Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.
Someone linked this article on Facebook in response to Bernie v Hillary meme.

http://www.pajiba.com/politics/an-allcaps-explosion-of-feelings-regarding-the-liberal-backlash-against-hillary-clinton.php

It is frenzied.

quote:

For many of us, it's not simply politics as usual. It's very personal.

For me, the backlash against Hillary Clinton feels very, very personal.

Can you imagine how absolutely infuriating it must be for Hillary to have to work so hard to be likable, but strong?

(Etc...)

FIRST AND loving FOREMOST, COOL, YOU LIKE BERNIE'S WISHES AND DREAMS APPROACH TO POLITICS. "FREE COLLEGE FOR EVERYONE AND A GODDAMN PONY." YES, THAT SOUNDS loving WONDERFUL BUT DO YOU THINK HILLARY COULD EVEN SAY THOSE WORDS WITHOUT FOX NEWS LITERALLY BURYING HER ALIVE IN TAMPONS AND CRUCIFIXES?

She continues on this way for like ten more paragraphs. I haven't read the whole thing tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AbbadonOfHell
Jul 16, 2004
You know I would try to think of something funny to put here but ill just pass on that and threaten people with a + 2 board with a nail in it.

Toadvine posted:

http://www.pajiba.com/politics/an-allcaps-explosion-of-feelings-regarding-the-liberal-backlash-against-hillary-clinton.php

It is frenzied.

She continues on this way for like ten more paragraphs. I haven't read the whole thing tbh

Like they haven't been burning her alive in tampons and crucifixes?

Velkest
Mar 1, 2014
i didn't read that article, but i did appreciate the 25 practical tips about the horrors of raising twins. thank you pudgy.com

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Hillary has the unstable female/catty gay vote locked up. Every flamboyant dude I know is pro Hillary, I'm not sure why she's perceived as some gay hero.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I'm gonna be honest here

I really don't think the idea that Hillary could not have Sanders' opinions because she is a woman holds water

What would happen if she did? People would say mean things about her? The people that would do that are doing it already, and she wouldn't be facing a primary challenger from the left because if she had Sanders' stances and policies he probably wouldn't have entered the race to begin with. It'd be a net positive for her.

also obligatory Elizabeth Warren reference

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

FishionMailed posted:

i just want my nieces to not be raped/harassed and otherwise have the same opportunities as the boys in their class

Just make sure that they have masculine names to put on their resume (hahahaha at that guy named "Kim" who got royally hosed)

logical phalluses
Mar 18, 2009

The living look upon the corpse with their eyesight,
But without eyesight lingers a different living and looks
curiously on the corpse.
why are you posting the least funny, totally failing-to-correctly-employ-the-essential-comedic-device-of-the-joke, facebook repost quality versions of this meme.

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
i would gently caress Bernie before i woudl gently caress hillary

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Bernie is the candidate i can see myself having a caramel macchiato with

dZPnJOm8QwUAseApNj
Apr 15, 2002

arf bark woof
w'hich candidate has a little dangly dick? that one has my vote

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Toadvine posted:

Hillary has the unstable female/catty gay vote locked up. Every flamboyant dude I know is pro Hillary, I'm not sure why she's perceived as some gay hero.

These types are beyond insufferable.

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Secondary Objective: Commit Fraud - Complete

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

The Kingfish posted:

These types are beyond insufferable.

"Yasss Queen"

Dave Concepcion
Mar 19, 2012

Setzer Gabbiani
Oct 13, 2004

Berniebros just got a dick-worshipping repackaging

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/dem-primaries/268498-gloria-steinem-young-women-support-sanders-to-attract-men

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

this is an extremely bewildering quote

I am bewildered

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

This is absolutely true. Ever since I showed up to the rallies and put Bernie sticker on my vehicle I've been swimming in mad pussy. My vehicle is a coal burning truck and it still works.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Seriously is Gloria Steinem senile now or something because "young women are only voting for such-and-such politician because they are Boy Crazy :byodame:" is a really really weird thing for a second-wave feminist icon to say

also when I was googling her to find out how old she is (81) the second and third autocomplete results after "gloria steinem" were "gloria steinem bill maher" and "gloria steinem bernie sanders"; I guess word is kind of getting around about this quote huh

fat bossy gerbil
Jul 1, 2007

It isn't surprising at all, she's old as poo poo and wants to see a woman president before she dies. She's willing to say any stupid old loving thing if she thinks it will let her go to the grave filled with a sense of satisfaction.

