Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
the only beard i want to see in my pub is geography teacher beard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

:perfect:

Extreme0
Feb 28, 2013

I dance to the sweet tune of your failure so I'm never gonna stop fucking with you.

Continue to get confused and frustrated with me as I dance to your anger.

As I expect nothing more from ya you stupid runt!

Brewdog have asked a local gaming cafe where I go to all the time to host their tournament.

They ain't getting paid but they do get free access to the beer no matter how much. And decied to go to the local gaming cafe over the new Arcade bar

Also gives me an excuse to try Brewdog I guess when I go along.

Someone's been buying new avatars for people.

And I love it.

dispatch_async
Nov 28, 2014

Imagine having the time to have played through 20 generations of one family in The Sims 2. Imagine making the original two members of that family Neil Buchanan and Cat Deeley. Imagine complaining to Maxis there was no technological progression. You've successfully imagined my life

Gonzo McFee posted:

Wasn't this guy accused of getting young girls so drunk they couldn't stand and then having sex with them? "Isolate, intoxicate and penetrate." Was his motto, or am I remembering something different.

The "Isolate, Inebriate, Penetrate" guy aka the "Tatler Tory" (ugh) was Mark Clarke, not Andre Walker.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...Tory-party.html
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...l-opponent.html
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ed-suicide.html

quote:

Shocking claims of violent sexual abuse by one of David Cameron’s top Election aides have been reported to Conservative chiefs.

Three female Tory whistleblowers say senior aide Mark Clarke, who ran the party’s Road Trip 2015, attacked and threatened them.

One says he forced her against a wall and demanded sex; a second claims he threatened to ‘destroy her’ after she stood up to him; and a third alleged he molested her in a bathroom when she was 17.

Two of the women say that he bragged of using alcohol to make women sleep with him, calling it his ‘IIP’ technique: ‘Isolate, Inebriate and Penetrate.’ They are among more than 20 Tories who have complained to an official party inquiry linked to the suicide of young Conservative aide Elliott Johnson.

Clarke is also accused of preying on women in a 100-strong team of young Tory activists on his Road Trip campaign. Some of those on the trail were as young as 16.

Tory HQ handed out up to £250 a night to provide free drinks for the activists as they toured key constituencies and stayed in hotels.

Once dubbed a ‘Tatler Tory’ and tipped for the Cabinet, Clarke allegedly used bullying and blackmail to try to control the Tory youth movement and become an MP.

Conservative chiefs now face calls to explain why Clarke, a known womaniser, was allowed to take charge of an Election team involving young girls.

He has told friends he once accidentally dislocated the jaw of one of his lovers when he slapped her during a consensual sex session, requiring her to seek hospital treatment in the early hours. He said they told doctors it was a ‘netball injury’.

Newly ennobled Baroness Emma Pidding, a personal and political ally of Clarke and chairman of his rebranded Road Trip 2020, also faces questions. She arranged for Clarke to be feted by Cameron in public at the Conservative National Convention in July.

Tory HQ has been told married Clarke, 37, regularly shared a room with his mistress, India Brummitt, in Road Trip overnight stays.

Brummitt is a Commons aide to Tory MP Claire Perry who advises David Cameron on how to curb the ‘sexualisation of children’.

Clarke’s physical attack on Johnson in a Westminster pub in August, witnessed by dozens of Tory aides, triggered protests by those who had suffered similarly at his hands.

Incredibly, Clarke stepped up his threats and intimidation to try to silence them. Johnson refused to back down in a second pub confrontation with Clarke days before his death on September 15.

Now two Tory women whistleblowers who gave evidence against Clarke to Tory chiefs have spoken to The Mail on Sunday in return for remaining anonymous.

One, aged 20, revealed how Clarke targeted her on a Road Trip visit to Harlow, Essex. She said: ‘We were walking down a street late at night. He waited until the others with us had moved ahead and shoved me into a doorway. He grabbed me by the neck and started running his hands over me. He said he wanted to sleep with me and named the hotel where he wanted to take me. Luckily someone came round the corner and I managed to get away but he didn’t give up.

