Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

The Octolings have come back and invaded Inkopolis, and they have managed to hide amongst the Inklings. Calie & Marie have decided the only way to truly be sure they are rid of the Octoling scum is to have everyone splat each other until the Octolings are found out. The splatfest begins!

-This is a closed setup mafia game for 15 players. The game will have a moderate amount of roles, but nothing that is out of left field.
-This is a fast paced game. Days will be 24-48 hours, Nights will be 12-24 hours. (Weekends count as 24 hours)
-Lynch will be PLURALITY
-Thread will be open at night
-No fake day actions
-No posting after hammer
-No posting mod PMs
-No editing posts
-No outside communication unless your role says you're allowed
-Don't lurk! People get one prod then a modkill. If you want a replacement please tell me before the beginning of D2. After that I modkill.
-Once the game starts I won't answer any questions in thread. PM me if you have questions.

You're a town now, you're a scum now.

Players
  1. AnonymousNarcotics
  2. Asiina
  3. CCKeane
  4. Friction.123
  5. goodness
  6. imgay
  7. JakeP
  8. Opopanax
  9. PBS Newshour
  10. Podima
  11. Quidnose
  12. SirSamVimes
  13. TMMadman
  14. Tommunist
  15. Trasson

Kashuno fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Feb 9, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Quidnose posted:

Put me in, coach!

:swoon:

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
:eng99:

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
is now. I'll get PMs out tonight probably

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
resending your PM now.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Hi Gang! All PMs are distributed. If you didn't get one, or if there is anything you are unclear about, please PM me. Finishing the setup now, but feel free to mafs.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Flavor may or may not be important so that's at your own risk

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
It was a dark day in inkopolis. The inklings gathered used to splat each other for fun, but there was no fun to be had today. Today, if you got splatted, you were splatted for real. The inklings picked up their Splattershot Jr.'s, and began the hunt.

Day 1 begins now.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Start a Splatoon club imo

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Trasson posted:

also wow was a Podima game a weird game to have first. The deadline is three times as long and it's throwing me off.

only for d1. I started it late last night so there's that. Days will 48 at most going forward. (this weekend would be an exception)

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
It was a grim day on the saltspray rig. Cornered with hostile inklings in front and the cold death of the ocean behind, goodness hoped that the true squid kids would yet prevail. Goodness was Splatted.

quote:

You are an inkling. You are here to try and find the octoling scum. You are vanilla town, and win when all threats are eliminated.

Night actions yo.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

JakeP posted:

haha yeah lmbo

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Scroll up

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Callie and Marie have gotten out of their rut and back to their normal fun loving selves.

GOOD MORNING INKOPOLIS! We have today's splattered victims! Let's take a look at who was splatted last night and see how the inklings are faring!

Oh no! It turns out TMMadman was splatted last night! He was one of the good ones!

quote:

You are an inkling. You are here to try and find the octoling scum. You are vanilla town, and win when all threats are eliminated.

BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUT

HOORAY! Quidnose was splatted last night! Get those octolings out of our city!!!

quote:

You are an Octoling with Inkstrike equipped. Twice per game, you can choose a target and kill them, no matter any protection they have on them.

You are scum, you win when you control the vote.

That's all we got for today! Good luck out there inklings!

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
also, would a sunday night deadline be okay or should I do monday?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Podima posted:

No seriously Jake I'm not getting it. Please indulge me - explain it to me like I'm Kash and you're TMM if you must, I am not following what I must have purposefully excluded from my post(s) for you to react as you are.

Ahem wow rude right here.

Okay return to your regularly scheduled mafia

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
drat mad rude fam

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Maybe I shouldn't mod everyone hates my roles :(

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I'll post imgay' flip when I get home

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Also while I really don't want to do replacements at this point, tomm is like in and out of the hospital so I have decided to make an exception.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
imgay taunted the inklings d2, daring someone to have the guts to test whether he truly was an octoling. At first hesitant, the inklings gave into their fear and bombarded him with splat bombs until all that was left was the tentacled remains of an OCTOLING! They weren't able to make out the details of what exactly he did, but hey, in turf wars a win is a win.

quote:

you are scum. [REDACTED]

N2. Night Actions please.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

GOOD MORNING INKOPOLIS! We have today's splattered victims! Let's take a look at who was splatted last night and see how the inklings are faring!

