Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

Xander77 posted:

(cue poster appearing and making the same joke for the thousandth time)

I am - no joke - sometimes getting PMs from goons telling me when there's a setup for a "my dad" joke somewhere on the forums and someone once even complained how I failed to use a "perfect setup". I intentionally made only the lamest possible jokes of the sort in the past year in an effort to deter this, and thankfully it's (mostly) working.

Xander77 posted:

But seriously though "pay your goddamned mercenaries your absolute assholes" and "reward people appropriately" are the most fundamental takeaways of Xeno's leadership theory.

I wonder how the 30 years war practice of "lol, actually paying mercenaries" would compare to this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
I have to say, I think it's a waste that The March of the Ten Thosand wasn't reserved for, you know, March. :v:

• Locked thread