Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Heavenator
Feb 28, 2011

BangBangBang! Commando of the Galaxy

TCat posted:

Honestly I'm only gonna watch this thread in the hope you ruin Kalon's life by showing him M.D. Geist.

Ruin, or make it better?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Heavenator
Feb 28, 2011

Update!

Episode 3: Impact is Real and my Friend

The Heavenator fucked around with this message at 02:10 on Feb 13, 2016

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.
I was going to say something about the second episode of Anime Night, but the link appears to have disappeared. :v:

...It really wasn't that bad, honestly. I've certainly watched entire seasons of worse stuff.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
i was one of those kids who had no idea how to play the impact fights and couldn't get past kabuki robo in a week :smith:

but a friend of mine got the game and lent it to me and i got to see the rest of the game and later got the sequel :unsmith:

The Heavenator
Feb 28, 2011

Yapping Eevee posted:

I was going to say something about the second episode of Anime Night, but the link appears to have disappeared. :v:

Turns out I can't actually link them here. Oops.If people want to keep seeing them they'll be on my twitter, but you can't talk about them here.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

I'm in love this game now. :allears:

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

The Heavenator posted:

Turns out I can't actually link them here. Oops.If people want to keep seeing them they'll be on my twitter, but you can't talk about them here.

Why? Copyright?

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

DOOP posted:

Why? Copyright?

:filez: yeah.

ElTipejoLoco
Feb 27, 2013

Let me fix your avisynth scripts! It'll only take me a couple horus.
I'm surprised Skippy doesn't call Goemon and Ebisumaru Kid Ying and Dr. Yang all the time after he mentioned Yae and Sasuke not being on the SNES. To be fair, the only games those two were featured in that had an overseas release before the N64 titles was a GameBoy JRPG, I think... Where Yae wasn't playable. Whoops.

Skippy Granola
Sep 3, 2011

It's not what it looks like.
Oh I am full of approximate knowledge of the series. I had no idea there were other SNES games!

I'll never not call Goemon's ultimate weapon the Yokohama Yo-Yo though.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I love this game, and speaking of karaoke of the Impact song, time for some FUN SHINJOBI FACTS:

When I was like...15, there was this TOTALLY COOL online anime radio station that held a karaoke contest. I made it to the finals coasting off of the opening to Mobile Suit Gundam and the Impact song. A clip of the Impact song was even used in station identification when coming back from commercials.

I don't regret what I did because my love of Impact/Goemon (and MSG) is real, and those songs loving own. Still...looking back it was kinda weird.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

I love how Ebisumaru moves his arms around while running. He puts his whole body into moving around.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

It miiiight be a reference to Super Mario 64's run cycle? Maybe?

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

Great Joe posted:

It miiiight be a reference to Super Mario 64's run cycle? Maybe?

Doubtful. Ebisumaru's always been a crazy kook. Sometimes a windmill run is just a windmill run (It's hardly the zaniest thing he does regularly.)

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
It has a lot to do with how much Ebisumaru owns, imo

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Benkei shows up in goddamn every piece of media ever, especially ones that take place in Feudal Japan. His sword-collecting big bridge-defending tale inspired Gilgamesh in Final Fantasy.

EponymousMrYar posted:

Doubtful. Ebisumaru's always been a crazy kook. Sometimes a windmill run is just a windmill run (It's hardly the zaniest thing he does regularly.)

His crawling animation and special power are the best. Especially considering how me makes use of them in the game's ending reel.

The Heavenator
Feb 28, 2011

Update!

Episode 4: The Double Deuce

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

Are you running this on an N64, or on an emulator?

I'm asking because getting perfect emulation of either Goemon N64 game has eluded me for as long as I can recall.

KeiraWalker
Sep 5, 2011

Me? Don't worry about me...
Grimey Drawer
He's emulating it.

No real N64 could ever look that nice. Shy of modding the video output for HDMI, anyway.

The Heavenator
Feb 28, 2011

I am running on an emulator, it's not perfect, but it is pretty good. Notably animated textures break on it. It was a trade-off between geting N64 capture to not look like garbage, or dealing with emulator glitches, and I choose the emulator as all the footage from the N64 was awful.

