Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I said to presign me :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Tommunist posted:

I will only post in Google translate hebrew

I appreciate you posting more clearly than normal!

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
:smugdog:

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Lol even the newbies are giving kash poo poo over that, I love it

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Ready to splat!

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Kashuno posted:

Hi Gang! All PMs are distributed. If you didn't get one, or if there is anything you are unclear about, please PM me. Finishing the setup now, but feel free to mafs.

lol

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
this topic of discussion is not ADA compliant and i must insist that you all cease and desist at once.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Why is everyone planning their own deaths? :colbert: I refuse to be just another body!

In other news let's kill Tommunist while he's on a plane for a million hours, that'll be pretty funny ##vote Tommunist

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
This is Trasson and Friction.123's second ever SA game, and the first one hasn't concluded yet. I don't blame them for being weirded out by jokephase, it's hard to get into.

##vote Friction.123 for mod sass tho

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Also I prefer content game to jokephase!

If you could pick one person in this game to vig on d1, who would you shoot?

(for newbies: 'vig' refers to 'vigilante,' a killing role that can shoot someone either during the day or the night. kashuno loves vigs on d1.)

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Friction.123 posted:

It ain't mod sass it's because you won't post another BSG game :argh:

I'm traveling Thurs-Sun this weekend, after I get back I'll post one maybe!

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

PBS Newshour posted:

i just want to play board games

You should play one of my PbP BSG games next time I run :)

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Tommunist posted:

##vote podima

Vibes~~~~

bad dog

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

JakeP posted:

is that like space monopoly

Kind of - it's a traitor board game based off of the BSG TV show. It's good!

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Trasson posted:

MTG is a game about two players with preconstructed 60 card decks or built on site to spec 40 card decks going against each other that also happens to have people twist it into preconstructed 100 card decks with all sorts of crazy rules and specifications to play with eight people.

Burn Commander.

I appreciated this post! :v:

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

Ugh I hate when my phone does that.

The board games flyer is a good idea.

Podima do you like this sign I saw at kohls?

Ha that's ridiculous. It doesn't even make sense!

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Oh FYI I will be traveling Thursday through the weekend. I should be around (though likely phone posting) for deadline Thursday night, but would appreciate it if we didn't have a weekend deadline until Sunday night or something?

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
:lol: Yeah all my games are faster than the norm, whether BSG or Mafia.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

goodness posted:

just lol if you are analyzing any of day 1

This is legitimately kinda forced/snipey. I'd think it was your first game but I see 7 other games for you in Votefinder, so...

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Quidnose posted:

This content game out of nowhere is also kind of odd.

Quidnose please answer my content game instead of just commenting on its existence :smith:

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

had a hearty lol at this for multiple reasons

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Opopanax posted:

Why are there 4 new pages? Is it all dumb bullshit? It is, isn't it

Are you going to actually play this game or (poorly) scumlurk your way through again?

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

TMMadman posted:

##vote JakeP

You're being awfully quiet this game. Can you please elaborate?

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

TMMadman posted:

I just don't feel like putting a lot of effort into this game.

Why did you sign up, then?

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

TMMadman posted:

Nice OMGUS vote. Your reaction here is scummy as hell and further justifies my vote.

lol that you're actually calling your no-content vote retroactively justified. Are you being serious right now?

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
That seems kind of unnecessary?

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
That TMM vote was garbage and I called it out as such. And in fact I'm going to ##vote TMM until he backs that up with an actual read instead of screaming OMGUS.

Asiina I would like to understand why you're defending this stellar Mafia play:

TMMadman posted:

Kash cucked me in my PM.

TMMadman posted:

I didn't even know Kash was into cucking.

TMMadman posted:

Seems like it would effectively stop someone.

TMMadman posted:

##vote JakeP

TMMadman posted:

I just don't feel like putting a lot of effort into this game.

TMMadman posted:

Nice OMGUS vote. Your reaction here is scummy as hell and further justifies my vote.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Also I call out people who say they're not going to put effort into games because it's unfair and unfun for the other people who DID sign up and are putting in effort. Lurking and low content is a major problem for Mafia and people should know better. If you're not going to play, don't compulsively sign up for games.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Asiina posted:

I'm walking through the snow now and pretty far from the gym.

