Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

We've all been scared by something or other when we were younger. E.T. Watership Down, Dumbo, anything's fair game here.

When I was in Elementary school [cannot remember a specific age but I know I was younger than ten] I had a nightmare because of the part of The Black Cauldron where it started peeling the skin off the lich.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

I'd hate walking through a dark room late at night as a kid trying to get a midnight snack because I'd be afraid that a grue or some other demonic murdery shadow creature would leap out from the darkness to try and kill me. :ohdear:

Yeah, same. I remember spending a lot of nights while I was younger than nine running to my bed and leaping onto it after turning the lights off. Also wasn't helping that I could see my closet and how it always seemed half open.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

What's kind of weird for me is that I don't remember ever being afraid of the dark in my own bedroom, just walking through the living room or a hallway that was pitch black. Maybe it was because I could keep my bedroom secure but a random hallway is where the grue could hide and lie in wait for me?

It was the Boogeyman and monsters under the bed for me.

My mom fixed this by taking some air freshener and gluing some little arts and crafts things like those little flower sponges and wrapping it up to rename it 'Anti-Monster Spray' :3:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

UWBW posted:

So, who remembers The Mummy? Y'know, that family film where the beetles burrow into a man's flesh and you can see them travel up his arms and into his head and devouring his brain?

Yeah I scared myself awake a bunch of times thanks to that.

Oh Christ. Yeah. that'd certainly freak a kid out alright.

Is there a better way to keep track of threads you've made besides having to star them that I don't know about?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Roro posted:

Other things I was afraid of as a child were drowning (both in video games and in real life) and escalators. I was okay with short one that went up, but long ones and any downward escalator terrified me. I once threw myself backwards off a downward escalator and sliced my leg open while screaming because I was too afraid to go down. :psyduck: What the gently caress, little me.

Jesus Christ, what?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I had a real bad nightmare of being absorbed by Majin Buu, when I was a kid.

Lot of screaming involved. I'm just glad I never saw any of the Cell saga.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I was terrified I was going to be bitten by a spider and die. Either a black widow or a brown recluse.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Roro posted:

All this pool drain talk is reminding me of that hosed up story about the guy who lost part of his intestine jacking off over the top of one, then his sister got pregnant from his sperm in the water somehow.
That was messed up.

Oh, does anyone remember there being a Goosebumps episode where a kid, I think like a big, bulky jock, got sucked into a hand dryer? That also freaked me out and I used hand towels for like a solid month. My imagination as a child was legitimately too strong and it made me a bitch rear end pussy about loving everything. I could probably fill this thread with dumb poo poo I was afraid of.

By all means, do share!

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Roro posted:

There is no reason why I was so afraid of loving everything besides the fact that I had an overactive imagination and probably read books that were too mature for me at the time.

I guess I lucked out in not being able to picture anything after all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Roro posted:

Yeah, being a mewling pissbaby is a pretty poo poo reward for having a good imagination.

Oh, I meant to specify, I mean when it comes to reading. I don't manage to make images for what I'm reading more than half the time, sadly.

• Locked thread