Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

Placeholder for all the first post stuff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice
reserved~!

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

this threads current rating is BLEEHHHHHHH

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Might as well save yourself some time and do the OP after the unit disbands match :effort:

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

a good promotion

those VOW introductions to DG would be good for the op

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
I want to know more about the BLEEEEEEEHHHHH guy. Can someone enlighten me? I saw a best of, where he does a huge runup to BLLLLEEEEEHHHH. Is there more?

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

rotinaj posted:

I want to know more about the BLEEEEEEEHHHHH guy. Can someone enlighten me? I saw a best of, where he does a huge runup to BLLLLEEEEEHHHH. Is there more?

He's Kotoka. He changed to the Bleehhh gimmick after turning on his former Millennials team mates and fully committed to it when VeserK formed. He was pretty garbage before joining Millennials, but he was one of the most improved wrestlers in the world last year and is tolerable. Western fans like him a lot more than natives.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Tonfa posted:

Might as well save yourself some time and do the OP after the unit disbands match :effort:

One more night until I find out whether or not my avatar will be a memorial. :pray:

Also, it'll probably take a while before we see where everyone lands. Whichever disbands I'm guessing we'll see some of them in the winning team before long.

As for the independents, I really like the Fujii/Yosuke tag team they've been doing lately. They're such a weird match but it works.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

whats the status on BxB Hulk?

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

super macho dude posted:

Still healing from shoulder surgery. No ETA on a return. He's shown up at a couple of shows (he used to run merch, don't know if he still does).

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

super macho dude posted:

Still beautiful.

I'm probably the only big Dia.Hearts fan here, so I'm really torn about the unit disbands match. I don't want either to lose.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

If Hulk's returning soon it makes sense for his stable to win, if he'll still be out for months a MX victory would be more logical imo.

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Dimebags Brain posted:

Still beautiful.

I'm probably the only big Dia.Hearts fan here, so I'm really torn about the unit disbands match. I don't want either to lose.

Dia.Hearts has really great imagery and :allears: Mochi :allears: but they really sadly are doing gently caress all.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Thauros posted:

If Hulk's returning soon it makes sense for his stable to win, if he'll still be out for months a MX victory would be more logical imo.

Hulk's injury was from Final Gate 2014 and he ignored it for most of last year while continuing to work, so he'll probably be a while still.

I'm predicting Monster Express for a couple reasons: MX just added T-Hawk in September so it'd be weird to shuffle him around twice, and Yoshino/Tozawa/T-Hawk are Triangle Gate champs, so disbanding wouldn't affect MX except for Shachihoko BOY. So unless they're going for "nothing changes except to poo poo on Shachi" I think it has to be DH taking the fall.

Beyond that, Jimmyz and VerserK don't need any more members, so I could see Kzy being a good fit for MX, Shimizu for Over Generation, and I'd guess Mochi/DK floating around for a while or starting a new faction with some of the independents; a Mochi/Dragon/Fujii/U-T/Yosuke stable would be fun, maybe add Kagetora when he returns instead of getting somewhat lost in Jimmyz again.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

So what's the full card for tomorrow? I'm having a difficult time finding it on either i:h:DG or PuroLove

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

Thauros posted:

So what's the full card for tomorrow? I'm having a difficult time finding it on either i:h:DG or PuroLove

i:h:DG posted:

02/04/2016 Tokyo, Korakuen Hall
1. CIMA, Eita, Takehiro Yamamura vs. Jimmy Kanda, Jimmy Kness J.K.S., U-T
2. El Lindaman vs. Kenichiro Arai
3. Gamma, Punch Tominaga vs. Naoki Tanizaki, Mondai Ryu
4. Don Fujii, Yosuke♡Santa Maria vs. Cyber Kong, Kotoka
5. YAMATO, Naruki Doi, Shingo Takagi vs. Jimmy Susumu, Ryo “Jimmy” Saito, Genki Horiguchi H.A.Gee.Mee!!
6. Losing Unit Disbands Elimination Match: (MONSTER EXPRESS) Masato Yoshino, Akira Tozawa, T-Hawk, Shachihoko BOY vs. (Dia.HEARTS) Masaaki Mochizuki, Dragon Kid, Kzy, Big R Shimizu

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
How hyped are you for an El Lindaman singles match, NQQ

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Well that definitely clarifies what the Verzerk A, B, and C teams are if nothing else.

