they will cave and give her what she wants, in which case I hope they either deliver a lifetime's supply of KitKats all at once to her apartment, or that she eats herself into diabetes and sues Nestle a second time

also :lol: Yahoo News what is this 2007

I was gonna make a joke about 2 pounds being a lot for a KitKat but last time I was in England the Pound was like $2.10, guess holding out on the Euro conversion isn't going too well v:v:v

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD
A law student, you say..

*yawn*

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

I think the real plot twist is that this story of "fat lady tries to publicly shame major corporation into free chocolate for life" comes to you not from America but from the UK

how does that feel, England

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
what a dumb whiner. i've got a solid chocolate kit kat before, thats just what happens. consider it a blessing, not a curse

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

lol it's funny bcuz she looks like the cross section of a kitkat

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
When it doesn't have a wafer it's justa normal chocolate bar, OP.

You essentially just alerted us to the headline "woman eats normal chocolate bar."

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
if she sent them a polite letter just saying this she would have got minimum a free case of chocolate bars from some PR person:

quote:

just to let you know, i recieved one of your KiKat Brand chocolate bars in store X in area Y, it has the batch number XXXXXX on the pack. It did not contain any of the normal wafer KitKat is know for. I like chocolate, but if i wanted a pure chocolate bar i wouldhave bought something from your competetors :v: I just wanted to let you guys know so that you might improve your quality control. thanks!

PR people eat that up and have a big bidget for freebies. but if you come at them like a whiney baby (who has no legally actionable case) then you will get squat. i bet you could get all kinds of free poo poo out of PR people if you just invented polite stories about random products

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Applewhite posted:

When it doesn't have a wafer it's justa normal chocolate bar, OP.

You essentially just alerted us to the headline "woman eats normal chocolate bar, demands free chocolate for life from candy company"

ftfy

I mean I guess people filing ridiculously stupid lawsuits is nothing new either but IMO this one is particularly ridiculous

Rutibex posted:

if she sent them a polite letter just saying this she would have got minimum a free case of chocolate bars from some PR person:

PR people eat that up and have a big bidget for freebies. but if you come at them like a whiney baby (who has no legally actionable case) then you will get squat. i bet you could get all kinds of free poo poo out of PR people if you just invented polite stories about random products

This is totally true, I wrote a nice sincere letter to Starbucks when I was a kid basically saying "hey this major location had no soap in the bathroom, if I can't wash my hands how can the people making my coffee" and I got a handwritten apology along with like $100 of free drink coupons. If I had a freebie budget I'd probably hoard it all for the 1-in-1,000 person who didn't write some sort of horrifyingly rude and entitled letter too

Snow Cone Capone fucked around with this message at 03:39 on Feb 2, 2016

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx
she is muslim

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Rutibex posted:

my mother complained about toilet paper getting smaller once and she got a huge box of free toilet paper in the mail as well as a huge drum of human poo poo to wipe!!

Shaquin
May 12, 2007
She look like a star wars character with that overdone burka

Marv Hushman
Jun 2, 2010

Freedom Ain't Free
:911::911::911:
Well then there's hope for a class action suit in Mitch Hedberg's honor against Hershey for imprinting the name and robbing us all of chocolate.

You will all receive a check for 17 cents or one waferless Kit Kat.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
How do they get the "m"s on each individual M&M?

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

Applewhite posted:

How do they get the "m"s on each individual M&M?

they use the Skittle S twice really close together

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

why the feds worried bout me clockin on this corner/
when there's politicians out here gettin popped in arizona
finally the social justice warrior we need

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

This thread is now also about chocolate-coated wafer candies

Anyone who hasn't been to Israel (or your local International Foods aisle) is missing out on the true chocolate-coated wafer messiah

rabble rabble
Mar 24, 2015

Nap Ghost
gotta say, I think I could live several lifetimes and never give a poo poo about this op. what's in it for me?

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

Nestle CEO upon reading this complaint letter: "give me a break"

rabble rabble
Mar 24, 2015

Nap Ghost
oh I missed your thread pivot, well done, big wafer chocolate bar fan here

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx
This is like Ahmed's clock all over again

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax

Rutibex posted:

Saying how disappointed you are on twitter/Facebook also works. Companies freak about that poo poo.

