Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
This particular Iowa State team seems like a really bad one to play WVU's style against.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Bird in a Blender posted:

ISU plays way too sloppy against this WVU press.

Yeah it's weird because they're generally good about taking care of the ball, have one of the least turnover prone guards in the country running the offense, and have several guys who can handle it and pass reasonably well

The bigger issue is that they're getting murdered on the boards though

MourningView fucked around with this message at 04:30 on Feb 3, 2016

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Thoguh posted:

Someday WVU will be forced to actually play basketball.

does actual basketball not include boxing out or what

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Matey posted:

also gently caress brannen greene

This is a day late but lol

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Michigan you should maybe not leave Bryn Forbes wide open

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
I do not know that Michigan's offensive scheme of having Irvin or Walton stand motionless holding the ball at the top of key for 10 seconds and then launching a contested deep three is a great one

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Oklahoma State is loving garbage

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Grittybeard posted:

I'm not sure why this popped into my head watching this terrible game, but is Georges Niang any sort of NBA prospect? Or is he too short/too unathletic to stay a matchup problem at the next level?

Someone will take a flier on him in the second round but not really. Morris is the best NBA prospect on that team

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Benne posted:

I keep hearing that Providence is good but every time I see them on TV they're the least-convincing Top 15 team

They're only 45 in KenPom for whatever weight you want to give that

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

ColdBlooded posted:

Purdue has yet to shoot a FT 6 minutes into the 2nd half at Maryland.
Also, it's comical how much Dakich hates Purdue.

Dakich is complete garbage.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Pretty happy Diamond Stone isn't gonna be in the Big Ten for more than a year

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Purdue's guards are so loving bad

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
I love the part of seemingly every Iowa game where Pete Jok goes on a 12-0 run by himself

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Benne posted:

Why is Maryland playing a Division II can this late in the year :confused:

I think the game got moved from earlier in the year for some reason but I don't remember what.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
It's really funny that McKay got his suspension bumped up at least another game just because he couldn't shut up on Twitter. Although it was very nice of him to wait until ISU hit one of the easiest two game stretches of their schedule to suddenly become too big of a locker room cancer to ignore

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Scrapez posted:

Iowa's regressing...

Edit: lucky to get that win. Iowa's defense just has not been good the last few games. Our guards are getting abused off the dribble leading to wide open shots for the other team.

Gessel is excellent passing the ball it's just unfortunate he can't score. It's a liability at times on offense.

Dom Uhl is having a big sophomore slump. Looks lost out there half the time.

I'm a little worried about the last four games after Penn State. Could lose them all if they play like tonight.

Uhl has been way better this year than he was last on the whole so I don't know how it's a sophomore slump but he and the rest of the bench have definitely hit a wall in the last three or four games

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Woodbury was kinda crap even when he wasn't in foul trouble in this game but he's been huge this season. He took a gigantic leap forward. He's been one of the better rebounders in the conference and has become a solid pick and roll finisher, in addition to his usual solid post defense. Some people are always going to hate on him because he doesn't block shots or dunk (and because he got overrated coming out of high school; that UNC offer really skewed expectations and has hurt his rep) but he's always been a valuable player and it's cool to see him have such a good senior year

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Zypher posted:

Counterpoint: Big Ten basketball is unwatchable regardless of camera angle

your avatar isn't the only thing from 2006

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Iowa is trash now, especially on defense, and are being saved by an easy stretch of schedule

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Thoguh posted:

Hey guyz. How's basketball going today?

Lol

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Pretty lucky for ISU that Jameel McKay was only an unplayable team cancer again against the worst team in the conference and is reportedly okay to play again against a ranked opponent.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
No you're right it's definitely totally a coincidence that Prohm decided to send a message to him exclusively in games against the three worst teams in the Big 12.

I don't actually care beyond thinking that it's kinda funny but come on, dude.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Iowa is bad now

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Hello Towel posted:

Welp, Indiana is making GBS threads the bed without Johnson.

I just hope he's back for Iowa, or we're hosed.

We lost to penn state and almost lost to Minnesota so nah

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Iowa is garbage

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Tempted to vote for Trump on the off chance he will have Dom Uhl deported

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

OctoberBlues posted:

That is a very problematic thing to say.

He might deport Peter Jok too.

Ah poo poo you're right. Jok and Woody are the only guys on the team who have been worth a poo poo for the last month or so

• Locked thread