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

Grozz Nuy posted:

How hyped are you for an El Lindaman singles match, NQQ

not only it is the prince of 2016, but it's against one half of my favorite tag team in dragon gate history, who is sadly garbage in 2016. i'd say if i'm at a 9 for the main event, i'm at a healthy 7.5 for that.

Thauros posted:

Well that definitely clarifies what the Verzerk A, B, and C teams are if nothing else.

i'd agree on verserk top team and monchan/kong, but kotoka and tanizaki are tier b. i could see shimizu joining verzerk if dia hearts loses and would be in that tier b. i think kong and mondai ryu are going to be the major heel lineage guys going forward (like how kzy was in every single rudo unit/proto rudo unit from real hazard to mad blankey).

EDIT: and i don't want to double post, but as i said on twitter (@insidedgcast) i think monster express wins. they would want to have to deal with another champion team dispute like what happened with the former zombie veterans dissolving. secondly, if t-hawk loses his second unit disband match in 6 months, dragon gate would have buried their "future ace" at a level that's only comparable with ryo saito's dream gate reign/aftermath. my theory is that kzy joins monster express (and maybe hulk later), shimizu goes to verserk like i stated above. mocchy and dk would join up with u-t and the budding fujii/maria unit.

NotQuiteQuentin fucked around with this message at 06:19 on Feb 4, 2016

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Here's where I betray my general ignorance about DG angles: after the unit disbands, will there be a new one formed to replace it quickly, or will guys realign and/or float around unaffiliated for a while? If Dia.Hearts loses like most of us seem to expect, will they wait until Hulk comes back and form a new faction around him again or will it happen sooner than that? Or will they hold off even longer and have someone new be a faction leader this time?

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

Grozz Nuy posted:

Here's where I betray my general ignorance about DG angles: after the unit disbands, will there be a new one formed to replace it quickly, or will guys realign and/or float around unaffiliated for a while? If Dia.Hearts loses like most of us seem to expect, will they wait until Hulk comes back and form a new faction around him again or will it happen sooner than that? Or will they hold off even longer and have someone new be a faction leader this time?

could be both!

the mad blankey/millennials to verzerk/over generation was a rather quick one. because the back to back unit disbands matches, you had to quickly form the new rudo unit. because of recency, i'll use it as an example about how things usually shake out. this was from august through summer adventure tag league (satl) until october.

mb:
doi/yamato/kong/ryu: rudo army until joined they formed verserk after satl
k-ness: immediately joined jimmyz
pt: treated as takagi's slave but wasn't a member of verserk, so he was an unaffiliated rudo. after he attacked takagi and formed og wanting guidance in october

millenials:
t-hawk: joined takagi as an unaffiliated twin gate challenger team and presumptive satl team. twin gate was a set up for verserk formation. joined mx after satl with generational team mate shimizu wanting to make wrestling fun again
eita: turned rudo with kotoka. tagged with rudo army and eita until the end of the satl, when verserk turned on him. formed og in october wanting guidance
u-t: has stayed unaffiliated, been jobbing in nearly every match and couldn't beat ishida in a match 0. mocchy and dia.hearts have tried to rally him but he's been still losing.
kotoka: walked out of millennials farewell. turned on u-t, attacked t-hawk, feigned an attack on eita which resulted in eita's turn. tagged with eita through satl and turned on him with verserk
el lindaman: was unaffiliated initially but provided the cape inspiration for og at formation in october
flamita: immediately formed a flyers team with dragon kid and tagged with him for satl. was offered dia.hearts membership and joined them for the remainder of his dg stint.