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

social vegan posted:

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

social vegan posted:

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Get a Clark bar idiot.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

rabble rabble posted:

oh I missed your thread pivot, well done, big wafer chocolate bar fan here

It sucks, Japan gets poo poo like "over 200 different flavours since 2000, including ginger ale, soy sauce, creme brulee, green tea, and banana"

Meanwhile here in the USA

quote:

Kit Kat Milk Chocolate is made for the North American market with the controversial ingredient PGPR (polyglycerol polyricinoleate, E476, aka Palsgaard 4150),[37] which is used as a replacement for cocoa butter.[38] The FDA has determined it to be "safe for humans as long as you restrict your intake to 7.5 milligrams per kilogram of body weight. Otherwise you'd be open to reversible liver enlargement at higher intakes.

BigBoss posted:

Saying how disappointed you are on twitter/Facebook also works. Companies freak about that poo poo.

I tried this poo poo with Motorola and they didn't budge

The worst part is I'm such a loving impotent consumer I'm totally buying another Motorola phone too

VVVVVVVVVVVV It's basically them and Samsung at this point for Android phones that don't suck (HTC has that 1 phone too I guess)

Snow Cone Capone fucked around with this message at 03:58 on Feb 2, 2016

Archives
Nov 23, 2008

drunk asian neighbor posted:

It sucks, Japan gets poo poo like "over 200 different flavours since 2000, including ginger ale, soy sauce, creme brulee, green tea, and banana"

Meanwhile here in the USA

I tried this poo poo with Motorola and they didn't budge

The worst part is I'm such a loving impotent consumer I'm totally buying another Motorola phone too

lol what is this 1998 does motorola even make phones anymore?

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

What if Hitler invented the BMW i3 Subcompact Electric car?

Rutibex posted:

if she sent them a polite letter just saying this she would have got minimum a free case of chocolate bars from some PR person

Seriously if you want free poo poo from a major food company just send them a letter complaining about random poo poo, they will almost always send you some free coupons.

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring
stone her to death

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring
but with kit kats, endless kit kats

Fuck da Mods
Jun 27, 2013

fina get poz'd? :cabot: :gizz: :baby:
I want to marry the woman

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

fast forward one year later

This lady is practically drowning in kitkats. She is always having breaks. She can't work. Her boss needs her to work but she's always on a break. She loses her job. She can't see her family for more than 5 minutes at a time and only because they all took up smoking.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender

This thread is now also about chocolate-coated wafer candies

Anyone who hasn't been to Israel (or your local International Foods aisle) is missing out on the true chocolate-coated wafer messiah

Death to this candy bar.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Node posted:

Death to this candy bar.

delicious candy cares not for your paltry ideas of religion or politics

allahu snack bar

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL
she has a point, but yahoo "news" is like "shes retarded".

and of course its a law student.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

loving hell how stupid can she be.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Orkin Mang posted:

my mother complained about toilet paper getting smaller once and she got a huge box of free toilet paper in the mail as well as a huge drum of human poo poo to wipe!!

lmao

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Orkin Mang posted:

I don't see how your mom getting free toilet paper and you being born is related though?

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost
There used to be a site that sold tons of Japanese flavored Kit Kats that's gone now, I miss that.

I never got to try sweet potato and matcha tea :\

Setzer Gabbiani
Oct 13, 2004

I hope Nestle trolls the poo poo out of this dummy

This is a marketing nightmare if they respond the wrong way and nestle knows it

people are also still screaming about nestle being the cause of california's water issues for some reason, so they have to tread carefully to avoid being on double-secret shitlord watch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Setzer Gabbiani posted:

people are also still screaming about nestle being the cause of california's water issues for some reason, so they have to tread carefully to avoid being on double-secret shitlord watch

Lol yeah. I remember everyone saying that the Nestle water bottling plant near Sacramento didn't pay for the water and didn't pay property taxes because corporations are evil!!!!, but according to the news like a year ago, they do, in fact, pay for the water. They pay more than other companies for some reason even.

• Locked thread