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
But where does Donald Trump play into all of this?

Velkest
Mar 1, 2014
Bernie is a bad boy, plain and simple. he's like gently caress The Man all the time

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

spregalia posted:

Hillary tried playing the sex card in 2008 before learning that black trumps female. Now she's trying to see if female trumps Jew. HTH.

In all seriousness, it's because she doesn't want people to actually scrutinize her record as a Senator or Secretary of State (both positions she was horrible at). So now she and her idiot followers are playing the "she can't be held to the same standards because she's a woman" card. "She can't refuse corporate/Wall St. donations because she's a woman" (that's what I've been told on several occasions by her supporters). Apparently, despite being literally the 1% of the 1% of the 1% and formerly one of the twenty or so most powerful public officials on the planet means she still can't have moral agency (which ironically is coming from so-called feminist supporters). She's earned it because of a few decades of public service because apparently POTUS is no longer a meritocracy but rather a lifetime achievement award.

wow you loving sexist pig

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler
Two questions. . .

1. Do black voters still like her?

(if yes to the first)

2. Why do black voters still like her?

AbbadonOfHell
Jul 16, 2004
You know I would try to think of something funny to put here but ill just pass on that and threaten people with a + 2 board with a nail in it.

Blistex posted:

Two questions. . .

1. Do black voters still like her?

(if yes to the first)

2. Why do black voters still like her?

1. Yes

2. Bill

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

AbbadonOfHell posted:

1. Yes

2. Bill

:psyduck: Nothing like voting against your own self-interests!

I guess poor republicans and democrats have something in common.

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot

Toadvine posted:

you know some lovely queers hth

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

what does hillary clinton think about dark souls, can someone elucidate vis a vis memes?

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

LOVE LOVE SKELETON posted:

what does hillary clinton think about dark souls, can someone elucidate vis a vis memes?

She thinks it's artificially difficult.

AbbadonOfHell
Jul 16, 2004

LOVE LOVE SKELETON posted:

She thought Lords of the Fallen was a excellent addition to the series.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

both these options are horrifying, i will definitely badmouth her on social media.

Whatev
Jan 19, 2007

unfading

Toadvine posted:

It is frenzied.

Haha it even includes a bit saying that it is unfair to judge her by the policies she championed in the 90s because it was a different time or something

I can't even get excited on the milestone of "first woman president" by itself because she's the wife of a fuckin former president and that is just cheating

AbbadonOfHell
Jul 16, 2004

Toadvine posted:

It is frenzied.

We welcome all comments, except form bigots and trolls.

COMMENTS CLOSED

I bet they all said Liz Warren was alright, but you know that don't count.

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe

loquacius posted:

Seriously is Gloria Steinem senile now or something because "young women are only voting for such-and-such politician because they are Boy Crazy :byodame:" is a really really weird thing for a second-wave feminist icon to say

also when I was googling her to find out how old she is (81) the second and third autocomplete results after "gloria steinem" were "gloria steinem bill maher" and "gloria steinem bernie sanders"; I guess word is kind of getting around about this quote huh

When the book American Psycho came out, Gloria Steinem said it was anti-women and did everything she could to make sure it bombed (at which she succeeded).

So I'll bet she was pretty steamed when her then-stepson Christian Bale later starred in the movie adaptation (which was directed by a woman). :nyd:

Velkest
Mar 1, 2014
gonna mail Sanders, tell him to put on a leather jacket. he gonna corner that ladyvote

watch out for the primaries, sanders on a harley. a wet nation

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator

am i so out of touch?
...no, it's the children who are wrong

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

sexism

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!

Whatev posted:

I can't even get excited on the milestone of "first woman president" by itself because she's the wife of a fuckin former president and that is just cheating

Yeah, I don' think the end game of feminism is riding into office on your husband's coat tails.

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations
bernie is an ok guy he deserves better fans than u nerds but it dont matter bc hillary is 45 and yall are gonna be crying/ovulating when it happens

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

mdm posted:

you know some lovely queers hth

its only and always the mincing lisping gay dudes I know. my even keel gay friends are simply chill.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

Tricky D posted:

Whatever happened to Dan Quayle?

He had an aneurysm trying to spell "potato"

• Locked thread