Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

i think im over my head what have i gotten myself into??? any fax masters here also know how to laminate documents like a pro??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Count Freebasie
Jan 12, 2006

Turn it on and warm it up. At the back are two rollers that you slide the material in the laminated sleeve through. After it's warmed up (five minutes or so), check to make sure it's warm enough to work by taking your index finger and pushing it in between the two wheels (may require some force). If it's pleasantly warm to the touch, you're good to go!

Aug 4, 2010

yea i love to laminate.

here my tip, make sure the paper is straight BEFORE you laminate because its too late afterwards. good luck op

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"
I laminated a videogame map in grade school... I'm am expert

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

so ive got some stuff printed out on Regular Office Paper, done full color on our Ricoh MP C4000

should i not use these papers and get card stock or will the laminating process "thicken it up" if you know what i mean?

FishionMailed
Feb 2, 2014

by zen death robot
idk but my teachers in middle school could do it so how hard can it really be?

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

FishionMailed posted:

idk but my teachers in middle school could do it so how hard can it really be?
well you know what they say about your first time...

I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

I think you can use regular paper. They have those little sleeves you can slide the sheet in. Where are you that you get to use a laminating machine unsupervised?

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

no you just put it under your pillow and the laminating fairy comes and laminates it while you're asleep

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
Yeah OP it's so easy even quite old secretaries can usually manage it.

Just look at the instructions!

I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

The laminating machine is second only to the postage machine in terms of office equipment only a few people are allowed to use but for different reasons.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
thats a womans job OP

(i dont know what laminating is)

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

i laminated my hands so they dont get sticky when i eat sweets

rabble rabble
Mar 24, 2015

Nap Ghost
make sure ur tie doesn't get caught in the rollers op, dangerous hijinx ahead

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

George Carlin posted:

You ever been at a really loud party. I mean a good loud party, where the music is playing too loud, and everybody is talking too loudly, and in order to be heard even by the person standing right next to you, you've got to be screaming at the top of you lungs. But every now and then at a party, it seems as though everyone shuts up at the same time...and only your voice...can be heard. "Right, I know. I know. Well, what I'm going to do, I'm gonna have my testicles laminated." Life's little moments.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

I.C. posted:

I think you can use regular paper. They have those little sleeves you can slide the sheet in. Where are you that you get to use a laminating machine unsupervised?
its my Personal Laminating Machine. That reminds me correspondence to my Personal Fax Machine may resume as I have cleared my backlog.

I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

Chinatown posted:

thats a womans job OP

(i dont know what laminating is)

Heat-sealing something between two layers of plastic. Licenses and I.D.s used to be laminated and much easier to forge.
Do Social Security cards still say 'do not laminate' on them? They are still just pieces of blue paper, right?

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

I.C. posted:

Heat-sealing something between two layers of plastic. Licenses and I.D.s used to be laminated and much easier to forge.
Do Social Security cards still say 'do not laminate' on them? They are still just pieces of blue paper, right?

Exactly what I used to use one for as a kid....used to make fake I.D.s in Serif PagePlus back in like 1995, then print them out on the colour school laser printer, then laminate them in the evening when I worked in a video rental store. Made me some decent money.

Make sure you keep your dong away from the Laminator and also don't try to get high off the fumes.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

I.C. posted:

gonna laminate your g*d drat mom

I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

numberoneposter posted:

its my Personal Laminating Machine. That reminds me correspondence to my Personal Fax Machine may resume as I have cleared my backlog.

Lucky.

I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

Chinatown posted:

gonna laminate your g*d drat mom

My mom is an office manager.

Loden Taylor
Aug 11, 2003

I.C. posted:

Mine sure does, which is annoying as poo poo.

They say you're not supposed to keep it in your wallet, but it seems like there's a ton of things that require you to present the actual physical card for someone to verify that yes, you aren't just making up some fake-rear end SSN, so of course most people keep it with them and then it gets beat to hell since it's just flimsy paper and you're not supposed to laminate it.

Also and furthermore what's up with the lines at the post office and the DMV and

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time

Jerry Mumphrey posted:

i laminated my hands so they dont get sticky when i eat sweets

i laminated my hands so they dont get sticky when i beat meats

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!
I once put in a sheet of paper without the laminate sleeve! Haha, boy did I have egg on my face that day.

Lucky Guy
Jan 24, 2013

TY for no bm

i tried to laminate a fart once, now i can't go back to kinko's ever again

welcome 2 Clown Town
Aug 1, 2006

GALAXY'S #2 SCULL*!

*scrunt skull
op you should laminate ur dick so that you can never accidentallly pass on your gene seed to another human

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

numberoneposter posted:

so ive got some stuff printed out on Regular Office Paper, done full color on our Ricoh MP C4000

should i not use these papers and get card stock or will the laminating process "thicken it up" if you know what i mean?

Should be fine. The final weight will depend on how thick the laminate is.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
laminate a star shape.

then laminate THAT

then laminate THAT THAT

now u have a pretty beefy throwing star

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Once the company i was working for wanted hundreds of pages of poo poo laminated every week that we didnt normally laminate. We also had the slowest laminators in the worls you could apend hald your day browsing the web and laminating it rules.

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
laminate ur dick

welcome 2 Clown Town
Aug 1, 2006

GALAXY'S #2 SCULL*!

*scrunt skull

ElectricSheep posted:

laminate ur dick

ur late to the party asshat liek 5 other peple tople himd to lamitate the dick

Lascivious Sloth
Apr 26, 2008

by sebmojo
I laminated my dick inside your mum op

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

individually laminated oats

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
yes, when I managed a video store in 1994. At least once a month some kid would come in and ask if he could pay me cash to use the machine. Sorry, I'm not going to help you make a lovely fake ID.

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

numberoneposter posted:

individually laminated oats

nice. cut out the oats you need and keep the rest fresh

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

Bonzo posted:

yes, when I managed a video store in 1994. At least once a month some kid would come in and ask if he could pay me cash to use the machine. Sorry, I'm not going to help you make a lovely fake ID.
well now your video store is out of business you should have rolled with the punches and converted into a fax/copy shop before you all went bus. literally sending business away. never make the forbes list with that attitude.

Dave_Indeed
Feb 22, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

numberoneposter posted:

i think im over my head what have i gotten myself into??? any fax masters here also know how to laminate documents like a pro??

Yeah I laminated the back of your wifes throat last night, OP! Hah! Hah! Hah!

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

numberoneposter posted:

Watch me sperg on your sexual innuendo.

Card stock will result in a "thicker" and "stiffer" end product if that's what you want, but the real question is what's the thickness of your laminating sheets? That's what's really gonna get your laminated stuff hard. Use 5mil as opposed to 3mil if that's an option, or hell, even heavier if you can get it. Just know that the heavier the laminate, the longer you need to apply heat and pressure to give it a stiffy.

Why yes, I have used a 60-inch industrial laminator/mounting machine before, why do you ask?

Unknowable Hole
Feb 2, 2005

Pillbug
We have one at the office that we use to laminate the various liscences we need to distribute beer. One day my boss and I went to town on it and laminated everything we could find and then the higher up boss got mad at us. Well theres my story.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

captainoblivious posted:

We have one at the office that we use to laminate the various liscences we need to distribute beer. One day my boss and I went to town on it and laminated everything we could find and then the higher up boss got mad at us. Well theres my story.
did you laminate your dicks???

• Locked thread