‘He kept pursuing me with text messages trying to arrange a date and time. I wouldn’t call it attempted rape but it was certainly an assault.’

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
Looks like the dude from how I met your mother

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-35688401

quote:

Fr Stephen Crossan is reported to have sniffed coke through a £10 note on a night of drinking in July 2015 in Banbridge, County Down.
He was in a room with Nazi memorabilia and seemed to say "I shouldn't" as he snorted,

I suppose at least hes not diddling kids.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I approve of members of the clergy moving with the times, drinking is less fashionable than coke nowadays.

Though, I mean, "being in a room with nazi memorabilia" being objectionable would presumably make visiting most museums unethical.

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

It's all just a horrible misunderstanding
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBJ_PwpoIvs

Seaside Loafer
Feb 7, 2012

Waiting for a train, I needed a shit. You won't bee-lieve what happened next

I honestly dont know any people in my personal or work life; or even notice any going around, who have that hairsprayed sort of parting haircut thing that all torys have. And there are like 100 people where i work.

Kegluneq
Feb 18, 2011

Mr President, the physical reality of Prime Minister Corbyn is beyond your range of apprehension. If you'll just put on these PINKOVISION glasses...

OwlFancier posted:

Though, I mean, "being in a room with nazi memorabilia" being objectionable would presumably make visiting most museums unethical.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q95t2ulrXW4

I realise Father Ted took inspiration from real stories about priests, I just didn't think it was so literal...

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Only a tenner? loving oik.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

That was the after-party.

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid

sebzilla posted:

Only a tenner? loving oik.
This was my first thought too :wotwot:

Seaside Loafer
Feb 7, 2012

His quote:
"Father Crossan told the newspaper that he took the drugs but said: "It was just the one night and that was it.""

He kinda looked like he had done that before. One is usually a bit 'how do i do this' on ones first go on a line of coke.

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

i live right by a brewdog and ive only been in there once. it was ok

LemonDrizzle
Mar 28, 2012

neoliberal shithead

Unfortunately, not a literal cull and the picture is apparently not from a training manual instructing culling agents as to how to perform their duties.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Seaside Loafer posted:

His quote:
"Father Crossan told the newspaper that he took the drugs but said: "It was just the one night and that was it.""

He kinda looked like he had done that before. One is usually a bit 'how do i do this' on ones first go on a line of coke.
This is the worst thing about the whole drug charade. It's either 'no it was just once and I'm very sorry it was a mistake' or 'I experimented back in college but we were all young once'.

There's never 'oh yeah I actually indulge pretty regularly but I don't let it affect my personal or work life' and there's no such thing as a casual user, which implicitly means that all regular users are addicts and all addiction represents some sort of personal moral failing.

XMNN posted:

This was my first thought too :wotwot:
Use a straw instead of gross things that have been touched by hundreds of other people, some of them bankers. That's how you get sinusitis.

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
i dunno i've only ever done key bumps

Milotic
Mar 4, 2009

9CL apologist
Slippery Tilde

LemonDrizzle posted:

Unfortunately, not a literal cull and the picture is apparently not from a training manual instructing culling agents as to how to perform their duties.

Puts a lie to their professed love for returning power to local organisations. Also I don't get why you'd piss off your most actively involved base like that. Between that, the self inflicted referendum and some Tory MPs having to lose their constituencies in 2020, the Tories are really inflicting some wounds on themselves they really don't need to. It's not quite Labour levels of dysfunction, but it's getting there.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Good news that the Apple/FBI thing seems to have made May stand down a bit though.

Milotic
Mar 4, 2009

9CL apologist
Slippery Tilde

Guavanaut posted:

Use a straw instead of gross things that have been touched by hundreds of other people, some of them bankers. That's how you get sinusitis.

I've been to a cash distribution facility which had responsibility for removing old notes from circulation. Large amounts of old money really stinks from all the bacteria on it.