Also Podima where was I defending Madman? I don't recall doing that.

Asiina posted:

This feels like babby's first mafia.

Madman isn't going to just lurk to avoid suspicion, that's dumb.

It's so dumb I can't believe Jake is making a case based off of it.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

TMMadman posted:

Apparently you have no loving ability to read.

Once again, for the reading impaired: I didn't say I wasn't going to put in any effort. I simply stated I wasn't going to put in AS MUCH effort.

In essence, it basically means that I'm not going to post 10 times when 1 post will do.

And frankly, your response to having 2 votes on you is scummy so that's why you're being considered as scum.

You have yet to put in any effort besides a reason-less vote and defending yourself the second anyone starts to question you though?

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

TMMadman posted:

So you're going to jump on me for no effort but not going to call out imgay for his lack of effort?

I can pretty much guarantee at this point that one of Jake/Podima is scum, possibly both.

imgay is bad too but at least he's talking about the game, even if it's likely 90% bullshit. It's consistent with his usual posting.

Your lack of effort, on the other hand, is abnormal and worth being called out!

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Friction.123 posted:

What I'm getting from this is that between all the tunneling and back and forth, between Podima, Asiina, JakeP, and TMM, we've found at least one and maybe two scum. Or an overzealous town that will get a cop killed.

This post, meanwhile, says nothing really particularly useful! :) This is a pretty standard d1 slapfight when we don't have much to go on.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Friction.123 posted:

Bite me. I said my piece about the TMM thing and was having fun watching a huge slapfight unfold.

:h:

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

TMMadman posted:

##vote Podima

Instead of asking why I voted Jake, all Pod has done is post about my efforts. It's a distraction tactic to try and get people to look at me because I'm normally a heavy poster regardless of my alignment. So ultimately, how much effort I put into a game is not a good reason to vote for me.

:siren: NICE OMGUS :siren:

:haw:

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Also uh

TMMadman posted:

Instead of asking why I voted Jake, all Pod has done is post about my efforts. It's a distraction tactic to try and get people to look at me because I'm normally a heavy poster regardless of my alignment. So ultimately, how much effort I put into a game is not a good reason to vote for me.

Podima posted:

You're being awfully quiet this game. Can you please elaborate?

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Literally the first thing I did was ask you to explain your reason-less vote :psyduck:

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Sorry if I didn't make it clear, my original question was asking you to elaborate on your vote while making an additional observation that you were being much quieter than usual.

Could you please elaborate on your vote with your thinking at the time you made it?

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Also I'm really not sure how it's vague when I quoted your vote and asked you to elaborate!

If I was you this is the point where I'd insult your basic literacy skills or something, I think?

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
:waycool:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
A few words to answer simple questions and then I need to go pack the car.

Trasson posted:

The setup says there's a moderate amount of roles. Speaking as a newbie, not advocating this: does anyone think there's a good time for people to mass claim roles? If so, when? If so, why not? It won't change anything for me other than putting more info out there but Bastille Day hinged (by design, although I don't think in a way Lumpen expected) on a full claim by the town, so I want to know now while everyone is alive to offer opinions. For my own opinion: I don't know if it's a good idea because of the inherent risk, but a closed setup means a claim is the only chance for people to find out what others have available.

Finally, I expect plurality lynch means that if we don't hammer then whoever has the most votes at deadline gets...what was the term? Mooseknuckled? What happens in case of a tie, then?

Massclaiming is infinitely less useful in closed setups, because you have no way to check people's claims and see who's likely lying/how many roles there are too many of being claimed. It's only really valid near endgame in closed setup games, and even then it's iffy.

Also plurality lynch is whoever has the most votes at deadline, and if there's a tie it comes down to whoever got that many votes first.

Also also I think it was Quidnose that asked - this is Friction and Trasson's second SA Mafia game, and both were town in the previous game. At least one of them has played a little IRL Mafia before. Purely speaking as the guy who got them into SA Mafia, I'd prefer if they kept their newbie shield for at least one more game so they can see how a closed-setup game shakes out vs. THE NAILBITER(tm).

• Locked thread