Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

my game died, count me in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

So, the inklings are the kids the squidlings are the ones we are hunting down? I haven't played Splatoon so I'm not exactly on point. It looks fun, but I don't have a WiiU and even my standard Wii is unusable because it has a broken sensor.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

It seems we have been japed.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Quidnose posted:

They don't play nothing, they analyze stuff, and it all has to be diatonic harmonic structure because that's the nature of the course!

20th century music is fun, though!

Having no ability to play music will not interfere with their ability to play 4'33".

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

For a second I thought this was the mafia discussion thread

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

goodness posted:

just lol if you are analyzing any of day 1

##vote goodness

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

goodness posted:

Nah I just have a hard on for hating on day one. It's really stupid and only hurts town to vote based on day one analyzing. I'm sure you will disagree so we don't need to hash it out.

This is bullshit. Day 1 posts can be analysed like any other. They're not as good for analysis as later date posts, but writing day 1 off completely is anti-town.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Opopanax posted:

Why are there 4 new pages? Is it all dumb bullshit? It is, isn't it

100%

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Friction.123 posted:

What I'm getting from this is that between all the tunneling and back and forth, between Podima, Asiina, JakeP, and TMM, we've found at least one and maybe two scum. Or an overzealous town that will get a cop killed.

"We've got a scum here! Or maybe just an overzealous town. I just said nothing of value."

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Misrepresenting people's arguments, declaring that you need no real reason to vote because it's day 1... You're better at Mafia than that, TMM.

##vote tmmadman

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

TMMadman posted:

Ooooh. Add SSV to the list. In fact, I'd say it's probably Podima and SSV.

We should only be suspicious of people voting for you? Why's that?

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

You're voting someone who is (from your own perspective) confirmed town to spite someone?

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

TMMadman posted:

You're just going to look horrible when I flip town.

Wouldn't be a game without TMM making this post at least once.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

TMMadman posted:

You're just going to look horrible when I flip town.

Wouldn't be a game without TMM making this post at least once.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I have no idea where that double post came from. :tinfoil:

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

People I would vote, in order of how much I'd like to vote them: Goodness / TMM / Maybe Trasson if he doesn't follow through with his promise to review stuff

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

goodness posted:

Not if everyone just skipped the whole joke bs and went to playing the actual game. It would be a lot better for town but maybe not as fun for everyone? Using the D1 as something to go on hurts town more than it helps imo.

I think we can all agree that the jokephase is useless, but day 1 isn't just jokephase. You are arguing to throw out the entire day.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Hi I've been distracted playing xcom 2

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

PBS Newshour posted:

vote goodness to make things interesting

okay

##vote goodness

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

kash give us a flip

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I missed it because I'm used to bolded flips.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I am not scum with or without those two.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

"hmm just woke up the thread should be ope- jesus christ did 250 posts happen overnight"

imgay didn't sell out his scumteam because only one of the two names he said is actually scum.

PBCS Cappshour, why did you tell me to vote goodness to keep the game interesting? In light of the flips, that post just sticks out in my head.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

PBS Newshour posted:

why did you do it?

Because I thought he was scummy. Answer my question.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Friction.123 posted:

It's a three day deadline, and also kind of funny watching PBS posting nonstop suddenly.

And there's seven required to execute. Voting someone on the first day is not going to end the day early.

JakeP posted:

If that is the case though why didn't you? It is a bit scummy that it required you to act out this dramatic build up before voting

jake I'm confused when did you start playing mafia seriously

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I guess the shitpost to seriouspost ratio being seriously off from the norm is what confused me there.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

imgay posted:

if you want to lynch scum that isnt me today, its ssv

its not tho

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Opopanax posted:

Wow, 10 pages. I'm definitely going to read all of that.

##vote Ssv Going to trust imgay on this one

Are you really excusing yourself from reading the thread to jump on a worthless vote.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Friction.123 posted:

See that role just seems super out there to me, especially since Kash said there wouldn't be anything out of left field. Why would you add a role in the game with no disincentive to just out all the scum right away and hope you get lynched or NK'd on your squid day so that you can technically win with the town?

your problem there is that you're taking something imgay said seriously

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Opopanax posted:

See this I don't like. Don't just discredit him on nothing. He called two people scum and one flipped scum, that's worth looking at

He said that he's alternating scum and town on different days. I'm going to discredit the hell out of that.

Also the second of the two names he listed is definitely not scum.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Opopanax posted:

Well, if you're not, then we'll find out and confirm that.

Lynching me would be anti-town.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Friction.123 posted:

Umm ok? But why though, are you a POWERFUL TOWN ROLE?

Yes but unironically.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Friction.123 posted:

Ok but what do you think of Trasson and CCKeane?

Null read on Trasson, Keane seems kinda scummy.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I'm gonna put out some opinions seeing as the thread isn't moving right now.

The two strongest town reads I have are JakeP and PBS. Jake's focus on Quidnose gives him a lot of town credibility in my eyes, seeing as I really doubt that he would bus that hard so early. I've also liked his posting today though I disagree with his earlier scumread of PBS. I'm not too much of a fan of PBS' posting, but we have an un-counterclaimed vig on Quid. If he's a scum player with a night vig, it would be incredibly stupid to use it to kill a scumbud for town cred instead of saving it to cause the game to end a day earlier.

CCKeane's posts are pinging me. The fact that he's acting like imgay's claims are something to be taken seriously is extremely weird, and his "don't lynch me I am a powerful town role" bullshit feels like more of a smokescreen than a joke. Would vote.

Other people I would vote:

Tommunist feels like he's just trying to keep under the radar, he's not putting out much real opinions or reads. Lurky scum or disengaged town?

I don't like Podima's promise to analyse the thread and then subsequent vanishing. Would vote unless he comes in and gives us what he promised.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Asiina posted:

PBS didn't claim vig. She was joking I guess?

Didn't they? The claim did seem kinda jokey, but it's the only claim that we have on the kill.

PBS Newshour posted:

ssv just scumslipped, woah

Where?

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Podima posted:

imgay, please explain your role to me in one clear, succinct post.

doesn't matter what he claims his role is, he's lying because I'm not scum

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Friction.123 posted:

See you've said this a lot but on the other hand this is really all you've said on the matter

What else is there to say?

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Asiina posted:

That's part of why I believe imgay's role can be possible.

Why? Someone being on the scumteam part of the time and learning all the scumteam's identities would be a terrible role to include in the game.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

isn't the only role we have claimed aside from imgay a weird tracker variant? Bit of a jump to say the roles in this game are all terrible from that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Yeah, imgay's just going to be a distraction all game. At this point I don't even care if he's a jester. ##vote imgay

• Locked thread