Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PureEvil6_13
Jun 1, 2004

I LIKE PETA AND THINK THAT SCIENCE IS EVIL
I just witnessed an Andrew spelled 'Endryoo'. It made me think of some bullshit ways people come up with ways to make a boring name snappy again.

Lantz
Celi

Some idiot at work decided her name is Aimèe instead of the Aimee it has been for years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
M-o-o-n that spells Op's Gay

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Stefonknee

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
my last name is irish and can be spelled 300 different ways because everyone coming off the boat couldnt spell and just sort of sounded it out so there are a lot of variations

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

be sure to call her aim-meh-eee

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Appehlwhyte

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

We got crabs? We got crabs!
Some morons can't get the spelling of my name, Biuttfâarth, right.

Shaquin
May 12, 2007
Just lol if you don't have a thoroughly bland protestant name

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naming_law_in_Sweden

Brfxxccxxmnpcccclllmmnprxvclmnckssqlbb11116, pronounced [ˈalbɪn], was a name intended for a Swedish child who was born in 1991. Parents Elisabeth Hallin and Lasse Diding gave their child this name as a protest against the naming law in Sweden.

Because the parents failed to register a name by the boy's fifth birthday, a district court in Halmstad, southern Sweden, fined them 5,000 kronor (roughly US$740 in 1996 dollars). Responding to the fine, the parents submitted the 43-character name in May 1996, claiming that it was "a pregnant, expressionistic development that we see as an artistic creation." The parents suggested that the name be understood in the spirit of 'pataphysics. The court rejected the name and upheld the fine.

The parents then tried to change the spelling of the name to A (also pronounced "[ˈalbɪn]"). Once again, the court refused to approve of the name, citing a prohibition on one-letter naming.

Kindergarten Camp
Nov 27, 2015

Ke$ha

PureEvil6_13
Jun 1, 2004

Applewhite posted:

Appehlwhyte

Auhpulwhythe

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

:staredog::meowth::pipe:
lorn Wayne more like cumstain lol!

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Paula Dean, US.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

please don't disrespect the artist i think is known as prince again?

AbbadonOfHell
Jul 16, 2004
You know I would try to think of something funny to put here but ill just pass on that and threaten people with a + 2 board with a nail in it.
Abb'ehdohn uf hel

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
emcee hammer

Fuck da Mods
Jun 27, 2013

fina get poz'd? :cabot: :gizz: :baby:
Someone spelled by name "Dacoon" once, p sure they wer ejust being racist tho...

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

PureEvil6_13 posted:

Auhpulwhythe
pretty sure that's a Welsh name

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax
BygggBäwz

guns for tits
Dec 25, 2014

Dick Frydie

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

My name unedited, because thanks to the newly word-filtered GBS phrase everyone now associates my name with LOL FUNY GBS MEEM instead of the bird...or the clock...or something being crazy...or a lovely brand of chocolate cereal

Khukew

PureEvil6_13
Jun 1, 2004

PyourEvehillSechsThurthèn

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
john?

todd?

rob?

don?

dom?

fuckin sucks having a nassaly hushed nerd voice, none of those are my name and im going to repeat the same sound @ u until u guess it right

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
Camron
Kameron
Keimeron
Camrhon
Cammron
Keighmrin

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
Once I was installing AC in a house and they had their new born daughters room painted all bright colors and her name stenciled in huge letters above the basinette....KEIGHMREN

the husband and wife were having a very loud argument in the living room the whole time.

Fuck da Mods
Jun 27, 2013

fina get poz'd? :cabot: :gizz: :baby:
DayKwhan

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
dork

PureEvil6_13
Jun 1, 2004

32MB OF ESRAM posted:

john?

todd?

rob?

don?

dom?

fuckin sucks having a nassaly hushed nerd voice, none of those are my name and im going to repeat the same sound @ u until u guess it right

Tom?

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

People call me Jason all the time even though my name is Justin. And by people I mean like at least 50 have done it over the years

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Eddy. hosed up.

PureEvil6_13
Jun 1, 2004

Genifurher

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Mycca

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Dodd

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

what if those crossed-out names are actually each miscarriages, that'd be pretty hosed up

Cyber Punk 90210
Jan 7, 2004

The War Has Changed
I have a client who spells her name Rene'e. Please do not mistake that for an e with an accent, as I once foolishly did in an email.

My actual name is already hosed up.

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons
I once knew a Wénee (pronounced like Rénee) and was convinced that one of her parents must have had a speech impediment

welease wodewick

PureEvil6_13
Jun 1, 2004

symbolic posted:

what if those crossed-out names are actually each miscarriages, that'd be pretty hosed up

The truth is it's probably closer to abortions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

hot dog sam fastest hands in the west

• Locked thread