HOORAY! It turns out Tommunist was splatted last night! Get those Octolings out of our city!!!

quote:

You are an octoling equipped with an ink mine. You will turn up town on any cop investigations.

You are scum, you win when you control the vote.

OH AND ALSO

It turns out we had a serial killer in our midst! Friction.123! What a CATastrophe!

quote:

You are Judd. You are a cat who managed to survive alone all these long years.While you normally referee the events, instead you are seizing the opportunity to get back to the top of the food chain and reassert that cats, indeed, rule.

You are a 3p Serial Killer. You win when everyone else is dead.

WAIT!!!

ALSO.

It turns out imgay was actually a squid dressed up like an octoling. W E I R D.

quote:

You are an inkling with kraken equipped. You are an alternating day death miller. On odd days you flip town, on even days you flip scum. You investigate as town. One day after your death, your true nature is revealed.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
MORNING

I have been setting up a printer all morning and am now at my desk :sun:

e; also one of our company sites lost power and all their servers went down so it was a bad morning thanks for asking.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Podima posted:

:rip: I feel you there.

:gas: have you considered moving to the cloud, my friend :gas:

the butt sure has done wonders for sa :razz:

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
The inklings tracked Opop to a summer camp called Camp Triggerfish. A fitting name indeed, as the inklings sealed the floodgates and cornered Opop. With no wall to squid onto, Opop was hit with multiple swings of inkbrushes until his INKLING remains slid down the wall into the pool of ink below.

quote:

N3. Night Actions please.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Oh no! It turns out AnonymousNarcotics was splatted last night! She was just trying to keep us all from the octolings!

quote:

You are an inkling with a Splash Wall! Once per night, you can throw out the splash wall and protect a player from any damage they would take that night.

You are town. You win when all threats are eliminated

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
This was it! The inklings had found him. Surely, there wouldn't be another fake octoling out there. Right in the center of inkopolis, the squids busted out their inkzookas and splatted Podima, the last octoling.

quote:

You are an Octoling with a seeker equipped. Your kills cannot be tracked or watched.

You are scum. You win when you control the vote.

HOWEVER! In the chaos of the combat, the zapfish had decided that enough was enough, and made a break for a massive migration back into the ocean. First it was just one, then another, then another. Asiina had started a huge movement, and eventually even the great zapfish made it out into the ocean! Inkopolis was left with no power, and shortly after, all the inklings were no longer fresh and died away.

quote:

You are a Zapfish. You haven no stake in this war because both sides tend to abuse you for your mystical energy anyway. Hopefully, if you're lucky, the inklings and octolings will destroy each other and you will be able to live a life of peace.

You are a 1x BP, 1x Lynchproof 3P Survivor. You win by being alive at game end. Unlike most survivors your victory means defeat for all others.

Asiina, 3P Survivor/Lynchee thing, wins the game.

So yeah, that was my first real game I've modded since I've started playing. I tried a few variants of roles, although I hope nothing TOO outlandish, and some I liked some I didn't. In the end, I actually hate Asiina's role and will probably never use it again. By d2, I regretted it :( I can't think of a smart way to balance it and it's a bit more ridiculous than a regular survivor. I feel like watchers are pretty underpowered as a role, so I tried something a bit different that doesn't seem to have worked out great. I hope you guys didn't actually hate it, although the finish ends up being quite lame.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
PBS is a liar btw.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

SirSamVimes posted:

I targetted Asiina.

Iirc you targeted Podima n2 and asiina n3?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Asiina posted:

Watchers are actually really strong, but your variation made it weaker. The strength of a watcher is that sometimes it's easy to predict who the NK will be, like if there's a cop or doc claim chances are they will be NK'd. A watcher can catch the killer by watching the victim whereas the tracker has to guess the killer. But when you have to guess who to watch days in advance, that makes it a lot more difficult. I don't mind your variation as a way to weaken a powerful role, but that is what you did.

Yeah it didn't turn out nearly as strong as I wanted and in fact was the opposite. Maybe I've just sucked with watcher as I've rolled it twice and hates it both times.

• Locked thread