others:
takagi: turned rudo on mx after winning dream gate in august, hating the friendship bullshit and shachihoko boy and immediately affiliated himself with the rudo army after revealing a twin gate challenge/assumptive satl team with t-hawk was a ruse. became leader of verzerk at formation.
cima/gamma/fujii: unaffiliated triangle gate champs before mb/millennials disbanded. cima was impressed by yamamura and asked him to take his spot/gear as new osaka06 with gamma after he knocked his teeth out again mid-league. oaska06 found both fun and importance in helping out the young guys after having to deal with millennials for two years and formed over generation. fujii wasn't interested in this as he is a man of belief, and his belief was in fujii heya for selected young guys. they then decided that their triangle gate reign has come to an end and vacated in october. fujii went back to his usual unaffiliated self.
yamamura/ishida: had their first match in august and impressed the veterans. yamamura was selected to fill in for cima and wear his gear as new osaka06 with gamma mid-satl. new osaka06 inspired the formation of og in october.

there is a major event at hakata on valentines day and then the next big ones are champion gate in osaka in march. i'd think everything is resolved by then. if hulk is healthy by champion gate, he'll figure into it if dia.hearts was dissolved and would likely be the leader/co-leader of a new unit or joining mx/og (he won't be a jimmy).

NotQuiteQuentin fucked around with this message at 06:58 on Feb 4, 2016

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
gotta give it up one time to yamadoi

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

NotQuiteQuentin posted:

i could see shimizu joining verzerk if dia hearts loses and would be in that tier b.

If he turns heel I can see him throwing the match the way K-Ness turned against Mad Blankey in their loser disbands match. It'd make sense since he's the one who accepted the match in the first place. I'm not sure to what end though, VerserK has a ton of guys and they already have a big guy in Kong.

sticklefifer fucked around with this message at 07:25 on Feb 4, 2016

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice
Hulk just made his return before Match 1

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
It's on!

poo poo. BxB Hulk is here. Please don't die MX. :(

edit: Oh poo poo this just got way better. VerserK's joining the loser disbands match.

sticklefifer fucked around with this message at 10:52 on Feb 4, 2016

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice
New Main Event:

Loser Disbands Total Elimination Match:

Dia.Hearts (Mochizuki/Kid/Shimizu/Kzy) vs Monster Express (Yoshino/Tozawa/T-Hawk/BOY) vs VeserK (Takagi/Doi/YAMATO/Kotoka)

No other matches are changed. VeserK is pulling double duty.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Good god, Yosuke took a nasty neck bump there.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
So Hulk is back, but he's not joining the Dia.Hearts team for the unit disbands match? That seems... strange.

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

Grozz Nuy posted:

So Hulk is back, but he's not joining the Dia.Hearts team for the unit disbands match? That seems... strange.

He's still hurt.

This match got reaaaallll fast.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
THIS loving MATCH :stare:

edit: holy gently caress, edge of my seat for the last 10 minutes. I can breathe now.

sticklefifer fucked around with this message at 13:07 on Feb 4, 2016

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

dragon gate kinpuro!!!!

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice
BROTHER loving YASSHI.

What in the world.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Wow, that's a blast from the past.

So are Shimizu and Kzy joining MX now?

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

sticklefifer posted:

Wow, that's a blast from the past.

So are Shimizu and Kzy joining MX now?

I'm guessing

Kzy: MX
Hulk: Maybe MX?
Mocchy/DK: New unit with U-T/Fujii/Maria
Shimizu: WILD CARD (maybe heel turn?)

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Shachi pinning Shingo = feelgood moment of the year so far

edit: Now that YASSHI's back do you suppose we'll ever see Shuji Kondo back in DG?

sticklefifer fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Feb 6, 2016

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Awww man :(

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

sticklefifer posted:

Shachi pinning Shingo = feelgood moment of the year so far

edit: Now that YASSHI's back do you suppose we'll ever see Shuji Kondo back in DG?

Kondo vs Shingo in 2016 is something the world needs right now in these perilous times of uncertainty

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Is Susumu/Shingo going to be live this weekend, or do we have to wait for the show to come out later?

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
^^^Taped, apparently. Jae's reporting Susumu just won the Dream Gate. Holy poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

i'm so happy rn

• Locked thread