Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Luxury Communism
Aug 22, 2015

by Lowtax
OP real answer is basically whenever is clever. If it's not clever, however... :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)
Did anyone say when they talk back lmaoooo

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)
Oh it's says hit on... Awkward

NurhacisUrn
Jul 18, 2013

All I can think about is your wife and a horse.
We are working on some SERIOUS SHIT in here.
All the time OP, the sooner they say "no", you can move to one that will eventually say "yes". It's a numbers game and rejection means nothing.

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

After talking to them like normal people and engaging in a little small talk to see if they reciprocate conversation, then drop a flirty comment and go off their reaction to take it further or de-escalate. Shits not hard, nerds.

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
hmmm.. front or back OP?

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois

bobthedinosaur posted:

After talking to them like normal people and engaging in a little small talk to see if they reciprocate conversation, then drop a flirty comment and go off their reaction to take it further or de-escalate. Shits not hard, nerds.
Let me tell you how I know you're a rapist

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

dad gay. so what posted:

i have some cubs if youre interested

let's talk turkey

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

Al Cowens posted:

Let me tell you how I know you're a rapist

Cuz I talk to women?

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois

bobthedinosaur posted:

I talk to women
:stare:

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

bobthedinosaur posted:

Cuz I talk to women?

you just word rape them w/o consent?

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXgazl9J-Rg
lol this nigga almost got emmett till'd for "don't blush, baby"

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
Oh hey. I almost forget.

If there is another girl nearby that considers herself better looking than the one you want to hit on, then never hit on the one you want to hit on.

Always cater to the biggest ego, I guess? :confused:

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Jerry Mumphrey posted:

let's talk turkey

i could go for a turkey cub

Kindergarten Camp
Nov 27, 2015

Sadly, whether or not it is appropriate/not creepy to hit on a girl may depend on whether you look good enough.

[pic removed; example didn't work quite well]

Example! If your looks are on the other side of the scale as this^, some bad newz ...

Kindergarten Camp fucked around with this message at 16:28 on Feb 4, 2016

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Kindergarten Camp posted:

Sadly, whether or not it is appropriate/not creepy to hit on a girl may depend on whether you look good enough.

Example! If your looks are on the other side of the scale as this^, some bad newz ...

That's a great reg date their precious.

Kindergarten Camp
Nov 27, 2015

I notice that since I wear glasses, I feel the need to overcompensate by getting the girl to think I speak in no way like a nerd, but that still tend to go into awkward territory for me anyway.
The overall advice that's best, I guess, is to think of the idea that if they don't want you, then you shouldn't get focused on wanting them.

Kindergarten Camp fucked around with this message at 05:31 on Feb 4, 2016

logical phalluses
Mar 18, 2009

The living look upon the corpse with their eyesight,
But without eyesight lingers a different living and looks
curiously on the corpse.

I notice that since I wear glasses, I feel the need to overcompensate by getting the girl to think I speak in no way like a nerd, but that still tend to go into awkward territory for me anyway.
The overall advice that's best, I guess, is to think that if they don't want you, you shouldn't get focused on wanting them.

Yeah, sometimes I do this also. Like I'll talk a bunch about football and how much I drink so they know I'm not a nerd. I'm intrigued by the rest of your comment? How do you know if they want you or not?

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
you should never hit a woman OP ):

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Nooner posted:

you should never hit a woman OP ):
i believe there should be a free pass given after u hit a certain skinny:fat ratio if in self defense. otherwise whats to stop big ladies from rising up and just takin g over?

EDIT: rising metaphorically lol dont go there :wink:

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
with questions like this just let your penis do the thinking

Kindergarten Camp
Nov 27, 2015

logical phalluses posted:

Yeah, sometimes I do this also. Like I'll talk a bunch about football and how much I drink so they know I'm not a nerd. I'm intrigued by the rest of your comment? How do you know if they want you or not?

Well, for me I kind of have intuition whether someone like me or not. It's hard to explain, but my simple philosophy is that: I can brush off rejection and I am just going to be a guy who likes those who like me.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

gary oldmans diary posted:

with questions like this just let your penis do the thinking

Jesus...
:stare:

Honestly, this seems to be the best advice.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Usually it's something you should probably work out ahead of time, OP. A lot of girls charge extra for something like that.

The_Angry_Turtle
Aug 2, 2007

BLARGH
If you're hot you can do it whenever and wherever

Bishop
Aug 15, 2000
first principles, op. read marcus aurelius. what is it in itself? what need does it serve?

It helps us gently caress them: it's appropiate to hit on girls when we want to gently caress them. hth

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
when you want to have sex with them

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Broenheim posted:

SEX?? :q::q::q:

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Broenheim posted:

So, let the dick do the thinking?

logical phalluses
Mar 18, 2009

The living look upon the corpse with their eyesight,
But without eyesight lingers a different living and looks
curiously on the corpse.

Broenheim posted:

yeah but if i did that id hit on every girl all the time and some of them dont want to get hit on (by me)

Secks Cauldron
Aug 26, 2006

I thought they closed that place down!

Were you trying to post a picture of an attractive guy? You hosed that up pretty bad.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
I was thinking today if thatdamnjews wife is single now. She seems pretty chill with drugs and waving guns around etc. Hit me up.

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

We have apps for this now you luddites.

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
any time is okay so long as nobody's around and you're not on film. use a phonebook if you don't wanna leave marks

vug
Jan 23, 2015

by Cowcaster

Applewhite posted:

In a girls-only fight club.

Did someone make a thread about those east Berlin fight club pics and/or post them in the muscle girl thread yet btw

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
When they're not hookers.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
If you're GenX or older, anytime is fine.

If you're a millenial, make sure you have the proper forms signed in triplicate and notarized by a council of Tumblrites, and only then you can start thinking about text-messaging the proper pronouns to a girl in hopes of having unfulfilling sex in 2 to 3 years.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

If you're GenX or older, anytime is fine.

If you're a millenial, make sure you have the proper forms signed in triplicate and notarized by a council of Tumblrites, and only then you can start thinking about text-messaging the proper pronouns to a girl in hopes of having unfulfilling sex in 2 to 3 years.

More like, "generation seX". :smuggo:

Dr. Dogballs Jr.
Jun 9, 2014

the angriest sex machine

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

When they're not hookers.

hey, we like getting hit on just as much as regular folk :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aug 4, 2010

i dont know how to hit on someone

• Locked thread