StoneOfShame
Jul 28, 2013

This is the best kitchen ever.
BrewDog make nice beer and without them we wouldn't really have a craft beer market in the UK. Though Bathams are the real beer punks, refusing to sell it everyone they want, their beer is also better and they still deliver locally by dray pony.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
I don't know what Brewdog is.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Pissflaps out-hipsters the hipsters. Masterful.

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid

Pissflaps posted:

theres one down the bottom of dean street by dog leap stairs

Jrbg
May 20, 2014

I go to the Sam Smith pub nearby and that's lovely. There's the occasional racist clientele muttering about 'our coloured friends' who can gently caress off though

RobotNinjaHornets
Dec 30, 2012
Interview with Corbyn in his local paper about the EU

Mostly the good normal EU stuff he's been saying, including bringing up TTIP, but he mentions that they've got Varoufakis on board. Which is pretty cool.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

LemonDrizzle posted:

'migrants set "The Jungle" ablaze' says headline with image showing people covering their faces to keep out the smoke while one is clearly holding an extinguisher

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

How else do you fight fire other than by tear gassing it?

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I love it when papers say a thing will provoke a particular reaction.

Manic X
Jul 1, 2015

:britain:
My iPad always notifies me when a new edition of the Evening Metro is out (I'm sorry for reading what is mainly hear-say drivel) - the headline in the notification was "Nanny Decapitates Child,"

That's enough of the world for tonight.

Malcolm XML
Aug 8, 2009

I always knew it would end like this.

Pissflaps posted:

shameful

Seaside Loafer
Feb 7, 2012

Guavanaut posted:

This is the worst thing about the whole drug charade. It's either 'no it was just once and I'm very sorry it was a mistake' or 'I experimented back in college but we were all young once'.

There's never 'oh yeah I actually indulge pretty regularly but I don't let it affect my personal or work life' and there's no such thing as a casual user, which implicitly means that all regular users are addicts and all addiction represents some sort of personal moral failing.
Forget priests, they can go nuts for all i care, but from politicians id appreciate a plain 'Ive occasionally used recreational drugs of various sorts at various times across my life but now I'm on the public payroll I'm going to be working like a bastard because of the trust the public has put in me and wont really have time for such fun, but I'm rolling a fat reefer the day I'm out of office!'

Wouldn't that be nice.

Seaside Loafer fucked around with this message at 00:33 on Mar 1, 2016

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Pissflaps posted:

From what I can tell, hipster Whetherspoons.

Booga
Aug 20, 2007

If you get tired from a hard day of smashing the system, come on down to Brewdogs and cool down with our fruity Punk IPA. We've got beers for the whole family, even the gays get their own separate beer.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Tesseraction posted:

'migrants set "The Jungle" ablaze' says headline with image showing people covering their faces to keep out the smoke while one is clearly holding an extinguisher
I'm appalled at these migrants setting their own dwellings on fire right after the police gave them some complimentary tear gas canisters that coincidentally get really loving hot as part of the reaction used to aerosolize the agent.

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

Seaside Loafer posted:

Forget priests, they can go nuts for all i care, but from politicians id appreciate a plain 'Ive occasionally used recreational drugs of various sorts at various times across my life but now I'm on the public payroll I'm going to be working like a bastard because of the trust the public has put in me and wont really have time for such fun, but I'm rolling a fat reefer the day I'm out of office!'

Wouldn't that be nice.

The hypocrisy is the most galling thing...and the sheer refusal to budge from ideology, (but that's pretty much applicable to every action they do :shrug:), but especially on their backwards-arsed drug policies.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Guavanaut posted:

Good news that the Apple/FBI thing seems to have made May stand down a bit though.

Has it though? They're pushing the mass surveillance bollocks bill through as fast as possible still.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
They're finally starting to backpedal heavily on some of the dumbest/most mathematically impossible bits, which is at least a start. It'll probably still end up terrible and unenforceable though.

March thread is up. The law can continue to be terrible and unenforceable there. :yayclod:

• Locked thread