Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Roro
Oct 9, 2012

HOO'S HEAD GOES ALL THE WAY AROUND?
The eel from Super Mario 64. It made me terrified of 3D games for a shameful amount of years. Super Mario 64 also made me afraid of when the camera clips out of bounds and you see the nothingness behind. Even now I get the willies when it happens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

UWBW posted:

So, who remembers The Mummy? Y'know, that family film where the beetles burrow into a man's flesh and you can see them travel up his arms and into his head and devouring his brain?

Yeah I scared myself awake a bunch of times thanks to that.

Oh poo poo yeah, that was hosed up.

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

Other things I was afraid of as a child were drowning (both in video games and in real life) and escalators. I was okay with short one that went up, but long ones and any downward escalator terrified me. I once threw myself backwards off a downward escalator and sliced my leg open while screaming because I was too afraid to go down. :psyduck: What the gently caress, little me.

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

RareAcumen posted:

Jesus Christ, what?

I think I was afraid of falling down them and being cut to shreds on the edges of the stairs? I dunno, it was a very long time ago. Now I just worry about them jamming and snapping open like they did with that poor guy who fell in and got mangled.

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

All this pool drain talk is reminding me of that hosed up story about the guy who lost part of his intestine jacking off over the top of one, then his sister got pregnant from his sperm in the water somehow.
That was messed up.

Oh, does anyone remember there being a Goosebumps episode where a kid, I think like a big, bulky jock, got sucked into a hand dryer? That also freaked me out and I used hand towels for like a solid month. My imagination as a child was legitimately too strong and it made me a bitch rear end pussy about loving everything. I could probably fill this thread with dumb poo poo I was afraid of.

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

im pooping! posted:

The first part is actually a short story called 'Guts' by chuck pahlaniuk in his book Haunted

Now that you've said his name, I remember exactly. The website I read it on had people arguing whether or not it was real (as if it could've been loving real) until someone posted a link that proved he wrote it.

RareAcumen posted:

By all means, do share!

You know not what you've done!

Okay so we have an attic in my home which is where all of my and my sister's toys were kept. We played up there and it kept our rooms free of toys and clutter since two little girls accumulate a lot of Barbie stuff together. From the age of about 4 till I was 8 I was scared that the lights would go out while I was up there, and someone or something would grab me and kill me in the darkness. I was also afraid of the attic door slamming open (it was a hatch in the ceiling of my sister's room) and a monster lunging down at me.
Also related to that, for one month when I was about 6 I convinced myself that my Barbies were alive, and that if I was alone in the attic with them I had to sing to them or they would come to life and murder me. Soft toys didn't do this because they didn't had the quite frankly deadly pointy limbs that Barbie has.

In my room, I had a small cupboard where we stored a bunch of poo poo like the Christmas tree. I was pissed about this as a kid because I wanted it to be my private playroom. One night I pretended to roar like a lion at the cupboard (?? I was super into the Lion King) and immediately heard a very realistic roar back that made me near about poo poo myself. In hindsight, it was probably just the toy lion I had put in there the night before falling over and setting off its voice box.
Uhh... Once hallucinated a cartoon Devil that looked like a red Genie from Aladdin laughing at me from the top corner of my doorframe. Scared me.

For some reason, and for a good number of years, I had to run down the stairs, practically throwing myself down them and more than once slamming into the wall at the bottom painfully because I thought monsters would grab at me if I didn't.

Once thought that the washing machine would come to life and kill me because of the loud noises it made mid cycle. It was just a really old machine.

We had a window on the side of our garage, that you could look into when you went down the lane on the side of our house. It was always pitch black unless someone had the light on inside the garage and I was always afraid that suddenly something would slam into the window from the other side.

Also related to dark windows, I could not look out of the windows at night because out house backed onto a hugeass field and if I did something would see me and know to kill me.

There is no reason why I was so afraid of loving everything besides the fact that I had an overactive imagination and probably read books that were too mature for me at the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

RareAcumen posted:

I guess I lucked out in not being able to picture anything after all.

Yeah, being a mewling pissbaby is a pretty poo poo reward for having a good imagination.

• Locked thread