Worth noting is that Project 64 is still horrible at emulating this game, so your best bet is Mupen64Plus.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

I remember Yae's main power!

Mainly because I was an early teenager :shobon:

Edit: This boss is practically made to use Ryo on. I remember having trouble with short range weapons and you just got like, 100 ryo from Turtle rock beforehand.

EponymousMrYar fucked around with this message at 07:49 on Feb 20, 2016

ElTipejoLoco
Feb 27, 2013

Let me fix your avisynth scripts! It'll only take me a couple horus.
I hope you show off the small amount of interactivity you can do next time Impact poses prior to the skating portion.

I wonder if Mystical Ninja was Konami's debut of silly/optional interactive elements mid-cutscenes that Metal Gear Solid 3 and onwards implemented.

Doseku
Nov 9, 2009
This is a sweet game with a sweet soundtrack. Still one of my favorite N64 titles, glad to see it again.
One of the neat things about this game is that the music for the dungeons actually change subtlety as you advance further inwards usually adding more instruments to the track the further in you get.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Doseku posted:

This is a sweet game with a sweet soundtrack. Still one of my favorite N64 titles, glad to see it again.
One of the neat things about this game is that the music for the dungeons actually change subtlety as you advance further inwards usually adding more instruments to the track the further in you get.

Dynamic music like that was the best thing about N64 platformers and I'm sad you don't really hear it anymore beyond those. Banjo-Kazooie and (iirc) DK64 were famous for it. Even Super Mario 64 did it, but only for one theme (Dire Dire Docks).

The Heavenator
Feb 28, 2011

Update!

Episode 5: You’re stupid for playing video games

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Did that tiny person just slide out of the frame?

Also, where's my bad anime? :colbert:

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014
The only exposure to Takeshi's Castle I've ever had is Most Extreme Elimination Challenge.

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010

HardDisk posted:

Did that tiny person just slide out of the frame?

Also, where's my bad anime? :colbert:

First rule of Anime Club.
We don't talk about Anime Club.

Second rule of Anime Club.
WE DON'T TALK ABOUT ANIME CLUB.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Wait a minute...Yae has green hair...uses a flute to summon a dragon...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYnKsuxtz50

The Heavenator
Feb 28, 2011

Update!

Episode 6: It's Called a Bidet

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
the ghost toy castle music is so smooth, perfect for my man ebisu

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

Ebisu weirdness fact of the day: Yes, not only does he do the breast stroke while swimming, he also does it while tip-toeing around.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

a butty

for ur butthole

The Heavenator
Feb 28, 2011

Update!

Episode 7: Electrotube Monthly

Danzel Glovington
Mar 16, 2006

I'm too old to bury my son!

Hello everyone,

ok I'm gonna watch all the episodes now since I found out this was happening today, talk to you all soon.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Ebisu looks like a big ol' ham while relaxing in that hot spring.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Fernandez, Antonio, Juanita, and Little Pedro.

Skippy Granola
Sep 3, 2011

It's not what it looks like.

Danzel Glovington posted:

Hello everyone,

ok I'm gonna watch all the episodes now since I found out this was happening today, talk to you all soon.

Please ignore the episode where I talk about how you're a cool guy for like 5 minutes

Edit

Waffleman_ posted:

Fernandez, Antonio, Juanita, and Little Pedro.

:siren:Little Pedro!:siren:

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

D&D 3.5 Book of Erotic Fantasy
I can endorse Little Pedro wholeheartedly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nidoking
Jan 27, 2009

I fought the lava, and the lava won.
I love the way Yae's hair casts a shadow that's just three discrete circles. I'm sure, at the time, it was a huge leap forward just to have shadows for hair at all instead of one big circle under the character a la Mario 64, but it looks really bad now.

And you couldn't just use any batteries for Sasuke. They had to be Sasuke's batteries. You know they're for Sasuke because of the giant "sa" on the label.

• Locked thread