Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

I've noticed this pretty hosed up trend where people put small amounts of ice in their iced water. the problem is obvious if you just google "ice water" - the results really speak for themselves, imo.

brace yourself for this one:

:nms: :nms:

anyway, in my opinion, the ideal glass of ice water will be predominantly ice, i mean like 75% ice, the glass should be brimming with cubes. then you add a few squirts of lemon juice, and you have a flavorful, ice-cold beverage that will be remain soothing and frigid for up to 2 hours.

anyway, i hope you guys appreciate my thoughts on ice water, and i wonder how you, gbs posters, feel about your water.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

banme
Apr 23, 2008
your thread literally broke the forum

e; nvm fixed

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

I put enough in so that when I slip my dick into the water the ice not only covers my shaft but gets my ballsack as well

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

ya but who has that much ice?

Happy Hedonist
Jan 18, 2009

I only drink hot water because tcm.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

I fill the glass with ice first, then pour the water in.

Sir Nose
Mar 28, 2009

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

interesting. this could be a lot, or a little, depending on the size of the glass. there are a lot of factors to consider with ice water.

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
sooo much ice omg lol

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
enough to make it cold OP you dumb retard

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

"The greatest honor history can bestow is the title of peacemaker."
Europeans typically use a small amount of ice in their drinks compared to the massive chunks used by Americans. If you order a drink in some places (looking at you, Germany) you'll often be served with no ice so you know that you got exactly the volume of drink you ordered.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
honestly I can go either way op. On one hand having ice cold water is really nice, on the other hand only having like one sip before needing a refill because the glass is almost entirely just ice sucks, so you have to kinda strike a balance between how much cooling you get and how often you have to go get more water. Warmer water also has the advantage of being easier to just chug, and is generally easier on your digestive system.

Interestingly op cold water isn't an ubiquitous thing. A big culture shock for people from asian countries is how we tend to serve ice water with everything here whereas water is almost invariably hot over there. There are chinese people right now googling why westerners serve ice water in the middle of winter with their dinner.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Usually just ask the waiter for one of these from the freezer for the table to share and we slowly lick it through supper.

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
just a sprinkle to get me thru the day

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I never use ice. I don't drink cold beverages because it hurts my teeth.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

Ein cooler Typ posted:

I never use ice. I don't drink cold beverages because it hurts my teeth.
You should probably visit a dentist to deal with your cavities and then have better maintenance from here on out.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
please hurry with your answers, im running out of ice

NurhacisUrn
Jul 18, 2013

All I can think about is your wife and a horse.
We are working on some SERIOUS SHIT in here.
One cube, I'm not paying for the ICE. :bahgawd:

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

dad gay. so what posted:

please hurry with your answers, im running out of ice

i keep my ice in a bumbag filled with sawdust so its hard for me to be sympathetic

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Orkin Mang posted:

i keep my ice in a bumbag filled with sawdust so its hard for me to be sympathetic

i understand im just looking for a place to keep my ice. passing ships...

Sir Nose
Mar 28, 2009

Frog Act posted:

interesting. this could be a lot, or a little, depending on the size of the glass. there are a lot of factors to consider with ice water.

Always keep 'em guessing, I say.

Edit: As a purist, I must insist you leave out the lemon juice, otherwise you've left the realm of classic "ice water" and moved into aging hippie hoity toity bullshit next thing you know I'm gonna put a loving slice of cucumber in my water aaaagh the NyQuill is kicking in goodnight GBS

Sir Nose fucked around with this message at 07:02 on Feb 3, 2016

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I freeze a whole glass of water and suckle off the top as it melts.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

none. theres already ice in it dumbass

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

On really hot days when I want a cold drink I fill the glass to overflowing with ice, and then pour the water around it.

Then I drink it slowly, so at the end I am drinking mainly just melted ice, and it is so cold and refreshing.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

you cant put ice in water its impossible

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug
I'm from seattle so I only drink room temp water. I liked ice before it was cool

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

FuhrerHat posted:

you cant put ice in water its impossible

yes, ice is a known hydrophobic substance. frustrating, because if it wasnt then it would definitely chill whatever liquid it came in contact with. oh well. science is science.
anyway, if u want to cool ur water down but dont want to spend all day watching ice cubes ricocheting off the surface of ur glass of water, or levitating inches above ur mountain dew as if in mocking defiance, then simply put a few drops of pure, icecold ricin in ur drink then imbibe it as quickly as possible making sure to ignore the bitter taste and escalating chest pains

Orkin Mang fucked around with this message at 07:19 on Feb 3, 2016

Sir Nose
Mar 28, 2009

Orkin Mang posted:

yes, ice is a known hydrophobic substance. frustrating, because if it wasnt then it would definitely chill whatever liquid it came in contact with. oh well. science is science.

You're being all sarcastic and poo poo but FuhrerHat is right! I saw Titanic. If you could put the ice IN the water then the boat wouldn't have hit it and Jack would not have died. But the ice was not in the water it was on the top and the boat hit it and Jack died. Some other people died too i think

Look here's the photographic proof ice ON the water not IN the water

You got a problem with that you take it out with my friend polar bear ice boss

Fruit-by-the-Foot Fetish
Aug 3, 2012
youre supposed to add water to the ice, OP. it's acid that you add to water, you were confusing acid with ice but theyre not really the same

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
here's a mnemonic device you can use to know whether to pour water or acid first

do what you oughtta, add acid to water

(you have to pronounce water with an accent so it rhymes)

Split Pea Superman
Dec 16, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
Just enough ice so that I can eat one piece along with every gulp. Icewater is like a 25% ice ratio, but freshmade sweet tea should be like 75% ice before pouring

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Sir Nose posted:

You're being all sarcastic and poo poo but FuhrerHat is right! I saw Titanic. If you could put the ice IN the water then the boat wouldn't have hit it and Jack would not have died. But the ice was not in the water it was on the top and the boat hit it and Jack died. Some other people died too i think

Look here's the photographic proof ice ON the water not IN the water

You got a problem with that you take it out with my friend polar bear ice boss

good point. if u think about it, ice is kind of the self hating jew of water

Sir Nose
Mar 28, 2009

Orkin Mang posted:

good point. if u think about it, ice is kind of the self hating jew of water

dang how did you figure out i'm jewish?

Edit: it's the nose, isn't it

Sir Nose fucked around with this message at 07:56 on Feb 3, 2016

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret
I always freeze my water bottles and let set it on my dashboard during the summer. Good times.

ghlbtsk
Apr 19, 2005

these bath mats
are
GORGEOUS
I always serve my guests ice water but what they don't know is the ice is actually just 100% cobra venom.

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

ghlbtsk posted:

I always serve my guests ice water but what they don't know is the ice is actually just 100% cobra venom.

nice

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

what is the consensus on some lemon juice in your water? do goons only accept real lemons or are some squirts from a bottle acceptable? personally, I drink a big glass of water before bed every night, typically with LJ (lemon juice)

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

I fill the glass up with water and then put as much ice as I can in the glass before it over flows.

shoophobo
Aug 30, 2013

"shoophobo? more like shittyposter!" :grin:

Fallen Rib
ice is actually magic water, so I use 100% water
go back to school op

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

also, it is absolutely insane to me that there are countries where people drink water without ice and are somehow okay with that. utterly flabbergasting tbh

• Locked thread