Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

You Are A Elf posted:

Pool drains. I loving loved swimming and could have been part mer-man if those goddamned pool drains weren't so sinister looking, waiting to suck me to the bottom and drown me.

Same, every year when the pool was ready to use it took me a few weeks to actually be able to swim over the pool drain. Til then I would skirt around it on the side of the pool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

Supposedly while he was attending sex addict group meetings as research for Choke, he met a painfully thin man who'd had massive bowel resectioning as a result of something similar to what happens in the story. Minus the pregnancy thing.

Other childhood fear: the front room of my parents' house, which was rarely used and quite dark at night. There used to be french doors so I could close them and feel okay walking past it to go to bed, but once we got rid of those...the room just felt like a dark gaping mouth from which all my nightmares could emerge. There was also the weird balance between the back of the house with the living room, which was warm and bright and noisy, versus the dark silence of the front room and formal dining room that you passed to reach the stairs. I hated that poo poo

• Locked thread