Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

This team has got to stop playing like absolute poo poo on the road.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

In a women's hoops update, South Carolina beat a very good Kentucky squad tonight despite two starters leaving early with injury. The Lady Gs will now face UConn in a 1 vs. 2 showdown of undefeated teams. I'm gonna be there and I gotta say I'm pretty stoked. I know we have a few other WBB fans in this thread, so hopefully this post will not go entirely unappreciated.

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

We might lose by 20+ to A&M today. They're the best team in the SEC and we play like a JV squad on the road, so I can't imagine this will be any fun to watch. I'll be tuning in regardless!

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

So that was an unexpectedly good and entertaining first half from the Cocks, but man, talk about some missed opportunities. Only down 41-40, though, so I can't complain.

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

I'd like to play just one team that doesn't go absolutely loving nuts from 3.

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

YESSS gently caress AGGY!!! Holy poo poo, in no way did I expect that game to go down the way it did. Fantastic road win and resume booster.

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

First place in the SEC and it feels so good.

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

Kinda expected us to drop this one to UK today, but certainly didn't think they'd bash our skulls in. Sigh.

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

elentar posted:

South Carolina in trouble at Missouri, that would be a Bad Loss.

Yup. We're a JV team on the road. Would not be surprised at all if we go on an epic skid and miss the NCAAT, which is depressing on many levels.

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

Brice Johnson picked the perfect opponent to finally have another Own Zone game.

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

Man, just...what the gently caress. drat. How does Brice Johnson not get the last shot? UNC bungled the ending of this game so hard.

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

Ehud posted:

lol and then we go on a 17-0 run

tie game

I knew as soon as it started we'd go into the half either tied or down. Unbelievable.

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

Man, I can't believe we managed to win after giving up that ridiculous 20-0 run in the first half. That was a pretty big win we absolutely needed to have for tournament purposes. It's also nice to finally beat Gator again, since it'd been a good long while.

Good game, Ehud :) I was terrified that Finney-Smith was going to take over and it'd be curtains.

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

So now we are in second place with LSU and A&M, hold tiebreakers over each, and are only a game back from UK.

Thanks, Aggy :3:

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

Eltoasto posted:

https://twitter.com/bigtengeeks/status/701226231094714369

I love Tate, hardest worker on the team but lol that was bad.

Floor slapping is extremely dumb and bad. gently caress Duke.

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

Get hosed, Rocky Top.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

I really wish I knew why this team is so loving terrible on the road. We're practically unbeatable at home (Kentucky is our only loss), but we're about to notch our second blowout loss to a bottom-feeder SEC team.

• Locked thread